Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NY

America's Team Greece and Italy Trip-L.I/NYC players wanted

by coachtucc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:14 am

1. Hello,
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this letter.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Anthony Vertuccio, and I have been selected to coach with America’s Team traveling to Greece and Italy. Our team is scheduled to compete in a series of Softball games designed to promote and enhance the sport, and promote goodwill between American and Foreign student-athletes.

America’s Team provides student-athletes with high integrity and strong character opportunities to compete in international programs as an ambassador for their school, community, and our great country. America’s Team is dedicated to competition and experiences that will strengthen not only their athletic ambitions but open their eyes to a new people and culture thus, making a positive impact on young lives by showing them the world through athletic competition. The trip also included guided tours of Greece and Italy!!!

I am looking for 5 to 6 more players in Grades 9th to 12th to accompany me on this trip (parents are definitely welcome to attend). We will be doing fundraisers to help offset the costs of the trip which runs around 5,000 dollars (below is our itinerary so you know that you are getting great value for your money).

On Saturday March 7th we will be having a Bowling Fundraiser at Bowl Long Island from 2pm to 5pm and on Saturday May 2nd we will be having a Bar Fundraiser at Lily Flanagan’s in Islip from 7pm to 10pm.

Please contact me if you have any questions. You can also visit America’s Team website for further information at: http://www.amteamsport.com/ or call Brigham Joy (who runs the program) at 785-806-4100

Sincerely,

Coach Anthony Vertuccio
646-436-0783
coachofsoftball@aol.com
Greece and Italy Itinerary*
This is a preliminary itinerary for your group.
Day 1
Monday, July 20, 2015, Overnight Flight
Depart from the USA.
Day 2
Tuesday, July 21, 2015, Athens
Welcome to the wonder of Greece and its capital, Athens. Meet your Tour Manager and transfer to your hotel in the Athens area. (D)
Day 3
Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Athens
Sightseeing with a local guide features the spectacular Acropolis and the Parthenon, which dominates the city and stands as a powerful and impressive memorial to the remarkable civilization that built it. You will also enjoy a visit to the exciting new Acropolis Museum. Later this afternoon, take on a local club team in your first taste of international competition. (B,D)
Day 4
Thursday, July 23, 2015, Athens
This morning, put on a clinic for local developing players. This afternoon, drive down the coast to Cape Sounion for a chance to swim and relax on the beach, beneath the columns of the Temple of Poseidon. This evening play your second game of the tour. (B,D)
Day 5
Friday, July 24, 2015, Overnight Ferry
Drive to mythical Delphi, home of the great oracle of Apollo. Explore the Archaeological Museum of Delphi and visit the Temple of Apollo. Continue to Patras to board the overnight ferry. (B,D)
Day 6
Saturday, July 25, 2015, Sorrento
Enjoy the calm waters of the Mediterranean as you cruise toward the heel of Italy and the port of Bari. Travel through the olive groves across Southern Italy to Sorrento. (B,D)
Day 7
Sunday, July 26, 2015, Rome
Visit the excavated city of Pompeii with a local guide. Nearby Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD and buried the city in ash. What we have today is a perfect picture of life as it was nearly 2,000 years ago. Continue to the Eternal City, Rome and play your first game in Italy this evening. (B,D)
Day 8
Monday, July 27, 2015, Rome
Today's sightseeing tour introduces you to every phase of Rome's history with a panoramic drive of the city. In addition, your local guide accompanies you through the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel, and continues to St. Peter's Basilica, giving commentary via personal headsets. Later, an inside visit to the Colosseum is included with your tour manager. Tonight play your last game of the tour and enjoy a postgame party with your hosts. (B,D)
Day 9
Tuesday, July 28, 2015, Departure
Departure for the US.

Meal Guide
(B) = Breakfast Included
(D) = Dinner Included
coachtucc

by Inthestands » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:41 am

This sounds like a fun trip. Is there a reason you are limiting it to NYC and LI players??
Inthestands

Return to NY