Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by PDad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:I expected your 'boys to beat Detroit, however I didn't expect them to need help from the zebras.

I assume you are referring to when the flag was picked up on the pass interference play. A penalty that should have never been flagged in the first place.

Hey, Obama said it was a good call. LOL That call was questionable, but the defensive holding earlier in the route wasn't.

I saw your 'boys submitted 10 cases of their own and the NFL fessed up on 7 of them. These things happen every game.

Good news for the 'boys - the weather forecast is improving for Sunday. They're now projecting 20 degrees instead of 12-14.
Last edited by PDad on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:12 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:I expected your 'boys to beat Detroit, however I didn't expect them to need help from the zebras.

I assume you are referring to when the flag was picked up on the pass interference play. A penalty that should have never been flagged in the first place.

Hey, Obama said it was a good call. LOL That call was questionable, but the defensive holding earlier in the route wasn't. Regardless, there's no excuse for not flagging Dez Bryant for coming onto the field with his helmet off to argue the call.

I saw your 'boys submitted 10 cases of their own and the NFL fessed up on 7 of them. These things happen every game.

Good news for the 'boys - the weather forecast is improving for Sunday. They're now projecting 20 degrees instead of 12-14.

I read that players from the bench that come on to the field after a play are not subject to the helmet rule and are given a warning to return to the bench.

I don't agree with them picking up the flag, but here's how I thought that play and the events would have unfolded if everything was called correctly:

- A flag is thrown on Hitchens for defensive holding
- A flag is thrown on Pettigrew for grabbing Hitchens facemask
- A flag is thrown on Hitchens for pass interference
- The penalties offset and because of this Bryant doesn't lose his mind and run onto the field

Just about any way you slice it the refs blew it.

Good luck to Battle and his Cowboys. I can think of worse people to root for in this world than Romo.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:43 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:I read that players from the bench that come on to the field after a play are not subject to the helmet rule and are given a warning to return to the bench.

Yeah, the NFL VP of Officiating, Dean Blandino, explained it's not the automatic penalty for removing the helmet, but Dez could still have been flagged for his actions and the NFL would have supported it.

I picked up the flag I threw - just to be consistent with everything else that occurred on this play. :roll:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:

Hey, Obama said it was a good call. LOL That call was questionable, but the defensive holding earlier in the route wasn't. Regardless, there's no excuse for not flagging Dez Bryant for coming onto the field with his helmet off to argue the call.

I read that players from the bench that come on to the field after a play are not subject to the helmet rule and are given a warning to return to the bench.

I don't agree with them picking up the flag, but here's how I thought that play and the events would have unfolded if everything was called correctly:

- A flag is thrown on Hitchens for defensive holding
- A flag is thrown on Pettigrew for grabbing Hitchens facemask
- A flag is thrown on Hitchens for pass interference
- The penalties offset and because of this Bryant doesn't lose his mind and run onto the field

Just about any way you slice it the refs blew it.

Good luck to Battle and his Cowboys. I can think of worse people to root for in this world than Romo.

That flag should never have been thrown either way and nobody would be talking about it. I just wish PDad would own up to the 'boys being America's team... :D
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Hurricane » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:39 pm

The Packers will always be America's Team...because it's "owned" by the people.

The only reason Dallas thinks it's America's Team is because some bonehead writer put that line in front of John Facenda to read for an NFL Films video. Nothing more.
Hurricane

by Phantomz08 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 am

I am changing my mind from earlier post... COWBOYS GOING DOWN TODAY!! I do hope they didn't bring their officiating crew with them. Go packers and Brahmarettes!!
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Phantomz08 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh boy, can't wait to hear all the crybaby's crying about that "bad" call as if there wasn't a couple in their favor last week!!!! :D :D :D
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:48 pm

No cryin' here. The defense needed to step up and they didn't. Too many opportunities blown on 3rd and short. Coaching lost this game as much (or more so) as the players. Oh well...see ya next year. :(

To be continued....
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Battle wrote:I just wish PDad would own up to the 'boys being America's team... :D

Keep wishing, bucko. It's going to take more than stories of their glory days. :lol:

Battle wrote:Oh well...see ya next year. :(

To be continued....

Cowboys showed a lot of improvement and had a really good year. Their fans should be proud and very hopeful about next year.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 pm

What do Cowboys fans think about DeMarco Murray signing with the Eagles - a team in their division?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX