Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Hitting Instruction & Speed, strength & agility

by Cannonball » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:31 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Cannonball; Atkins diet hey, meat, fish, nuts ect. Good luck, however, if you really want to be a (Gold Star Member) of the dimwit coalition, you must talk about and eat sandwiches. I absolutely have no idea why, but then again I'm not a member.

Missed the response. No thanks to Atkins. I'm a meat and taters man. Taters aren't on the Atkins Menu. Also, I will never be a "Gold Star Anything." I'm just a Good Ole Boy who coaches and teaches high school. So, I'll save that advanced stuff for you guys.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Cannonball » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:55 pm

I coach at Triad High School in Troy, Il. I am now the JV Coach and started back this year after my dd graduated college. She had a great career and I was fortunate to make all of her collegiate games. I resigned my head coaching position to watch her play so, I've missed coaching at the HS level these last 4 years. I am also the head girl's golf coach. I have been a head coach in basketball and baseball as well. This is my 30th year of coaching HS.

I have coached baseball for a very long time and Moderate two baseball websites. I also coached baseball in the former Soviet Union.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Mark H » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:07 am

Cannonball wrote:. I resigned my head coaching position to watch her play so, ,,,.

A decision you will never regret.
Mark H

by Mark H » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 am

If the hysterical slap fight is over, wonder if Inkrush could summarize what a good swing consists of? The part about reviewing lots of video of the best in the world piqued my interest enough to read the whole thread much to my eventual chagrin.

Don Slaught based his whole program on comparing hitters to elite hitters. He only thought in two dimensions and did not understand momentum so his understanding, while much better than was common in fp before, was incomplete and thus partially incorrect. But kudos to Don for getting Sue and Mike on video saying the fp swing is the MLB swing. HUGE step forward for the sport. My point, lost a few sentences back, is we can all look at video of elite hitters and yet come to different conclusions depending on our existing paradigms and our prior training. Mark McGwire looked at slow motion video of himself turning into the ball and told a fellow I know "yeah, that's what I mean-throw the knob at the ball".

So to finally finish, good for IK's people for studying video of elite hitters. Means not much though till we hear the conclusions. It's really not that hard to describe a good swing. The tricky part is knowing how to fix the inefficiencies. If IK can describe a good swing, I'd be happy to say this may very well be a good place to send your kid.
Mark H

by slapperdad » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:35 am

Mark H wrote:
Cannonball wrote:. I resigned my head coaching position to watch her play so, ,,,.

A decision you will never regret.

I continued coaching, my AD has given me wide latitude in scheduling, so I've changed the schedule around where I can go see her. It helps, but I still miss a lot. She's currently a junior, and I find myself missing seeing her play more and more. It's probably time, she's had a hell of a career at this point, and her games are numbered, I feel like I really need to be there to see everything I can. My family has sacrificed a great deal for me to coach. My wife in particular has had a lot of extra work piled on her. It's probably time to give some of that back.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Mark H » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:50 am

I've told many the parent of a fr college player, you think it will last a long time but you will blink your eyes and find yourself standing with her on the field for senior day wondering where the time went. See every game you can.
Mark H

by Mark H » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Decaf?
Mark H

by slapperdad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:03 am

Seriously C77, what is the point of your posts? The seem quite sad to me, you're really bringing me down. I apologize in advance, I have no credintials to post.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Mark H » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:42 am

C77,

I did not defend they poster. I did try to engage him in dialogue. And it's Willie by the way.
Mark H

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:36 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Spazsdad, I don't need the hero worship Bull===! I don't care if he's Willy Mays, if he says he backs these guys claims, he's as much a goof as they are. That is just common sense, which you don't have even a minute grain of! Keep your stupid, hero worship, dimwit coalition statements to yourself. You or this Mark have probably never even hit a fast-pitch softball delivered by anybody that can throw over 10mph. I'm a graduate of Yale University law school with honors, and a former big ten softball player. I'm not saying any of this to brag, because a first grader would know enough to questions these guys claims.

The anger continues. I know you will respond to this repeated suggestion with anger and denial, but you really should seek help for your anger issues which could be based in unbalanced body chemistry.

Good luck (again), C77.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to IN