Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

What's new in 16U

by Lace » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 pm

daddiballa wrote:In n. texas I would say firecrackers rosales, american freedom bond, texas bombers. i saw glory adkins 16 gold play. they are pretty decent but I heard they lost like half their team because they cant get anyone committed. who else is good in n. texas?

i know firecrackers are probably on top of everyones list. they have kids about to go to florida, missouri, etc. so thats a given. im sure there are teams i dont know about though that are contenders for a title too so im not trying to offend anyone by not listing them.

Clueless
Lace

by daddiballa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Lace wrote:
daddiballa wrote:In n. texas I would say firecrackers rosales, american freedom bond, texas bombers. i saw glory adkins 16 gold play. they are pretty decent but I heard they lost like half their team because they cant get anyone committed. who else is good in n. texas?

i know firecrackers are probably on top of everyones list. they have kids about to go to florida, missouri, etc. so thats a given. im sure there are teams i dont know about though that are contenders for a title too so im not trying to offend anyone by not listing them.

Clueless

Ok maybe texas bombers was a stretch. no need to be rude
daddiballa

by FTG » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm

daddiballa wrote:
Lace wrote:

Clueless

Ok maybe texas bombers was a stretch. no need to be rude

AF Bond is the biggest stretch you listed. I am suprised AF let them be in their organization.
FTG

by Adkins16UGold » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:08 pm

FTG wrote:AF Bond is the biggest stretch you listed. I am suprised AF let them be in their organization.

I was going to say the biggest stretch he listed was Glory Adkins Gold. One pitcher, and a total of 8 players? Tough to call them one of the best! At least he's accurate on the recruiting part.
Adkins16UGold

by Spud » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Really??? And Cedar Hill will be playing in Austin in June I presume. FC may make some noise. Bond isn't even a top 14u team and I don't think there is a 16u Bombers in N. Tex. . Looks like it all starts in Longview in May so we will see.
Spud

by daddiballa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Spud wrote: and I don't think there is a 16u Bombers in N. Tex. . Looks like it all starts in Longview in May so we will see.

yup and the bombers are already signed up
daddiballa

by iceberg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

I would say Firecracker Rosales but I haven't seen them play an elite travel schedule where the "werewolves" lurk. They have 2.5 (and I'm pushing the .5) D1 caliber players and lack the pitching support to play against top teams. If their number 1 pitcher, who is trully a D1 talent goes down or gets dealt with early, they are done. Their big catcher or 1B can be managed by quality teams with good coaching to the point that the team will not generate the run support to match up with deeper teams. This will place even more pressure on their best pitcher to not make mistakes...that's tough.

I will watch them in June in OK and look for them in the national tournaments and hope they are ready for a better showing at the PGF this year. As I said, Firecrakers Rosales are unproven against in the state of Texas and one can't compare them against teams across state lines because of their schedule... They need to head to Chicago, Nashville, ATL, Colorado (elite bracket) and show and prove it before consideration should be given to compare against the Glory(s), Impact Golds, Peppers, Voodoo(s), Mizuno Impulse, Tulsa Elite(s), Beverly Bandits, and Shamrocks.
...I'm just saying.
iceberg

by daddiballa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am

iceberg wrote:
I would say Firecracker Rosales but I haven't seen them play an elite travel schedule where the "werewolves" lurk. They have 2.5 (and I'm pushing the .5) D1 caliber players and lack the pitching support to play against top teams. If their number 1 pitcher, who is trully a D1 talent goes down or gets dealt with early, they are done. Their big catcher or 1B can be managed by quality teams with good coaching to the point that the team will not generate the run support to match up with deeper teams. This will place even more pressure on their best pitcher to not make mistakes...that's tough.

I will watch them in June in OK and look for them in the national tournaments and hope they are ready for a better showing at the PGF this year. As I said, Firecrakers Rosales are unproven against in the state of Texas and one can't compare them against teams across state lines because of their schedule... They need to head to Chicago, Nashville, ATL, Colorado (elite bracket) and show and prove it before consideration should be given to compare against the Glory(s), Impact Golds, Peppers, Voodoo(s), Mizuno Impulse, Tulsa Elite(s), Beverly Bandits, and Shamrocks.
...I'm just saying.

oh yes trust me they are probably tops. youre right their #1 is a d1 talent. she shut down the best team in the country COMPLETELY. they had NO ANSWER for her. they will breeze through any tournament around here when she is in the circle. i honestly dont think there is a player in all of texas that can touch this kid. maybe california. maybe.

im not sure how they have a .5 d1 players but i promise you they have more than that. they have really improved their roster and they already have several kids with MAJOR MAJOR interest from big time D1s. and i mean BIG TIME.

they are not unproven. they had a top ten finish at nationals and their pitcher just completely shut down the best team in the country. that is not unproven. they just had an off week at premier and they were first year anyway. plus they did not have their ace then. impact gold and beverly bandids and whatnot may be decent but lets be serious. tony rico just doesnt give the firecracker name to anyone. you have to earn the right to play with honor. they will shut down anyone. ive watched them play enough at tournaments my dd was also in to know.
daddiballa

by Vess Express » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 pm

daddiballa wrote:
iceberg wrote:im not sure how they have a .5 d1 players but i promise you they have more than that. they have really improved their roster and they already have several kids with MAJOR MAJOR interest from big time D1s. and i mean BIG TIME.

Wow! Where can I send a check to sign my dd up? She wants MAJOR MAJOR interest from big time D1s. BIG TIME.
Vess Express

by daddiballa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Vess Express wrote:
daddiballa wrote:
iceberg wrote:im not sure how they have a .5 d1 players but i promise you they have more than that. they have really improved their roster and they already have several kids with MAJOR MAJOR interest from big time D1s. and i mean BIG TIME.

Wow! Where can I send a check to sign my dd up? She wants MAJOR MAJOR interest from big time D1s. BIG TIME.

i'm sure you can contact them and they will help you or just call tony rico directly. if youre daughter is not good enough to make the fc there are several orgs in the area that can help her get the interest she wants!
daddiballa

PreviousNext

Return to TX