Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by slapperdad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:54 am

Don't heave in the middle of a drill. Get off to the side somewhere.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Dark Angel Coach » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 am

C77,
Every time I have a new Student, I tell them and their parents, this is not my swing I teach! I copy what the best male and female hitters actually do. And then to the best of my ability I teach it to them!

I tell them that to become great it will take more than just coming to me once a week, that they must work on their own. Some do, and some don't.

I see quite a few Coaches teaching hitting that the best hitters never do! Or people commenting online about this swing or that swing that really don't know what they're talking about.
I don't claim to be the best, I just copy Ted Williams, Stan the man, Mike Trout, Crystal Bustos, Lauren Chamberlain, just to name a few.

C77, I have a question for you, are you the hitting Coach at the College where you assist?
Dark Angel Coach

by sporter » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Has anyone started using Zepp app to help with Hitting? Just curious of the results?
sporter

by Dark Angel Coach » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:45 am

I have looked at the Zepp and almost pulled the trigger and bought one!

I wanted to talk to a few Coaches that have one and get their input.

I'm getting ready to start a Bratt's Bats P3 bat speed program soon. Eric Snyder from Northern Indiana put together this workout and partnered with the Owner of the Bratt's Bats Co.

It's an hour long workout that works the body from head to toe! They use a radar device to measure bat speed 3-4 times throughout each workout.
Eric's created this workout 8 years ago and has help kids increase their bat speed 5,10,15,20, and even 25+ mph!
It also helps prevents kids from injuries!

I have quite a few of my students that are ready to start it. He did a demonstration with his Son who is about 5-5" 140 lbs
I measured his exit Velocity off a tee and he hit it 82 mph!
I was very impressed so I have started the workout just to get in shape.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes if you or anyone is interested!
Dark Angel Coach

Return to IN