Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Bomber Org.

by texasugly1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Does not look like this organization does there back ground checks.
ETX Bombers Gold
Head Coach - Thomas Flanigan

This guy has been booted from almost every where he has been in N. Texas for cheating, fighting, and probably other things. WOW
texasugly1

by texasugly1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Fred wrote:He also has a daughter in high school. A great kid! Too bad you're bringing this up here for her to see or hear about...

Well Fred. If he has a daughter in HS that means she probably has played for him in the past and knows first hand of his cheating ways. So it should be of no surprise if she reads this.
texasugly1

by Sftball Junkie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Don't know anything about the guy or the Org, however if Fred is defending the guy I am sure there is an issue. Fred seems to like defending these types. Check out the Nor Cal board under Breeze Drama. A$$ Hat Fred is at it again :ugeek:
Sftball Junkie

by justawatcher » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 am

We probably also should not bring up Uncle Shaune either. We wouldn't want any relatives to get offended. Let's avoid informing people about convicted sex offenders. We wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I guess since I opened the door though-Will Thomas' brother be coaching?

http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=440&t=7341&start=10&hilit=Flanigan
justawatcher

by SoftballG » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:07 am

Wow, this guys is still around? I hope the Bombers seriously reconsider this decision...
SoftballG

by soreshins » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:09 am

Is Thomas Flanigan the guy who once coached the 95 Glory and won an ASA 10U title? Later he went to the Ameican Liberty Kruzers. His Kruzers team was DQ'd at 14U Nationals a few years ago (2009?). Same guy different guy?
soreshins

by texasugly1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:25 pm

soreshins wrote:Is Thomas Flanigan the guy who once coached the 95 Glory and won an ASA 10U title? Later he went to the Ameican Liberty Kruzers. His Kruzers team was DQ'd at 14U Nationals a few years ago (2009?). Same guy different guy?

Yep same guy...... This is why I posted this. No one will have anything to do with him in NTX so is appears Central TX does not know or does not care...
texasugly1

by texasugly1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: What happend to the thread for Background checks for Coaches
Kruzer1 wrote:
This post was deleted:

To the softball community,
My name is Ron Withee, General Manager of American Liberty Softball Club. On Monday 7/13/2009 this issue was brought to my attention. When this individual first started helping out with our team I personally did a check on him on a site I use called familywatchdog.gov. Unknown to me was that his last name was spelled slightly different than his brother. When typed in at this particular site it brought up nothing. After learning that his last name was spelled a little different than his brother I was able to view his history. On Tuesday, 7/14/2009, I informed this individual and his brother that he would no longer be allowed to help with practices or games and would not be allowed at any of our team's events or functions. Simultaneously, I informed all of the teams parents what had just transpired and all were thankful that it had been handled swiftly. Currently, our metro is handling the deliberation process for any reprimand against the coach in question.
I thank you for allowing my comments.

Ron Withee
General Manager
American Liberty Softball
Kruzers 14U

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 pm
texasugly1

by justawatcher » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 am

texasugly1 wrote:Re: What happend to the thread for Background checks for Coaches
Kruzer1 wrote:
This post was deleted:

To the softball community,
My name is Ron Withee, General Manager of American Liberty Softball Club. On Monday 7/13/2009 this issue was brought to my attention. When this individual first started helping out with our team I personally did a check on him on a site I use called familywatchdog.gov. Unknown to me was that his last name was spelled slightly different than his brother. When typed in at this particular site it brought up nothing. After learning that his last name was spelled a little different than his brother I was able to view his history. On Tuesday, 7/14/2009, I informed this individual and his brother that he would no longer be allowed to help with practices or games and would not be allowed at any of our team's events or functions. Simultaneously, I informed all of the teams parents what had just transpired and all were thankful that it had been handled swiftly. Currently, our metro is handling the deliberation process for any reprimand against the coach in question.
I thank you for allowing my comments.

Ron Withee
General Manager
American Liberty Softball
Kruzers 14U

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Nothing was ever done on this by the way. Withee is a liar. No one in his metro ever did anything but hold the rug up and sweep it under. Grubbs? Gotcher? Anyone? Who was it that was "handling the deliberation process for any reprimand against the coach in question?" If you're going to try out for the bombers, make sure you don't let any of your kids out of your sight.
justawatcher

by okla21fan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:05 am

justawatcher wrote:
Nothing was ever done on this by the way. Withee is a liar. No one in his metro ever did anything but hold the rug up and sweep it under. Grubbs? Gotcher? Anyone? Who was it that was "handling the deliberation process for any reprimand against the coach in question?" If you're going to try out for the bombers, make sure you don't let any of your kids out of your sight.

a few questions:

Was he allowed to coach after this via ASA?
did he ever appear on an ASA roster as a coach after this?
Has he appeared on an ASA roster as a coach since?
Does he currently appear on an ASA roster as a coach?
What ASA tournaments has this guy's team participated in since he has 'become' the coach?

Not really sure if this is an 'ASA problem' (if it is a problem at all) as it might be best to look where this team has been playing and is currently registered and playing future tournaments. The finger pointing might need to be pointed where this team is currently sanctioned (where ever that is) and probably more importantly, the parents making a choice if they would like their kid playing for this coach. :roll:
okla21fan

Next

Return to TX