Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by Cannonball » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:14 am

Missing something here? What are you referring to?
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:44 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Fastpitch Power: Did this coach make this stuff up? Do pitching coaches out there really believe this? This guy, who I don't know, is really ridiculous. Anyway, that's what I think. I would explain each part I disagree with, but there are way to many. What is your opinion?

What is it with you? I suspect your underlying bizarre behavior is connected to being someone who posts at 1:45 a.m.....Take a look at your post here. Does it make sense to you? And this isn't the first time. Stay thirsty.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cannonball » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 am

Ok, didn't know that the OP was in reference to some pitching guru. He says on his website that he is a much sought after instructor. LOL Me too. I have not had the time to go read or view much of his stuff. I'll do so when I get a chance. I do not consider myself more knowledgeable at pitching than the average dad who had a dd who pitched. My dd pitched for most of her softball career but was not a pitcher in college. She was a hitter.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:45 am

Looks like you slept it off, took a look, and hit the EDIT button. Good for you, makes a little sense now at least.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Looks like you slept it off, took a look, and hit the EDIT button. Good for you, makes a little sense now at least.

:lol:
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aparent » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm

I've watched a bunch of Phil's stuff, never found it very useful. Seems like he is just a bucket dad like the rest of us who got lucky with his DD doing pretty well and decided to become a coach. I think he misinterprets a lot of things and just teaches them slightly wrong. He talks about Forearm Fire and then demonstrates a motion that is not part of a pitch, he talks about there being a Throw Zone as if there is a window where the pitch can be released and still hit a spot, he never talks about the contact with the rear hip you see in all the great pitchers and he talks about how the riseball is an ineffective pitch. At least he doesn't recommend wrist flips and tell the girls to point their elbow at the catcher though so he is a step above total pitching stupidity.

Rich Balswick has a couple of videos on his site that lay a much better foundation as do a lot of the Bill Hillhouse videos, Rita Lynn Gilman has a lot of good info and Discuss Fastpitch has a good pitching forum. Those resources are far better than Fastpitch Power as far as internet pitching info goes.
Last edited by aparent on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aparent

Return to IN