Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

gold cup de tejas

by Softballguru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am

Cheeseburger wrote:
Bullethead wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:
Bullethead wrote:Don't forget 14u. Lmao that was a humdinger get a bye, play a game call yourself champeen

Can you say "dickhead?" That is probably your real name.

Nope - just a guy that actually looked at the results after some broad brush strokes were painted by some earlier poster in regard to how the aces swept all three classes. May change my name to "cutthroughthebshead"

So the complaint with the touornament is who the winners are? I dont see anyone posting about anything other than that. All the teams in Texas were invited to come play and win it. No one was excluded that I ever heard. Maybe if IG wouldve played and won it, it wouldve been a just fine tournament.

No one has an issue with the tournament! No one has an issue with who won the three age groups! The issue is; You have idiots come on heybucket saying how great the tournament was; How great the Aces Express are in all age groups! Sounds to me like the Aces Express are trophy hunters! Finally you bash IG for not coming....Let me tell you something....Aces Express 16U would get their asses stomped by IG 16U! IG 16U's was in a real tournament this past weekend; the AZ Froshow! IG plays the best tournaments in the country! That's a fact! Can't wait to see IG 16U blast AE 16U! Be careful what you wish for!
Softballguru

by Ejected » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 am

Softballguru wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:
Bullethead wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:
Bullethead wrote:Don't forget 14u. Lmao that was a humdinger get a bye, play a game call yourself champeen

Nope - just a guy that actually looked at the results after some broad brush strokes were painted by some earlier poster in regard to how the aces swept all three classes. May change my name to "cutthroughthebshead"

So the complaint with the touornament is who the winners are? I dont see anyone posting about anything other than that. All the teams in Texas were invited to come play and win it. No one was excluded that I ever heard. Maybe if IG wouldve played and won it, it wouldve been a just fine tournament.

No one has an issue with the tournament! No one has an issue with who won the three age groups! The issue is; You have idiots come on heybucket saying how great the tournament was; How great the Aces Express are in all age groups! Sounds to me like the Aces Express are trophy hunters! Finally you bash IG for not coming....Let me tell you something....Aces Express 16U would get their asses stomped by IG 16U! IG 16U's was in a real tournament this past weekend; the AZ Froshow! IG plays the best tournaments in the country! That's a fact! Can't wait to see IG 16U blast AE 16U! Be careful what you wish for!

WOW :o
Ejected

by Softballguru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:55 am

Spazsdad wrote:IG went 2-3-1 in AZ so I would maybe tone down the chest thumping ;)

It's not about winning or losing in the fall for IG! You play the best competition! It's about getting kids scholarships and nobody does it better! That's what seperates IG from the trophy hunters!
Softballguru

by soreshins » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Obviously Impact Gold not about winning and losing in the fall. It is also not really about getting people signed. Most gold programs including AE get their people signed. The difference between Impact Gold and teams like AE is what happens at the end of the year in tournaments that count.

Impact finished 2nd at ASA in 2012, 3rd at ASA in 2011, 4th at ASA in 2010 and 2nd at PGF in 2010. In contrast, AE was tied for 25th at ASA Gold (with several other teams) in 2012. Not a great showing not a bad showing. Clearly not anything to be worthy of mouthing off about on Heybucket. AE says they are the "second best" gold team in Houston. Well there were 3 teams from Houston that finished in the top 10 at ASA Gold in 2012. Therefore, AE is actually the 4th best team. Until AE does something (top 10 finish) in a tournament that matters (ASA or PGF) it is all just a bunch of hot air. The only people who care about AE are AE's parents and their surrogates who whine on Heybucket. No one else cares.

Instead of having their parents whining on Heybucket AE should focus on winning at ASA or PGF. Then maybe teams will come to your tournament next year to play you. After all you will be on the main fields.
soreshins

by airborne » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Shins might be on to something.

Spaz:

It was a showcase.....I was unaware that W's & L's matter.

That said, showcase or not, it doesn't change the fact IG played some really good teams out there.

That said, where's my koolaid?
airborne

by fastpitchforever » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Softballguru wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:
Bullethead wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:

No one has an issue with the tournament! No one has an issue with who won the three age groups! The issue is; You have idiots come on heybucket saying how great the tournament was; How great the Aces Express are in all age groups! Sounds to me like the Aces Express are trophy hunters! Finally you bash IG for not coming....Let me tell you something....Aces Express 16U would get their asses stomped by IG 16U! IG 16U's was in a real toPurnament this past weekend; the AZ Froshow! IG plays the best tournaments in the country! That's a fact! Can't wait to see IG 16U blast AE 16U! Be careful what you wish for!

I'd bet you also think that playing on the IG 16U team gives your DD a shot at playing on one of the IG 18U teams.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Softballguru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

The following kids from last summers IG 16U team made the IG 18 gold teams:

Maddie Kettler 2016 Baylor
Kyla Walker 2015 Baylor
Courtney Meier
Allie Bessett 2015 Belmont
Bree Trost 2015 TAMCC
Shelby McGlaun 2016 Baylor
Rhonda Jarvis 2015 Baylor
Lexie Smith 2015 Houston
Carolina Sanchez
Erica Russell 2015 Tex A&M

Two additional kids from last summers IG 16U, which stayed down are also committed and had a opportunity to move to the GOLD team!

Ashley Johnson 2015 Belmont
Taylor Satchell 2015 LSU

This time last year, not one kid was committed!

What is your point FASTPITCH?
Softballguru

by bigtime » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Here are a few 14u facts

Aces did not win a pool game against the 14u opponents

Aces lost two 16u games and ducked out of a late game to go home early

Bombers lost two 16u games

Kaos was 1-2 in 16u Kaos took the 9pm game aces chose not to play

Kaos came back for a 9am against the bombers and won the game. After one game they received a three hour break with four fields open to play the ship. Aces won.
bigtime

by Cheeseburger » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 am

bigtime wrote:Here are a few 14u facts

Aces did not win a pool game against the 14u opponents

Aces lost two 16u games and ducked out of a late game to go home early

Bombers lost two 16u games

Kaos was 1-2 in 16u Kaos took the 9pm game aces chose not to play

Kaos came back for a 9am against the bombers and won the game. After one game they received a three hour break with four fields open to play the ship. Aces won.

Goodness bert, get your facts straight. According to my sources, aces beat bombers friday night. And none of the 14U teams, including your 14u Kaos team, wona single game in the 16u bracket (anyone can read the brackets that hang on the wall for all to see). So both 14u teams that played in the event lost to the aces.
Cheeseburger

by fastpitchforever » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 am

Softballguru wrote:The following kids from last summers IG 16U team made the IG 18 gold teams:

Maddie Kettler 2016 Baylor
Kyla Walker 2015 Baylor
Courtney Meier
Allie Bessett 2015 Belmont
Bree Trost 2015 TAMCC
Shelby McGlaun 2016 Baylor
Rhonda Jarvis 2015 Baylor
Lexie Smith 2015 Houston
Carolina Sanchez
Erica Russell 2015 Tex A&M

Two additional kids from last summers IG 16U, which stayed down are also committed and had a opportunity to move to the GOLD team!

Ashley Johnson 2015 Belmont
Taylor Satchell 2015 LSU

This time last year, not one kid was committed!

What is your point FASTPITCH?

Please relist the ones that made THE gold team, not the wannabe, and I'll have made my point.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX