Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Softball Junk WHY?

by ROCKETTECHMAN » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Why do we shop at Softball Junk? The guy that owns the place is a complete jackass. Everytime in there and he is working, its like why do you come in person. I walked in today and asked about a pair of cleats, asked him about a size and he said" how would I know what we have" and then walked off. 3 months ago same deal about a damn bat.
The girl swho work there are wonderful, however he is a complete fool and I refuse to by from him. Hell I will pay more someplace else.

Even my daughter said dad why do people have to be so rude?
Take your junk and stick it up your ass!!
ROCKETTECHMAN

by Gary Leland » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 pm

I was amazed at this post. At first I was going to ignore it, but then I decided to answer it since I knew who you were.

Before you came in I was on the phone in the back room, and the young man who works out front asked me if I would come out front while he went to the bathroom (in case someone came in). I put my call on hold for a moment and walked out front.

I was out front 1 minute and you walked in the door with your daughter. I greeted you as you came in with a hello, and asked how you were doing. I do not know if rude people do that or not. You and your daughter walked over to the shoes and started looking at them.

You asked me if we had a certain size. I looked through the doorway into the back room. I saw Stuart was coming back up front, so as he came back to his position out front I let him help you so I could get back to my call on hold.

I never said How do I know if I have the size show you need. That would not even make any sense. I pay thousands on rent, and inventory to tell people I do not know how to find their size. I started this business with a $25 investment. and a lot of sweat and hard work, but I do not know how to read a shoe box size.

It probably was rude of me to leave you with Stuart without saying I have to take a phone call, and Stuart will finish helping you, but do not confuse people being busy. as anything but that. Stuart was more than capable of helping you and your daughter with shoes.

I work hard at my business, as you can see I am still working at 10 pm even thought I went into work this morning at 7am. I do make mistake like everyone does, and when I am wrong I am the first to say it.

As for being a jackass and a fool, you are certainly entitled to your thoughts.

Like I said I owe you an apology for not telling you I was going to let Stuart finish helping you. So I will say it hear I am sorry. I am not ashamed to apologize when I make a mistake.
Gary Leland

by Let's Play Two » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:37 pm

I have had a few friends go to your store and have bad things to say about the owner. Not know how to read a shoe box and you are the owner?! Seems like all that money you are making has spoiled you.

I will never shop in your store. One of my best friends was rudely treated by you. Don't know how you stay in business. Maybe you should stay in the back and stay on the phone call all day....
Let's Play Two

by ROCKETTECHMAN » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:56 pm

well like I said this is not the first time. It's the 4th and the last. I have sworn this off my list.
I will accept the apoligy.
Remember I gave you a lead last year about a certain team stealing your Wilson business selling bats at cost to everyone around.

I came home and ordered 2 pair of cleats at $99.99 a pair and I need to get a few $300.00 bats. Also got the Batting gloves at another place.
So for being rude just cost ya ABOUT $840 BUCKS. Oh well I'm sure that would have helped with the light bill.
ROCKETTECHMAN

by Gary Leland » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:34 am

First of all Thanks for accepting my apology.

I do have to say I was upset when I first read your post. I guess after working 14 hours yesterday, I was tired and felt like I was publicly attacked by you. I felt if you were truly concerned about letting me know about it, you would of told me at the store in person. I guess that is what I would of done. I would not of been rude about it, but I would of expressed my thoughts in person.

Instead you decided to go on a public forum and tell the world I was a fool and a jackass. It seemed kind of personal.

I do want to thank you for letting me know, even if it was not in the manner I would of chosen. After working in retail for 40 plus years, and working around 70 hours a week for most of this year, I may have gotten a tired attitude. I guess it must be showing even though I did not even know I had it.

I am going to work on improving that. I am not a rude person, and do not want to appear as one to people. I would never call anyone a fool or a jackass, because that seems kind of rude to me.

I am going to copy your post and hang it on the store bulletin board as an example to everyone at the store as to how we can appear to others with out even knowing it.

It is weird how different things can look after a good night of sleep. Thanks again for accepting my apology.
Gary Leland

by statmom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I have always gotten good customer service while shopping at Softball Junk. While I have never dealt with the owner at the store, I have encountered him numerous times at different ballparks around the metroplex and he has always be very friendly and courteous. The fact is simple...he offers hard to find items at a reasonable price plus you don't have to pay extra to have it shipped.
statmom

by Underdog » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:43 am

Fred wrote:You don't know me, however, I've been in your store several times ...mainly because your prices are decent and you have an extensive inventory, and some hard to find items. Your staff is nice enough, but you could use a lesson or two in 'friendlier' customer service. I'm not bashing...just offering some feedback that may be useful.

Fred giving feedback recommending a lesson in "friendly" ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Underdog

by DonnieS » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 am

statmom wrote:I have always gotten good customer service while shopping at Softball Junk. While I have never dealt with the owner at the store, I have encountered him numerous times at different ballparks around the metroplex and he has always be very friendly and courteous. The fact is simple...he offers hard to find items at a reasonable price plus you don't have to pay extra to have it shipped.

Statmom, my experience is the same as yours - I like the way they have handled my business.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DOG310 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 am

Always had great service whether in person or by mail.
DOG310

by texasugly1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Fred wrote:
Underdog wrote:
Fred wrote:You don't know me, however, I've been in your store several times ...mainly because your prices are decent and you have an extensive inventory, and some hard to find items. Your staff is nice enough, but you could use a lesson or two in 'friendlier' customer service. I'm not bashing...just offering some feedback that may be useful.

Fred giving feedback recommending a lesson in "friendly" ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey a$$hole...I've always been friendly to you...

Fred sure is defensive now days. Must be that time of the month for him/her...
texasugly1

Next

Return to TX