Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Best 14U Teams in NTX

by ceelo9 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 pm

ceelo9 wrote:UPDATE:
After several tournies & friendlies I think its time for an update. After watching several games between the so-called top teams in N. Tx., without a doubt Glory Kyser is tops. Watching the game between Glory & FC it was most evident. The FC had their A team out and still could not match defensively and were over matched offensively. With a veteran squad they could not capitalize on walks with timely hits. Numerous strike outs, for a team know for big bats. It seems they rely to much on trying to swing for the fences rather than hit for contact. Fielding in this game was also a problem. I know that this team has alot of talent but that has not translated to big wins over the top teams locally. Glory has again shown that they can adapt to whomever their playing. They can slap & bunt at will, which FC has seems to ignore or put a ball in play when needed. Glory 4 FC 1.

Glory Allen has the makings of a team that can definitely give Glory Kyser or any other top team problems. Ask FC. They have big hitters that find a way to come through, and a quick infield to back up their pitching. Their top of the lineup are definite table setters and create havoc on the bases. Glory Allen lost against FC in Desoto this past weekend but got the better of them in the Keist Preview when it counted. I think this teams new additions will add to a veteran core of players and make them a more complete team. My top 5.

In order:
1. Glory Kyser
2. Glory Allen
3. FC
4. Fusion Rhine
5. AF Kennedy

Could also put TX Elite, TX Pride in the 5th spot.

Im an FC parent who says that both Glory Kyser & Glory Allen are better teams. That makes alot of sense. I think JJGOLD who btw just signed up today just to let us know that he doesn't care much for FC. I merely talked about the friendly and also how their wasn't much comp at the VTD tournament in NRH. Check VTD, whats a bunch of runs to you? Don't get mad that Elite is not mentioned in the top 5. Elite scores 1 run against both Glory's. Bad day, thats an understatement. Your probably the one saying AF is the new Glory.

Im a Pride parent. Cause I think they should be ranked higher than FC & Fusion Rhine.
ceelo9

by jjgold » Tue May 01, 2012 9:11 am

ceelo9 wrote:
After several tournies & friendlies I think its time for an update. After watching several games between the so-called top teams in N. Tx., without a doubt Glory Kyser is tops. Watching the game between Glory & FC it was most evident. The FC had their A team out and still could not match defensively and were over matched offensively. With a veteran squad they could not capitalize on walks with timely hits. Numerous strike outs, for a team know for big bats. It seems they rely to much on trying to swing for the fences rather than hit for contact. Fielding in this game was also a problem. I know that this team has alot of talent but that has not translated to big wins over the top teams locally. Glory has again shown that they can adapt to whomever their playing. They can slap & bunt at will, which FC has seems to ignore or put a ball in play when needed. Glory 4 FC 1.

Glory Allen has the makings of a team that can definitely give Glory Kyser or any other top team problems. Ask FC. They have big hitters that find a way to come through, and a quick infield to back up their pitching. Their top of the lineup are definite table setters and create havoc on the bases. Glory Allen lost against FC in Desoto this past weekend but got the better of them in the Keist Preview when it counted. I think this teams new additions will add to a veteran core of players and make them a more complete team. My top 5.

In order:
1. Glory Kyser
2. Glory Allen
3. FC
4. Fusion Rhine
5. AF Kennedy

Im an FC parent who says that both Glory Kyser & Glory Allen are better teams. That makes alot of sense. I think JJGOLD who btw just signed up today just to let us know that he doesn't care much for FC. I merely talked about the friendly and also how their wasn't much comp at the VTD tournament in NRH. Check VTD, whats a bunch of runs to you? Don't get mad that Elite is not mentioned in the top 5. Elite scores 1 run against both Glory's. Bad day, thats an understatement. Your probably the one saying AF is the new Glory.

Im a Pride parent. Cause I think they should be ranked higher than FC & Fusion Rhine.

Well I guess this brings up a good question. Who are you?

You are taking hits at the Bombers and even more at Elite. You obviously have not attended too many of the friendly's or you would be aware that Elite is doing much better than the Bombers.

Maybe a Pride parent? At this point I am not sure what to think, other than you dont like the Bombers or Elite.

It doesnt appear that either of the teams are getting on here boasting about being a top five team. I am pretty sure they had to be invited to the friendly's, as just asking to play them doesnt seem to go to far for most teams.

