Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by Battle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:42 am

Is Romo done for the Dallas Cowboys? Are you still a fan of his or have you jumped ship? Do you think it's him or is he not getting enough protection in the pocket?
When he first started, I was a fan but I'm not so sure anymore. He seems to buckle under pressure at the end. At first I chalked it up to inexperience but now he should be getting it.
Don't you think?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by DonnieS » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Battle wrote:Is Romo done for the Dallas Cowboys? Are you still a fan of his or have you jumped ship? Do you think it's him or is he not getting enough protection in the pocket?
When he first started, I was a fan but I'm not so sure anymore. He seems to buckle under pressure at the end. At first I chalked it up to inexperience but now he should be getting it.
Don't you think?

Battle, I have only been watching the cowboys since the early 60's , and I can remember times like this where you could not trust the qb - those were the Danny White years and the Craig Morton years. In a way, Tony is the worst because he is not consistently bad or consistently good - some people think - hey, he is over it, he is coming back, and then when you get your hopes almost pointing up, the bad Tony shows up. The really tough thing with this deal is you have super Ego JJ who refuses to admit a mistake - so he wont - and I think we are stuck with Romo for a while.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BANDITO99 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:22 am

Can't be any worse than Matt Schaub and the Texans could have easily won the game if he would have continued running on the last play of the game instead he handed the ball off to the opposing team. Paid millions of bucks and afraid to take a $20.00 hit. What ever happen to take one for the team and get the win.

Maybe the Texans will Trade Schaub for Romo???
BANDITO99

by DonnieS » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:49 am

BANDITO99 wrote:Can't be any worse than Matt Schaub and the Texans could have easily won the game if he would have continued running on the last play of the game instead he handed the ball off to the opposing team. Paid millions of bucks and afraid to take a $20.00 hit. What ever happen to take one for the team and get the win.

Maybe the Texans will Trade Schaub for Romo???

No kidding Bandit, it looks like the two guys are giving each other pointers.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pbj2000 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 am

Romo is the most consistant inconsistant player i've seen in a long time. I agree JJ has mucked this up and needs to step back and hire a real GM who knows football. They need to draft a quarterback. I think Red J is a step in the right direction as he is very very smart, but I doubt he will pull the plug on Romo with all the $$ JJ just spent on him.

Bring back Quincy Carter? HAHA! So it's not that bad, just hard to get your hopes up anymore...
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by Battle » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 am

DonnieS wrote:Battle, I have only been watching the cowboys since the early 60's , and I can remember times like this where you could not trust the qb - those were the Danny White years and the Craig Morton years. In a way, Tony is the worst because he is not consistently bad or consistently good - some people think - hey, he is over it, he is coming back, and then when you get your hopes almost pointing up, the bad Tony shows up. The really tough thing with this deal is you have super Ego JJ who refuses to admit a mistake - so he wont - and I think we are stuck with Romo for a while.

I started watching the cowboys during the Stauback days so I don't really remember Morton but I do remember Danny White...QB/Punter. I can see Romo getting a little better and maybe even winning in the playoffs later but I just don't see him being consistant enough to make it to the superbowl. I hope I'm wrong about that though.
I find myself considering Tebow and I never was a Tebow fan. What the heck...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:59 am

Well I believe he has won every game (except one) since I posted this...LOL...Go figure. I would like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and show me another Cowboy superbowl especially with all the Steelers fans that I have for friends... :lol:
Battle

by anonlooker » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Actually since October 13 they have lost to New England and Philadelphia, while winning 5 games vs weak competition:

St Louis 2-8, in last place
Seattle 4-6
Buffalo 5-5
Washington 3-7, in last place
Miami, 3-8, in last place

Next 5 games, only NYG has winning record (barely) at 6-4. They won't be facing patsies like the ones they've been beating once they get to playoffs. Super Bowl? :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Battle » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:31 pm

anonlooker wrote:Actually since October 13 they have lost to New England and Philadelphia, while winning 5 games vs weak competition:

St Louis 2-8, in last place
Seattle 4-6
Buffalo 5-5
Washington 3-7, in last place
Miami, 3-8, in last place

Next 5 games, only NYG has winning record (barely) at 6-4. They won't be facing patsies like the ones they've been beating once they get to playoffs. Super Bowl? :lol: :lol:

Playoffs?!!!!...PLAYOFFS?!!!!!!!....HeeHee

Ok, so they have lost 2 since the 13th. Point is, Romo was playing like crap then and now he's not. Question is, can he last?

Texas Rangers with 2 back to back appearances in the WS, Mavs looks like they will be champs 2 years in a row with the lockout :?: :? ...Glory takes 2nd at PGF against the so called best...So the Cowboys in the Super Bowl? ...Anything can happen when dealing with Texas... :lol:
Battle

by slaphitter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Battle wrote:Is Romo done for the Dallas Cowboys? Are you still a fan of his or have you jumped ship? Do you think it's him or is he not getting enough protection in the pocket?
Don't you think?

one of the biggest problems is the receivers. They don't know how to run routes. 3/4 of the time Romo has to guess where they are going to be. Plus have you tryed throwing while lying on your back. No offense line . Yes Romo makes a bad throw now and again but they all do. But look at the $100,000,000.00 Vick, what has he done for Philly. Giants, San Diego QB's how often do they show up in a game. Romo is not the greatest but he far from being the worse.
slaphitter

Next

Return to TX