Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Who wins in the conference realignments?

by MavFan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:27 pm

heybuckethead wrote:I may be a liar or just a bad editor posting on Heybucket while on a teleconference. But you failed to come close to addressing my point - that the Big XII loses a NCAA softball tournament berth regardless of who gets added -- which I suppose makes you either illiterate, stupid, a troll, or just an ass. :lol:

illiterate?? uhm you posted inaccurate information in your post. Which part did I not understand?

stupid? nah, you are just mad because someone called you out on your inaccurate post and for tryng to cover it up.

a troll? - please....

just an ass? - maybe, but the fact that you are posting while on a teleconference and posted inaccurate statements isn't my problem.

In fact I did answer your post. I stated the Big 9 will lose all of their regional berths, unless they can lure a some big time schools from BCS conferences or Notre Dame. Which I predicted would not happen. Why would Pitt or Louisville (not big time by the way) or Arkansas leave their respective BCS conferences, with equal revenue sharing, or BYU and Notre Dame join on (with no revenue sharing) to go play in the Big 9 where Texas and to a lesser extent OU run the show and keep a larger portion of the revenue?
MavFan

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:28 pm

MavFan, you appear to just be spouting off as usual. To me, you sound like someone who just moved to Texas a few years ago and doesn't understand the histories, rivalries, or people behind the scenes making the decisions.

* OU won't go anywhere without OSU because T. Boone Pickens says they can't. OU and OSU would leave and go to the SEC without any concern what Texas does. If OSU needs a stadium bigger than 60,000 seater they have like you say, T.Boone will build it.

* Texas never follows Texas A&M to the SEC, but will go to the PAC-10 without or without OU and OSU, but never without their "partner" Texas Tech because the Texas legislatures says so. It's called the PUF fund, and it is the real reason why the University of Texas does anything the University of Texas does.

* Neither Texas nor OU wants the Big II to fail, and therefore, it won't. Texas wants its TV deal and OU wants its national championships. They both want to be the Big II, wherever they go, and that doesnt' happen in the SEC or PAC-10. They both know as long as they stick together, it doesn't matter who else is in the conference, the Big XII keeps it's BCS berth and marches on.
TXfastpitchsoftball

by MavFan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:11 pm

I have been in the state for the better part of 20 years, I fully understand the rivalries and traditions. The problem is that in the struggle for power and money in collegiate athletics, everything else is expendable. Tradition, geography, regional flavor, and rivalries, they're all just lip service. None of the college presidents, ADs or conference commissioners believe in those concepts anymore, no matter what they say.

Texas A&M left a 100+ year relationship with Texas for money, the rivalry and traditions will be an afterthought. After being left by Arkansas for the same reason 20 years ago, Texas, A&M, Baylor and Tech left the SWC to join the Big 12 for more money and power as well. Now that the 16 team super conference is about to change the landscape again, more traditions and rivalries will be lost, or at a minimum, their importance will be diminished.
MavFan

by 93players » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:00 pm

The A & M move may be money driven, but they have committed themselves to a long run of losing seasons. They will gain few if any recruits to beautiful college station from the SEC states and instead open the door to Texas players whose parents will let them go to a conference that at least plays one game in the home state. These players will leave the state more readily or at least stay with a Texas team that plays other more local teams, OU, OSU. SEC teams are big winners. A & M loses the ability to put a program in the top of the conference. Plus SEC teams are known to push the edge on recruiting tricks so I am not sure A & M will be able to compete with Auburn and Ole Miss let a lone the top ones on a year to year basis. Did A & M win on a money basis? We will never know. Maybe in the conference monies, but not in the lost alumn contributions when they go .500 for twenty plus years.
93players

by anonlooker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 am

Fred wrote:
93players wrote:The A & M move may be money driven, but they have committed themselves to a long run of losing seasons. They will gain few if any recruits to beautiful college station from the SEC states and instead open the door to Texas players whose parents will let them go to a conference that at least plays one game in the home state. These players will leave the state more readily or at least stay with a Texas team that plays other more local teams, OU, OSU. SEC teams are big winners. A & M loses the ability to put a program in the top of the conference. Plus SEC teams are known to push the edge on recruiting tricks so I am not sure A & M will be able to compete with Auburn and Ole Miss let a lone the top ones on a year to year basis. Did A & M win on a money basis? We will never know. Maybe in the conference monies, but not in the lost alumn contributions when they go .500 for twenty plus years.

Agree with all of this, except for the fact the move is all about the Longhorns. They can't see past their noses because of their hate of UT Austin. It's called Pen#s Envy!. UT swings the big one in this state and the aggys can't stand it!

Pen!s envy? :lol:

Classic Freda. :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by heybuckethead » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Latest is the Big East is courting Baylor. Coaches can't be happy. Going to be hard to recruit local Texas or top California kids to keep Bayor a perrennial Top 25 team and WCWS contender in that conference.
heybuckethead

by 3Bsnag » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 pm

heybuckethead wrote:Latest is the Big East is courting Baylor. Coaches can't be happy. Going to be hard to recruit local Texas or top California kids to keep Bayor a perrennial Top 25 team and WCWS contender in that conference.

Speaking softball, Baylor is in a no-win situation unless the Big 12 stays together. You are right, softball and baseball would be hurting as much as TX kids like to stay close to home. Their only true tests would be DePaul, Louisville, and Notre Dame, and playing in conference would be a beast of a travel schedule. Does a great, private education supercede that? IMO it would.

That's a good deal for football and basketball though and better than the alternative. If it wasn't for that pesky BCS title and money, Conf USA makes more sense.
3Bsnag

by heybuckethead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 am

Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC. Maybe Texas next? This leaves Baylor, Kansas, and Iowa State softball in even a worse situation. The Big East was already a huge step backwards for these programs. Now you have to think the softball programs at least are hoping for the Mountain West if the Big XII falls apart today.
heybuckethead

Previous

Return to TX