Good luck to whatever team your daughter may play for!
jjgold

by yes dear » Tue May 01, 2012 3:24 pm

jjgold wrote:
ceelo9 wrote:

In order:
1. Glory Kyser
2. Glory Allen
3. FC
4. Fusion Rhine
5. AF Kennedy

Well I guess this brings up a good question. Who are you?

You are taking hits at the Bombers and even more at Elite. You obviously have not attended too many of the friendly's or you would be aware that Elite is doing much better than the Bombers.

Maybe a Pride parent? At this point I am not sure what to think, other than you dont like the Bombers or Elite.

It doesnt appear that either of the teams are getting on here boasting about being a top five team. I am pretty sure they had to be invited to the friendly's, as just asking to play them doesnt seem to go to far for most teams.

Good luck to whatever team your daughter may play for!

There ya go jj. And I agree ceelo. There wasn't a lot of competition in your pool at NRH.
yes dear

by pitcherzpop » Tue May 22, 2012 1:14 pm

taking2 wrote:Ok...here we go again. your analysis should be titled best 98 14u teams. The 9th graders that are 14u eligible haven't started playing yet. Come qualifying time, they will dominate the 98's. I do not know who they are, but I certain they are out there.

ok so "qualifying time" starts in about 3 days. have you found out who the 9th graders who have not been playing are and what team they are playing with? are they on any of these teams:

Elite
Pride
Rip
Cyclones
Thunderstix
American Freedom Kennedy
American Freedom Bond

just curious because for being listed in a "top teams" thread its interesting that none of those teams are trying to qualify for hof.
pitcherzpop

by jjgold » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:21 am

Looks like this subject has slowed down pretty good as the Firecrackers have slowed down.

There were some interesting results at the VTD Qualifier this weekend!

1st - Fully Loaded (great team out of Oklahoma)
2nd - Texas Elite
3rd - Texas Glory (Kaiser)
4th - East Texas Bombers
5th - Firecrackers

Bombers really seem to be coming along, they have came a long way in the last couple of months. Since the Firecrackers lost the big pitcher, they have went downhill. Pride looked pretty rough this weekend not sure what happened with them. I would have expected Rhine to do much better. Seems to be a few players switching teams lately, maybe that has something to do with it. We will all keep watching, things are getting interesting!
jjgold

by Getwithit » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 pm

2012 14u Freedom Softball Tournament June 30- July 4
2012 Freedom Softball Tournament Colorado
June 30- July 4
AL Hosted by City & County of Broomfield Department of Recreation Services
14U Pool

After looking at all the websites of the teams that the North Texas teams and the other Texas teams will be playing. I will say Texas Glory Kyser is in a super pool,and there practice game is too. All the teams they will play to get them ready for bracket play are all 97 and all going to be soph in high school, from looking at there profiles. The only one that I didnt get to check out was Blaze OK team. The OC Batbuster CA will be the best team in the tournament and the others have some hardware in there Trophy case, with tournament win after win. A couple of them have won 18u tournaments this year and last year. But thats awesome for Glory to get play that kind of competition, with all there young kids. It will get them prepared for California and next year. The other North Texas teams are playing some tough competition too. Hopefully all the North Texas teams will do well.

Pool 1
1 Broomfield Boltz CO
2 Oregon Panthers OR
3 Texas Ball Brats TX
4 Hudson Valley Express NY
5 Texas Cobras '98 TX

Pool 2
1'97 MOSt Louis Chaos
2Aces Express TX
3 Northwest Blaze OR
4 Newtown Rock PA
5 Washington Lady Sharks WA

Pool 3
1 Orange County Bat Busters CA
2 Indiana Magic Gold IN
3 Texas Glory TX Practice game Newtown Rock PA
4 Shamrocks VA
5 Blaze Fastpitch OK

Pool 4
1 Washington Angels '98 WA
2 Texas Glory Adkins-Allen TX, practice games Colorado Crush CO and Tulsa Elite 97
3 Oklahoma Force '98 OK
4 Organ Titans

Pool 5
1 Colorado Comets
2 Edmonds Starz WA
3 Texas Glory Adkins-Tolan TX, Practice games D-Bat Tulsa shootout OK, Northwest bullets OR.
4 GameTime '97 OK

Pool 6
1 Clark County Velocity WA
2 Hit Away'98 TX
3 Kansas Renegades KS
4 So Cal Choppers CA
5 Colorado Stampede CO

Pool 7
1 Missouri Firestix MO
2 Chill Gold OH
3 Texas Storm Elite TX
4 Tulsa Elite '97 OK