Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

14U ASA Preview Invitational ???????

by justawatcher » Thu May 17, 2012 8:04 am

BBking wrote:Will any of the 14u teams listed above be at the PGF Texas Qualifier on June 1st?
Looks like only 2 teams are officially entered into this qualifier.
:?: :?: :?:
Are most of the 14u Texas teams playing ASA?

AF Kennedy is no longer a team, so we can assume they are out.

Firecrackers are going to both the Houston and Dallas PGF qualifiers so we can assume they are going Premier.

Texas Glory is already in for Premier

None of those teams are signed up for the Regional ASA qualifier in San Antonio or the Houston Metro.

Adkins (Allen and Tolan), ETX Bombers, & Fusion Rhine are registered for the DFW Metro so I suppose we can assume they are going ASA.

Per their websites, Austin Storm, and Wichita Mustangs are going ASA

Mizuno U, Thunderstix, 98 Elite Eller, AF Bond, Fusion Herbert are all signed up for VTD qualifiers. Maybe they just plan to do that? Then again, ETX Bombers are signed up for VTD qualifiers as well, so who knows. Maybe that is a backup plan for them if ASA doesn't work out.

Texas Force/Texas Rip are playing elsewhere during at least one of the PGF qualifiers. I don't see either of them them trying to qualify anyhow.

That leaves:
Sudden Impact
Texas Hawks
Houston Power
Texas Stix 98
Ennis Cyclones 98
Austins Finest
Katy Cruisers Gold
14U American Freedom (Meyers)
justawatcher

by BBking » Thu May 17, 2012 9:54 am

justawatcher wrote:
BBking wrote:Will any of the 14u teams listed above be at the PGF Texas Qualifier on June 1st?
Looks like only 2 teams are officially entered into this qualifier.
:?: :?: :?:
Are most of the 14u Texas teams playing ASA?

AF Kennedy is no longer a team, so we can assume they are out.

Firecrackers are going to both the Houston and Dallas PGF qualifiers so we can assume they are going Premier.

Texas Glory is already in for Premier

None of those teams are signed up for the Regional ASA qualifier in San Antonio or the Houston Metro.

Adkins (Allen and Tolan), ETX Bombers, & Fusion Rhine are registered for the DFW Metro so I suppose we can assume they are going ASA.

Per their websites, Austin Storm, and Wichita Mustangs are going ASA

Mizuno U, Thunderstix, 98 Elite Eller, AF Bond, Fusion Herbert are all signed up for VTD qualifiers. Maybe they just plan to do that? Then again, ETX Bombers are signed up for VTD qualifiers as well, so who knows. Maybe that is a backup plan for them if ASA doesn't work out.

Texas Force/Texas Rip are playing elsewhere during at least one of the PGF qualifiers. I don't see either of them them trying to qualify anyhow.

That leaves:
Sudden Impact
Texas Hawks
Houston Power
Texas Stix 98
Ennis Cyclones 98
Austins Finest
Katy Cruisers Gold
14U American Freedom (Meyers)

Nice work :!: :D
BBking

by 22'sDad » Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am

Most of the Houston teams will be going ASA route. There is an ASA qualifier going on in San Antonio that weekend that some of the teams on this list are going to. Also there will be a lot of berths given at the HOF tournament which most the Houston teams will be at as well. I personally would like to see teams migrate away from ASA if the alternative is better. I just think it’s a really hard sell when historically everyone is used to going ASA. I tell you this much Sioux falls South Dakota doesn’t excite me all that much this year.
22'sDad

by CULater » Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 pm

I would think that a trip to Huntington Beach would be an easy ticket if everyone is going to ASA. Make sure you get enough teams to match the number of berths and you are qualified.
CULater

by yes dear » Fri May 18, 2012 9:14 am

According to PGF website, AF Kennedy is "officially registered and entered into this tournament and we are in receipt of an entry form and payment" for the North Texas qualifier. There must be some sort of team.
yes dear

by jmo » Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 am

CULater wrote:I would think that a trip to Huntington Beach would be an easy ticket if everyone is going to ASA. Make sure you get enough teams to match the number of berths and you are qualified.

This is not true. You must have the number of berths plus one and all games must be played. Otherwise, all berths go back to the board for their discretion.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun May 20, 2012 9:20 pm

jmo wrote:
CULater wrote:I would think that a trip to Huntington Beach would be an easy ticket if everyone is going to ASA. Make sure you get enough teams to match the number of berths and you are qualified.

This is not true. You must have the number of berths plus one and all games must be played. Otherwise, all berths go back to the board for their discretion.

Do all games have to be played or just up to the qualified teams?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by justawatcher » Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 am

yes dear wrote:According to PGF website, AF Kennedy is "officially registered and entered into this tournament and we are in receipt of an entry form and payment" for the North Texas qualifier. There must be some sort of team.

Sometimes parents pay team fees that pay for tournaments that their DDs do not play in. I do not know if that is the case here, but it is not unheard of. AF Kennedy is not a team any more.
justawatcher

by CULater » Mon May 21, 2012 8:28 am

jmo wrote:

My apologies, get 4 other teams, play the 9 games and all but one of you will get qualified.
CULater

by BBking » Wed May 23, 2012 3:06 pm

CULater wrote:
jmo wrote:

My apologies, get 4 other teams, play the 9 games and all but one of you will get qualified.

Registration for the PGF Texas qualifier closed yesterday - they still only have two teams officially registered - possible that PGF just hasn't updated their website, but as it looks right now, there are not enough teams to play in this qualifier.
BBking

PreviousNext

Return to TX