Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by PDad » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:11 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:My definition of done is not likely to reach the Super Bowl. My definition of foreseeable future was already explained as until they get an above average QB, which I don;t see Osweiler being anytime soon. Manning was nowhere near the QB physically that he used to be, but it was fun to see him use his HOF level smarts and make the best out of the situation by eliminating the turnovers and managing the game.

Elway and Kubiak got to see Osweiler enough this season to determine whether he'll be the guy or they need to go get somebody else. I heard there will be some free agents available.

It's kinda odd that 2 ex-QB's have adopted a strategy that de-emphasizes the QB. I trust their judgement in filling that spot.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:57 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:My definition of done is not likely to reach the Super Bowl. My definition of foreseeable future was already explained as until they get an above average QB, which I don;t see Osweiler being anytime soon. Manning was nowhere near the QB physically that he used to be, but it was fun to see him use his HOF level smarts and make the best out of the situation by eliminating the turnovers and managing the game.

Elway and Kubiak got to see Osweiler enough this season to determine whether he'll be the guy or they need to go get somebody else. I heard there will be some free agents available.

It's kinda odd that 2 ex-QB's have adopted a strategy that de-emphasizes the QB. I trust their judgement in filling that spot.

Well with the state of free agency as it is, and as they have already proved, they could be back sooner than later if they snag the right QB. Good luck and congratulations!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Somewhere, Dandy Don is singing...

Turn out the lights, the party's over...

LOL...Well congrats to your Broncos. They deserve it. Manning sure wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag about his retirement was he? Football is over so....waiting for NASCAR to start...oh yeah and I will throw in a little softball I suppose... :D

Thanks Battle. They won it like they have most games this year - great defense and just enough offense.

Your allas Cwbys can become contenders again if they get a big D and some o. :mrgreen:

LOL...well you left out getting a HC...and by that I mean, they don't have one right now. :twisted:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

PDad wrote:

Have you cried yet over Manning's retirement? Did you throw away your Peyton pajamas or are you going to frame them?... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Battle wrote:Have you cried yet over Manning's retirement?

Nope, I was relieved Peyton retired. I'm grateful for most of his time with the Broncos, but he'll always be more of a Colt than a Bronco.

What's the latest from Jonestown?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:21 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:Have you cried yet over Manning's retirement?

Nope, I was relieved Peyton retired. I'm grateful for most of his time with the Broncos, but he'll always be more of a Colt than a Bronco.

What's the latest from Jonestown?

I loved watching Manning play but it was time. I wonder if the Colts will bring him back for retirement. I think they should do something.

As far as the boys', JG is still there and so is JJ. Need I say more?... :twisted:
Battle

by PDad » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:00 pm

What do you think of the Cowboys in the draft? They took OSU RB Ezekiel Elliott in the 1st round (4th overall) and failed to trade up for Memphis QB Paxton Lynch (Broncos got him).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/29/first-round-snap-reactions/83693736/

Ezekiel was showing off his rendition of Cowboy stylin' at the draft...

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Wed May 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Well a good RB opens up a lot of things. Now if he's good is to be seen but the defense was better when Murray was their go to RB. I know that might not make sense but it's true. It gives you more options. I do agree that they need another QB but when the coach doesn't know how to coach...well...

BTW...Congrats to your Broncos (I like them too) but I hope Dallas kicks their ass... :P
Battle

by PDad » Thu May 19, 2016 11:14 am

Battle wrote:... the defense was better when Murray was their go to RB. I know that might not make sense but it's true.
Yep, a defense's best friend is an offense that chews up the clock. Your o-line makes average runners look good - McFadden did well last year and Murray sucked in Philly.

It gives you more options. I do agree that they need another QB...
Yep, need some balance to keep the defense honest. Cowboys also need a solid running game so they don't have to rely on their QB.

but when the coach doesn't know how to coach...well...
Coaching was the big difference in their seasons last year. Denver won despite not getting a strong performance at QB and Dallas folded without Romo.

BTW...Congrats to your Broncos (I like them too) but I hope Dallas kicks their ass... :P

The last 3-1/2 months have been great and I only have 3-1/2 more before the new season takes precedence. I hope Denver and Dallas both play up to their potential next year.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat May 21, 2016 10:58 am

REPORT: Tony Romo Arrested In North Carolina For Using Men’s Bathroom

When asked how police recognized that the man who they received complaints about may have been a women, they pointed towards the Cowboys apparel Romo was wearing at the time. “It was a dead giveaway,” said officer Mike Roseman.

Under the state law, Romo was technically prohibited from using the men’s bathroom even if he identified as a man.

In Romo’s statement to police, the QB said, ” I don’t know what I was thinking. I could have swore I saw the proper sign but it was apparently something else. I have a hard time reading things. It happens a lot. Even off the field. Bathroom signs? Try defenses.” He added, “I was just trying to carry on with my business when you guys intercepted me.”
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX