Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Hitting Instruction & Speed, strength & agility

by slapperdad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:fastpitchdad05, I'm not mad! Furthermore, I hardly need your advice. Keep your saintly advice to yourself and your devoted followers! I'm not a member of your cult.

Did you hear that everybody? I have a cult! Who knew?? :lol:

You're right C77, you seem perfectly calm. :shock:

The Dude abides.
https://youtu.be/P5VT-ofxdh4
Last edited by slapperdad on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by eclipse09 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:11 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:fastpitchdad05, I'm not mad! Furthermore, I hardly need your advice. Keep your saintly advice to yourself and your devoted followers! I'm not a member of your cult.

Did you hear that everybody? I have a cult! Who knew?? :lol:

You're right C77, you seem perfectly calm. :shock:

Hey FPdad05,

I want to belong to your cult. How much is it? Do I need to shave my head? What outfits are we wearing?

All hail FPdad05!!!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:55 am

Join my cult, no secret handshake required. No goofy looking Nike's, no Kool-Aid. The only requirement is a full cooler.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by PDad » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:20 pm

slapperdad wrote:Join my cult, no secret handshake required. No goofy looking Nike's, no Kool-Aid. The only requirement is a full cooler.

Any restrictions on the color of cups?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:40 pm

PDad wrote:
slapperdad wrote:Join my cult, no secret handshake required. No goofy looking Nike's, no Kool-Aid. The only requirement is a full cooler.

Any restrictions on the color of cups?

I'm not big on rules, go with what you got. Im partial to these though:

http://www.amazon.com/Hide-Beer-Soda-Co ... s+for+beer
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:22 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Spazdad and Eclipse09, you gentlemen already belong to a cult. No hand shake needed, just a low IQ and a minute understanding of softball skills. Do you guys ever discuss softball issues?

C77 I love ya, I've had more way more fun than I should have replying to some of your posts. Don't think of HB as "Fight Club", think of it as the bowling alley, you know gutters and strikes, ups and downs. Have Gary get you a Caucasian and just relax...man.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Cannonball » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:35 pm

First before I weigh in, let me affirm that I am an ex expert. Some of the descriptors that have been used for others here are kind in relationship to how dumb I am.

Having said that, INKrush, the problem I have with your OP is that it is typical of all of these various programs/facilities/experts. For example, you will teach what the best do. Isn't that the claim of every other group I listed. I once took my dd to an expert who made similar claims at a tryout. Instantly, he was critical of her swing and "saw the flaw." He said that if she didn't go to him and join his program, she would never hit. She was 12 first year and was at this event because the people putting it on thought that she was 14 second year and wanted her for this new super de duper program. He said that she was swinging like Pujols but he could make her Pujols. LOL Naturally, he busted out his credentials as if I were some ignorant dad who knew nothing about hitting. She went on an did just fine without this guy and with her dad teaching her everything she knows about hitting. (Ironically, the same stuff I use when I coached various HS All Americans, All State Players and she became a 2 time All American.)

Another problem with the 100 points in improvement is what is your "control?" These hitters are going to get older and stronger without your help. They will be playing games and getting in repetitions regardless of your methods. How do you control the level of competition they play and account for that? For example, there are many that will do better simply because they are 2nd year whatever age group.

Finally, insert previous list of experts, has their claim to that one guru that knows it all. Kind of the Yoda of hitting. I've seen them all in the long time I've coached. I've been around long enough that when I helped introduce baseball to the former Soviet Union, I coached Lau's stuff. Then, Epstein, Yeager, Englishbey, Mankin, ... I used a lot of Englishbeys stuff with my dd though I also used stuff from Donny Buster. Since it is your business, you can make whatever claim you wish. However, the dads out there and some posting in this thread will be hard to convince since they are not ignorant of the process. Good Luck to you.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by slapperdad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:24 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Spazsdad, I don't really care what your screen name is. I just know your a gold star member of the, "Dimwit Coalition". Cannonball, good observations!!

Johnny Cash wrote in the liner notes of Nashville Skyline:

"Knowing that to imitate the living
Is mockery
And to imitate the dead
Is robbery
There are those
Who are beings complete unto themselves"

I'm pretty sure the "gold star" reference is a ripoff of a post I made to you about a year ago. I'll consider it flattery. ;)
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:20 am

The ancient Greeks also believed that some dude with a pitchfork ruled the seas.

They nailed it with their sneaker goddess though.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by artomatic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:28 am

In some countries farting is considered a compliment.

https://youtu.be/cU7bD1O1Quc
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to IN