Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

New Braunfels - Coach gets tossed, team has to forfeit????

by Big D » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 am

Waco might not be a bad idea to mix it up with some of the Central zone teams and NTX teams. How are the umps in Waco? Facilities? Got a T.D. that'll do a Round Robin?
Big D

by DonnieS » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:03 am

>> I recommend TD's to stay away from this crew. <<

Only place in 6 states that I have been ejected is right there. Been warned in all 6 states - but I even have a favorite rock that I sat on to watch my kids finish.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Travel Ball » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 am

This is just hilarious . . . the Bombers' '92 head coach, who is the biggest tournament director in town, gets tossed by crooked, stupid, local umpires, and its a travesty; but year after year when a Houston/Dallas/Ft. Worth/Austin/Waco/East Texas/Oklahoma/etc. team gets robbed at the Bomber Shootout while playing a local-area team the out-of-town coaches/parents are just a bunch of crying, whining babies. ROTFLMAO.
Travel Ball

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 am

What's that saying........don't bit the hand that feeds ya??? Looks like the dog bit back!!! To the parking lot!!!!
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by ChangeUP » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:24 am

Boy.......Travel Ball right when I thought that wound was just about healed, you rip the scab right off !!!
You do have a very good point though !!!!
ChangeUP

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 am

Heard Wildfire and 8's coach almost got in to it........Rivalry a brewing?????
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by 12UDad » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Travel Ball wrote:This is just hilarious . . . the Bombers' '92 head coach, who is the biggest tournament director in town, gets tossed by crooked, stupid, local umpires, and its a travesty; but year after year when a Houston/Dallas/Ft. Worth/Austin/Waco/East Texas/Oklahoma/etc. team gets robbed at the Bomber Shootout while playing a local-area team the out-of-town coaches/parents are just a bunch of crying, whining babies. ROTFLMAO.

Well I can tell you this. I have seen plenty of "Home Cookin" in Houston/Dallas/Beaumont/Austin/East TX/Waco/Oaklahoma so Central TX doesn't have a lock on the crying and whining babies. Bottom line is when an umpire makes a call(no matter how good or bad) half of the fans will be happy and half will be pissed.
12UDad

by Travel Ball » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 pm

12UDad wrote:
Travel Ball wrote:This is just hilarious . . . the Bombers' '92 head coach, who is the biggest tournament director in town, gets tossed by crooked, stupid, local umpires, and its a travesty; but year after year when a Houston/Dallas/Ft. Worth/Austin/Waco/East Texas/Oklahoma/etc. team gets robbed at the Bomber Shootout while playing a local-area team the out-of-town coaches/parents are just a bunch of crying, whining babies. ROTFLMAO.

Well I can tell you this. I have seen plenty of "Home Cookin" in Houston/Dallas/Beaumont/Austin/East TX/Waco/Oaklahoma so Central TX doesn't have a lock on the crying and whining babies. Bottom line is when an umpire makes a call(no matter how good or bad) half of the fans will be happy and half will be pissed.

Oh no doubt, but Scott with the Texas Bombers is notorious for comments like these about tournaments that THEY run:

"There are always people that question the brackets in EVERY tournament, they are typically people that do not do very well in the tournament and are looking to point the finger to someone else as to why! I can promise you this NEVER have you or will you see a Texas Bomber team get on any website and blame our losses on a bracket draw, because we understand that at the end of the day you have to beat everybody to win the tournament and your wins and losses are the teams responsibility not anyone elses!"

Just thought this whole episode was a bit . . . ironic! Still ROTFLMAO.
Travel Ball

by txfpmom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Travel Ball wrote:I can promise you this NEVER have you or will you see a Texas Bomber team get on any website and blame our losses on a bracket draw, because we understand that at the end of the day you have to beat everybody to win the tournament and your wins and losses are the teams responsibility not anyone elses!"

Just thought this whole episode was a bit . . . ironic! Still ROTFLMAO.

I don't think the 8's/92 Bombers coach understands that concept (wins and losses are the team's responsibility). It was evident from the beginning of the game that he was mad about losing to the '95 Blaze and he was taking it out on the blues. He was ranting and raving during the whole Wildfire game about little nit-picky things that happen in every game. There was no one thing that set him off, he was just mad from the beginning. His team had a chance to pull ahead if he had kept his anger under control and allowed them to have their last bat. It actually looked like he wanted to get thrown out, and he wasn't going to stop his continuous temper tantrum until he did get thrown out. The man has some serious anger issues that I have witnessed on several occasions, although this one was the worst I've seen. I am amazed that he is able to keep a team together of players and parents who are actually willing to play for him and put up with his tantrums.

After one of his many insults yelled at the umpire, the umpire turned around and smiled at all the fans and said, "They don't pay me enough for this".
txfpmom

by 375_comp __47_core » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:26 pm

In 30 games this season I can recall two questionable calls that could have affected the outcome of close games we were in...close being 1 run games. You appeal the call in a respectful way...wait for a ruling and go back to the dugout and accept that ruling. You can be pissed about it...but it's only gonna go downhill if you disrespect the Umps.

If you question the umps strike zone after nearly every pitch, question every close call, and badger the umpires for 60 minutes like this guy...then you will probably get tossed by any crew in any town.

If the Ump is giving outside strikes or low strikes tell your pitcher to hit those same spots.

There is a right way to treat umpires and a wrong way. If you think different...then get a rule book, mask, steal toe shoes, shin gaurds, chest protecter, and put on those hot polyester pants and shirts and stand out there for 6 games in a day...and get a cup for protection... if you got the balls. They are always looking for extra Umps.
375_comp __47_core

PreviousNext

Return to TX