Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:18 am

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:As far as the Steelers are concerned, they did the best they could with what they had and I'm not disappointed at all. They should be a top contender next season and if they stay healthy enough I would think they have just as good a chance of making it to the SB as anyone.

FPD05 channels his inner Celine Dion and goes 3 for 3 on Coulda Woulda Shoulda in just 2 sentences...

Well maybe we can all agree that it's disturbing that you are well-acquainted enough with Celine Dion to be able to reference her music. :o :?: :?: :lol:

No, the truth is Google also returned songs by Beverly Knight, Brian McKnight and Lou Rawls. I went with the best one for you... :mrgreen:

PDad exposed! He's a Googler!! :lol:

"Keep on Googlin'...Keep on Googlin'..." - FPDad05 Clearwater Revival
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:10 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:No, the truth is Google also returned songs by Beverly Knight, Brian McKnight and Lou Rawls. I went with the best one for you... :mrgreen:

Don't sell me short - I'm a master Googler!

aka No-Credence Clearwater Revival
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:15 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:No, the truth is Google also returned songs by Beverly Knight, Brian McKnight and Lou Rawls. I went with the best one for you... :mrgreen:

Don't sell me short - I'm a master Googler!

aka No-Credence Clearwater Revival

Touche, Master G...touche!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:53 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:As far as the Steelers are concerned, they did the best they could with what they had and I'm not disappointed at all. They should be a top contender next season and if they stay healthy enough I would think they have just as good a chance of making it to the SB as anyone.

FPD05 channels his inner Celine Dion and goes 3 for 3 on Coulda Woulda Shoulda in just 2 sentences...

I'll take the Pats and Cards this weekend and then make my SB prediction next week.

Okay, I'll take the home teams, Broncos and Panthers, and hope both games are well-played and competitive.

I will take New England and Carolina even though I'm for Denver and Arizona. I just don't think Denver will have anything for Brady. I think Carolina will run Newton more than he has all year which will confuse Arizona and open up the middle of the field.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Battle wrote:I will take New England and Carolina even though I'm for Denver and Arizona. I just don't think Denver will have anything for Brady. I think Carolina will run Newton more than he has all year which will confuse Arizona and open up the middle of the field.

:lol: NFL's #1 defense with an incredible game plan by Wade Phillips had Brady confused most of the game. Brady will have nightmares from being chased and hit by Von Miller, Derek Wolfe and DeMarcus Ware all game.

BTW, Brady is now 6-9 against the Broncos - the only team with a winning record against him.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:06 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:I will take New England and Carolina even though I'm for Denver and Arizona. I just don't think Denver will have anything for Brady. I think Carolina will run Newton more than he has all year which will confuse Arizona and open up the middle of the field.

:lol: NFL's #1 defense with an incredible game plan by Wade Phillips had Brady confused most of the game. Brady will have nightmares from being chased and hit by Von Miller, Derek Wolfe and DeMarcus Ware all game.

BTW, Brady is now 6-9 against the Broncos - the only team with a winning record against him.

I was going NE and AZ so that's 0-2 for the weekend. If Denver's defense can slow down Carolina in the 1st half I think they have a shot at pulling off the upset. I don't find Newton and the Panthers to be as annoying as a lot of people do, but that said I will still be rooting for Manning and the Broncos in the SB.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm

PDad wrote:

:D I was wrong about Brady. They handled Brady just fine but with all that, you do realize NE lost on a missed extra point? That's really not "man" handling Brady as you would like to believe. I will also be for Denver in the SB just like I was in the playoffs.

BTW...You're welcome...Phillips and Ware...courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys...hee hee
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:

:D I was wrong about Brady. They handled Brady just fine but with all that, you do realize NE lost on a missed extra point? That's really not "man" handling Brady as you would like to believe. I will also be for Denver in the SB just like I was in the playoffs.

BTW...You're welcome...Phillips and Ware...courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys...hee hee

I'll give you Ware, but giving the Cowboys org credit for Phillips is fiction:

Houston Oilers (1976–1980)
Defensive line coach
New Orleans Saints (1981–1985)
Defensive coordinator
New Orleans Saints (1985)
Interim head coach
Philadelphia Eagles (1986–1988)
Defensive coordinator
Denver Broncos (1989–1992)
Defensive coordinator
Denver Broncos (1993–1994)
Head coach
Buffalo Bills (1995–1997)
Defensive coordinator
Buffalo Bills (1998–2000)
Head coach
Atlanta Falcons (2002–2003)
Defensive coordinator
Atlanta Falcons (2003)
Interim head coach
San Diego Chargers (2004–2006)
Defensive coordinator
Dallas Cowboys (2007–2010)
Head coach
Houston Texans (2011–2013)
Defensive coordinator
Houston Texans (2013)
Interim head coach
Denver Broncos (2015–present)

And Brady was manhandled (4 sacks and 20 QB hits), but I blame the line more than I credit the defense. That rush was not nearly as effective against the Steelers the week before with only 3 sacks (none by Miller an only 1 by Ware) and only 3 QB hits (again none by Miller and only one by Ware).
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:

:D I was wrong about Brady. They handled Brady just fine but with all that, you do realize NE lost on a missed extra point? That's really not "man" handling Brady as you would like to believe.
:roll: You do realize NE needed more than that missed extra point to win? Margin of victory is totally unrelated to what Denver did to Brady.

I will also be for Denver in the SB just like I was in the playoffs.
Of course you will - Denver is America's Team! :mrgreen:

News flash - Wade was in Denver for 6 years long before he went to Dallas. He was Kubiak's DC in Houston and came back to Denver with Gary after being out of football for 2014.

I expect all are ecstatic to be out of Texas...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:32 pm

:lol: You guys kill me...The extra point was the deciding factor otherwise it would have been tied at the end of the 4th. Brady had 4 sacks for 18 yards and Manning had 3 sacks for 31 yards. Time of possession for each team was basically 50/50 with 12 sec difference. Denver played a good game but the hype about Brady being "ruled" is just an opinion at best when you look at the stats. Manning wasn't much better against a lesser defense. The W/L record between Brady and Manning isn't even close. I think it's 11 for 17 for Brady.
As far as Phillips and Ware...You're welcome for Ware courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys and you're welcome for Phillips courtesy of Texas....Either way, you just can't get away from Texas.... :lol:
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to TX