Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by PDad » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:16 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote::lol: You guys kill me...The extra point was the deciding factor otherwise it would have been tied at the end of the 4th.

Look who's singing Woulda Coulda Shoulda now... :roll: :lol: The outcome of a game is the sum total of everything that happened in it. Fools disregard that basic truth and point to single events as a "deciding factor" in the result. FWIW, the fact the missed extra point happened so early in the game greatly lessened its impact in the Broncos winning in regulation. There were other factors that arguably kept NE from winning in regulation and still others that kept Denver from winning by more. You and FPD05 are free to sing a duet, but I'm not interested in fools' follies.
Well duh...There is always something a team could've done different to win a game but that's not what we are talking about. The kicker missed an extra point that would've sent the game to overtime. With all the rushes, Brady still did pretty good against the #1 defense. The missed extra point was out of his control.
I'd agree IF the extra point was missed at the very end of the game instead of the 1st quarter.
It doesn't matter if it was missed at the beginning or end of the game. Are you really saying if the extra point was made, the game wouldn't have played out different? Really? That's a little desperate.

NE had chances to negate the missed PAT, but they chose to go for it on 4th downs instead of kicking a FG. The NE woulda/shoulda/coulda fans pointed to those decisions as deciding factors more than the missed PAT. Go argue with your fellow fools...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Somewhere, Dandy Don is singing...

Turn out the lights, the party's over...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:24 pm

PDad wrote:Somewhere, Dandy Don is singing...

LOL...Well congrats to your Broncos. They deserve it. Manning sure wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag about his retirement was he? Football is over so....waiting for NASCAR to start...oh yeah and I will throw in a little softball I suppose... :D
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Battle wrote:

LOL...Well congrats to your Broncos. They deserve it. Manning sure wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag about his retirement was he? Football is over so....waiting for NASCAR to start...oh yeah and I will throw in a little softball I suppose... :D

Glad to see the result turn out the way it did.

PDad, was that comment directed at the Broncos from here to the foreseeable future now that Peyton is done in Denver? :o
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:

Glad to see the result turn out the way it did.

PDad, was that comment directed at the Broncos from here to the foreseeable future now that Peyton is done in Denver? :o

:lol: ...Now that was witty AND funny! I knew you still had it somewhere... :P
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Battle wrote:

Thanks Battle. They won it like they have most games this year - great defense and just enough offense.

Your allas Cwbys can become contenders again if they get a big D and some o. :mrgreen:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:11 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Envy much? Peyton missed a lot of games this year and his performance for most of the others was far from Manning-esque. Broncos are like the 2000 Ravens - they only need a QB to take care of the ball and put a few points on the board.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:59 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Envy much? Peyton missed a lot of games this year and his performance for most of the others was far from Manning-esque. Broncos are like the 2000 Ravens - they only need a QB to take care of the ball and put a few points on the board.

You forgot two things:

1. I'm a Steelers fan so I'm not envious of any NFL franchise, period,
2. The Ravens, even with their great defense, were only able to win one Super Bowl. After that they needed a much better QB to help them with their second SB over a decade later. So like I said (without envy and just speaking from facts and educated opinion) the Broncos are likely done for the foreseeable future, unless they can get a QB.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:07 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:You forgot two things:

2. The Ravens, even with their great defense, were only able to win one Super Bowl. After that they needed a much better QB to help them with their second SB over a decade later. So like I said (without envy and just speaking from facts and educated opinion) the Broncos are likely done for the foreseeable future, unless they can get a QB.

I didn't forget anything...

1. Envy was for this season and you thought your team was going to the Super Bowl.
2. Ravens lost a lot of impact players in 2002 due to the salary cap. A good QB is very important, however it takes a lot more than that. The proof is your team's lack of success over the last 5 years despite having the same QB when they went to the Super Bowl 3 times in the previous 6 years.

What are your definitions of "done" and "foreseeable future"?

Regardless, I am confident Elway will get the players to contend. Maintaining the coaching staff is another priority.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:26 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:You forgot two things:

I didn't forget anything...

1. Envy was for this season and you thought your team was going to the Super Bowl.
2. Ravens lost a lot of impact players in 2002 due to the salary cap. A good QB is very important, however it takes a lot more than that. The proof is your team's lack of success over the last 5 years despite having the same QB when they went to the Super Bowl 3 times in the previous 6 years.

What are your definitions of "done" and "foreseeable future"?

Regardless, I am confident Elway will get the players to contend. Maintaining the coaching staff is another priority.

1. No envy whatsoever, I'm far past all that sorry. And I thought (and hoped) the Steelers would make it to the Super Bowl, but they didn't play well enough with the players available to overcome the injury obstacle and the late turnover in the Denver game so that's that. Injuries are a very unfortunate part of the game, but that's just the way it goes.

2. It works both ways on that argument. i can argue that Big Ben is the biggest factor as to why they've done as well as they have the last 5 years.

My definition of done is not likely to reach the Super Bowl. My definition of foreseeable future was already explained as until they get an above average QB, which I don;t see Osweiler being anytime soon. Manning was nowhere near the QB physically that he used to be, but it was fun to see him use his HOF level smarts and make the best out of the situation by eliminating the turnovers and managing the game.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX