Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Hitting Instruction & Speed, strength & agility

by PDad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:Mark H, This guy says he can/they can increase anyone one's batting average a hundred points regardless of the kid's experience or natural ability, and you say you might agree with him. Your nod to your own science, name dropping, and big words is crap! This is not true, case closed! If you think any part of it is, welcome to the (Dimwit Coalition). Kids and parents can ill afford such Bull, especially when money is involved!

You have once again opened mouth and inserted keyboard. You couldn't hold a tball bat to Mark with regards to hitting knowledge.
Now about tha sammich

C77 used to say she wanted to discuss softball and this response indicates otherwise. Mark is very capable and I think more than willing to do that. C77 chose to insult him instead of engaging in a meaningful conversation. Her act has gotten really old and tired - send her to the cornfield!
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Curious and with all due respect, are you like this in person? :)
Mark H

by PDad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:41 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:... I will discuss hitting if he wants, bot not his silly diatribe of big words and name dropping...

Here you go - I've reduced Mark's post to hitting topics he'll discuss. Take your pick.

Mark H wrote:...summarize what a good swing consists of? ... the fp swing is the MLB swing. HUGE step forward for the sport. ... It's really not that hard to describe a good swing. The tricky part is knowing how to fix the inefficiencies. ,,.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:45 pm

It would only be punishment if I cared what C77 said about me - and I don't. I've presented a clear opportunity for her to discuss softball like she's said she wants to do. It's up to her to either act on it or show she really doesn't want to discuss softball. The choice is hers.

Jonriv would probably swoon and grovel at her feet. Skarp would be the one to call.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:36 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Pdad- Please start a new post on the softball issues you would like to discuss. My thoughts on this post are very clear! However, I truly don't Know what we could discuss that you would know something about, and your logic is so simplistic it hurts my head.

No, your thoughts on the OP aren't particularly clear at all. You seem to be making the point that the OP's "claims" indicate that they don't know how to teach hitting. There are at least two major issues with you argument:

- A guarantee and a claim are not equivalent terms. If you were a lawyer, as you claim, you would have known that.

- Silly guarantees on performance does not necessarily equate poor hitting instruction. This connection seems to be the crux of your argument. It is possible that a lack of sophistication in marketing/business indicates a lack of sophistication in teaching swing mechanics, but not necessarily. To determine whether that was the case here, you would first need to establish what good hitting instruction consisted of and then compare that to what these instructors were providing. Again, if you really were a lawyer, as you claim, this kind of logic would be second nature to you. You are totally unwilling to articulate what you think a good swing consists of, or how it should be taught.

Since this is a softball discussion board, it would seem that this discussion could be valuable. Rather than using your omniscient and unquestionable expertise to protect a handful of local kids (who probably aren't reading this thread) from these supposed charlatans, you could actually provide some insight into hitting that would help anyone reading your posts.

You've been given a couple openings to do this, but you haven't yet, so let me give you another opportunity - let's start with what a good swing consists of. If you want a head start on how you to establish this, try googling "The Hanson Principle". A warning, though - it is very simple logic and will certainly make your head hurt (guaranteed), but it's a good place to start for the rest of us (Occum's razor, and all of that). Applying some more simple logic (you might want to wait until after the first headache subsides), and you might figure out why Mark H responded to this discussion the way he did.

Of course, when I suggest that you do this, I really mean anyone else but you who might actually have an interest in hitting and how to teach it.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote: However, I truly don't Know what we could discuss that you would know something about, and your logic is so simplistic it hurts my head.

Well PDad, there is your answer.

Yep. On the bright side, she's restricted herself to the IN forum.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by vdubya » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:29 am

C77fastpitch wrote: your uneducated.

Good stuff. Carry on.
vdubya

by Mark H » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:29 am

The entertainment value fades quickly and pugnacious posters eventually poison and kill a message board without active discerning moderators.
Mark H

by Mark H » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:02 am

Has C77 ever failed to get the last word?
Mark H

by slapperdad » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:21 am

C77 you seriously need to get some help. Your rantings on an anonymous message board leave me worried about your mental state of mind.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

PreviousNext

Return to IN