Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Best 14U Teams in NTX

by 97triplethreat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

Probably the best in the state Every kid on that roster is a DI player already.

haahaha I needed a good laugh today thanks!!
97triplethreat

by SBPlayrPop » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Excellent point justawatcher!
SBPlayrPop

by ceelo9 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:32 pm

UPDATE:
After several tournies & friendlies I think its time for an update. After watching several games between the so-called top teams in N. Tx., without a doubt Glory Kyser is tops. Watching the game between Glory & FC it was most evident. The FC had their A team out and still could not match defensively and were over matched offensively. With a veteran squad they could not capitalize on walks with timely hits. Numerous strike outs, for a team know for big bats. It seems they rely to much on trying to swing for the fences rather than hit for contact. Fielding in this game was also a problem. I know that this team has alot of talent but that has not translated to big wins over the top teams locally. Glory has again shown that they can adapt to whomever their playing. They can slap & bunt at will, which FC has seems to ignore or put a ball in play when needed. Glory 4 FC 1.

Glory Allen has the makings of a team that can definitely give Glory Kyser or any other top team problems. Ask FC. They have big hitters that find a way to come through, and a quick infield to back up their pitching. Their top of the lineup are definite table setters and create havoc on the bases. Glory Allen lost against FC in Desoto this past weekend but got the better of them in the Keist Preview when it counted. I think this teams new additions will add to a veteran core of players and make them a more complete team. My top 5.

In order:
1. Glory Kyser
2. Glory Allen
3. FC
4. Fusion Rhine
5. AF Kennedy

Could also put TX Elite, TX Pride in the 5th spot.
ceelo9

by MaddHatter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Wow, aren't you forgetting RIP 98? :o
MaddHatter

by ceelo9 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:41 pm

You could put them in the discussion. They did beat Elite, barely. But have not been very successful in the friendlies that's for sure. Rip 98 has definitely fallen off since last years money tourney. I know like some they have lost players, just doesn't seem like the have gotten better.
ceelo9

by taking2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Ok...here we go again. your analysis should be titled best 98 14u teams. The 9th graders that are 14u eligible haven't started playing yet. Come qualifying time, they will dominate the 98's. I do not know who they are, but I certain they are out there.

I disagree slightly...My order of finish is

1. Glory Allen (good top to bottom...good 97 pitcher)
2. AF Kennedy (when they have their 97's playing)
3. FC (when their 97 pickup is pitching, they are out of top 5 when she is not pitching)
4. Fusion Rhine (has beaten everyone except Glory Allen a couple times this Spring)
5. Glory Kyser (solid but always has turnover)

The Elites and Prides are good, just not as good as the Top 5.
taking2

by Getwithit » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:38 pm

taking2 wrote:Ok...here we go again. your analysis should be titled best 98 14u teams. The 9th graders that are 14u eligible haven't started playing yet. Come qualifying time, they will dominate the 98's. I do not know who they are, but I certain they are out there.

3. FC (when their 97 pickup is pitching, they are out of top 5 when she is not pitching)
4. Fusion Rhine (has beaten everyone except Glory Allen a couple times this Spring)

Glory Allen has only beaten FC 1 out of the last 6 times they have played, and that's with there 98 pitcher on the mound
they have tough time hitting her. The last time they lost to them was a couple of weeks ago in the preview. FC was leading 3-0 going into the last inning and lost it 4-3. Fusion Rhine has not beaten FC in there last 5 meetings. Glory kyser has beaten FC the last two meeting on doing nothing but bunting. FC may have lost there 98 pitcher, from what heard from a source.
Glory kyser has lost there last two meeting with glory Allen 2-1 3-1. But they played suden impact very good in the preview losing to them in the last inning 4-3. They where up 3-1 going into that inning. Glory kyser has not lost to anybody else in any of the friendlies.

So this is my order of finish.
1 Glory kyser
2 Glory Allen
3 AF Kennedy
4 FC
5 Fusion Rhine
Getwithit

by pitcherzpop » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am

ceelo9 wrote:You could put them in the discussion. They did beat Elite, barely. But have not been very successful in the friendlies that's for sure. Rip 98 has definitely fallen off since last years money tourney. I know like some they have lost players, just doesn't seem like the have gotten better.

I'm pretty sure MaddHatter was being facetious. They are just not a very good softball team.

taking2 wrote:Ok...here we go again. your analysis should be titled best 98 14u teams. The 9th graders that are 14u eligible haven't started playing yet. Come qualifying time, they will dominate the 98's. I do not know who they are, but I certain they are out there.

You hear that Adkins, Fusion, Glory, etc? Less than 6 weeks until you get dominated by teams no one is aware of! Watch out. (Sorry I didn't meniton FC but they are already getting dominated so whats the differense?) :lol:
pitcherzpop

by Reality Check » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Quote:

"Probably the best in the state Every kid on that roster is a DI player already."

Are you kidding me? I've read a lot of nonsense on this site, but this might be the most ignorant comment to date. Every kid on the roster is a D1 player already? LOL! What an idiot.

Refer to an earlier post from Coach Rosales when he said that he will take ANY girl who comes to him. If you've ever seen them play, they clearly have their designated bench players who get very little playing time. If the players, and the families of players, are okay with that, then good on them. They may still be learning and improving, but I'd have to say that it's more of a decision to say that they play on one of the stronger teams in the area. Bragging rights, perhaps, that so many softball parents live off of. And even considering the talent of his starting nine and the difficulty of excelling to such a high level, I would give only a few the possibility of making it to a D1 program. There are thousands and thousands of girls outside of our little DFW area who might be competing for scholarships, as well. Showing your Homer attitude just proves what a clown that you must be by predicting his entire roster is capable of playing at a D1 level.

I don't know Rosales personally, but I give him a lot of credit for not turning away a girl who shows a desire to play. I also give him credit for merely promising to make each of his girls a better ballplayer and a better person. He also attempts to defuse the many imbeciles on this site that feel the need to label, and forecast the future of every girl who simply loves the game of softball. Girls softball would be so wonderful if it didn't include so many posers living their life through their daughter's small accomplishments. Some of the teams mentioned as one of the best will be collecting trophies, and that is all. Colleges don't recruit teams, they recruit individuals. Know what that means? Save some money for your child's education and build yet another trophy case.
Reality Check

by justawatcher » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 am

pitcherzpop wrote:

You hear that Adkins, Fusion, Glory, etc? Less than 6 weeks until you get dominated by teams no one is aware of! Watch out. (Sorry I didn't meniton FC but they are already getting dominated so whats the differense?) :lol:

I have heard that Fusion Spuria is a 97 team of freshman that will actually be playing 14U championship play despite calling themselves a 16U team. So there is at least one team that falls under the category taking2 keeps bringing up.
justawatcher

PreviousNext

Return to TX