Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by Nun40 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:23 am

what do you mean? I use a lot of gimmicks and tricks to teach pitching and hitting and I am certified.
I was certified by Dave Pierce in 1992 back when Indiana softball was in it's infancy.
Dave Pierce at the time was the #1 coach in the world. He as a record of two gold and one silver medals in three major International tournaments. He was the author of the manual that I had to study to get certified. He led the Canada's Men's
National Softball Team to more medals than any other Canadian coach in history.
Nun40

by Nun40 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 pm

You are right I am my mentor.

I am the one who started fastpitch in Indiana back in 1985 with my daughter Becky. What I went through to make that happen you will never know but I can say this. Since 1989 when they ask me to start coaching I can now say that this is my 27th year.

When they were publishing Fastpitch magazine back in the 90 on of the coaches named Don Sarno had some really good material that I liked. It was a pitchers checklist that I still use today. Eddie Feigner has him listed as one of the top 100 greatest pitchers of all time.

Back in the 60's I played for several years at Englehardt Stadium. All I had was a fastball and never could get my speed over 75. I thought it was so neat to be able to throw underhand so I tried it for several years but when the King and His Court came in 1966 to Englehardt to do one of his shows and when I saw him throw that rise ball of his and strike out batters from 2nd base I quit softball and took up golf.
The team I played for back then was called "Pork and Beans" a C team. It was fun while it lasted.
Nun40

by slapperdad » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:23 am

Welcome back JJ, you've been missed!
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:33 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Slapperdad, getting some summer training for those high school girls.Do you know Nun40, he must be famous in Hoosier Country?

Sorry to disappoint C77, but Elvis has left the building. I did run the summer program, but if finishes in June. I'm going to be a parent next season, and just watch my kid's senior year.

JJ is a legend. Everyone knows him. :D
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 am

C77fastpitch wrote:A parent!!!! Congratulations my friend!! I'm truly happy for you.

I've been a parent for nearly 24 years, my son will be 24 next month. I'm going to go watch my daughter's senior year. She's had a hell of a career and sadly I've missed most of it. She played 60 games this past season and I only got to see 28 of them. The game plan is to be at every game next year. I'm just going to be a parent, sit down the line with my cooler, and bitch about EVERYTHING the coach does. :lol:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Tyler Durden » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:50 pm

slapperdad wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:A parent!!!! Congratulations my friend!! I'm truly happy for you.

I've been a parent for nearly 24 years, my son will be 24 next month. I'm going to go watch my daughter's senior year. She's had a hell of a career and sadly I've missed most of it. She played 60 games this past season and I only got to see 28 of them. The game plan is to be at every game next year. I'm just going to be a parent, sit down the line with my cooler, and bitch about EVERYTHING the coach does. :lol:

Dude, I thought you had stopped engaging the Yale Law School hammerhead who has an exclamation point fetish? Good times. C77 I'm going to be in Indiana later this week, gimme your address so I can swing by and we can compare coaching notes.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:44 pm

Yea I'm pretty excited too. C77 gonna bring the pain.
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:27 am

I'm down for a beer....or 10.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Tyler Durden » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:58 pm

slapperdad wrote:I'm down for a beer....or 10.

Sorry brother, had no time for beers, much to my disappointment.
Indiana is a fascinating state. The house down the street from my grandmother's was flying a confederate flag, and the bumper sticker on the car next door to granny said 'Trump that Bitch'.
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:12 pm

We keep it real :D
What part of Indiana were you in? Any chance of a return appearance?
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

Next

Return to IN