Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by slapperdad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:29 am

C77fastpitch wrote:The balls have changed! And the new bats are dangerous! Fact:

When and what changed? You're telling me "fact", I'm saying at sub-college level it hasn't changed in the last 10 years, I'm basing this from NFHS and ASA rule books. Do you have evidence otherwise? If not it's not a "fact". We've used Wilson A9011 balls for the entire time I've been HC here, per IHSAA guidelines. We've given up less HR's this year than we ever have before. I think it says more about our pitching than anything to do with the balls

Furthermore you're saying that today's bats are more dangerous than (insert banned bat name here).?

This isn't a court of law, you don't get to persuade your peers what the facts are.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by sporter » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Beginning 1/1/15 the .52 c.o.r. 275lb compression softball will be
mandatory for all NSA Play.

New Rule is to make it safer.

My DD had suffered a conclusion in February from winter workouts and came back in April. Finally ! Do not wish that on anyone........ She was not wearing her mask and took one in the head.
sporter

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:23 am

C77fastpitch wrote:I guess your saying bats wars don't exist? Each bat company tries to out do the other, and bats that have more bounce for the buck sale first. The ball threads have gotten smaller, bigger girls, bigger hands. Each ball company does the same thing the bat companies do, try to make the best ball. Many times this means a harder longer lasting ball. The companies who make bats and balls try each year to make their product a little better, not the same, that's J C Pennies. I can feel the difference in balls when I put them in my hand. I pitched in high school and college not that long ago, and believe me there is a different feel to the modern balls. The bats are incredible too, see the college home run race. Home run records are falling everywhere, and don't say the hitters are that much better, please! Companies are not going to give up their secrets, so the prove is common sense for the most part. I respect your opinion Slapperdad, it just too bad your wrong. SORRY!
The companies say the balls are the same, but they are not, ask a college pitcher.

Technically Slapperdad has the facts and you have the opinion.

I guess you won't be answering my question?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:35 am

C77fastpitch wrote:I guess your saying bats wars don't exist? Each bat company tries to out do the other, and bats that have more bounce for the buck sale first. The ball threads have gotten smaller, bigger girls, bigger hands. Each ball company does the same thing the bat companies do, try to make the best ball. Many times this means a harder longer lasting ball. The companies who make bats and balls try each year to make their product a little better, not the same, that's J C Pennies. I can feel the difference in balls when I put them in my hand. I pitched in high school and college not that long ago, and believe me there is a different feel to the modern balls. The bats are incredible too, see the college home run race. Home run records are falling everywhere, and don't say the hitters are that much better, please! Companies are not going to give up their secrets, so the prove is common sense for the most part. I respect your opinion Slapperdad, it just too bad your wrong. SORRY!
The companies say the balls are the same, but they are not, ask a college pitcher.

Bat wars? What are bat wars? Yes slick marketing, Internet hype, (insert college elite hitter here) uses our bat, yea that happens, it's called marketing. Most companies that sell their wares to large audiences use this approach. Bottom line ALL BATS MUST PASS 98 MPH exit speed test, per ASA 2004 regs.

As far as home run records falling all over the place, you're sure it's the bats and balls? You don't think it has anything to do with, bigger, stronger athletes, who have better training, better conditioning, better weight traing, etc.?

I have no doubt that balls may well "feel different" different to a "college pitching expert" such as yourself. I will ask my DD's pitching teammates, but I suspect I already know the answer....probably something along the lines of, I don't know or I don't really pay attention.

Any changes you are feeling are most likely much less about performance and much more about cost savings for the manufacturer in the manufacturing process.

NCAA uses one specific ball, Worth NC12L12, .47 COR/400 Comp NAIA uses Worth NAIAFB, .47 COR/400 Comp, which as near as I can tell are the same ball with different lettering. In Indiana we use the Wilson A9011, .47 COR/375 Comp. I have Wilson A9011's from over the years I've coached and I see no distinguishable difference in the feel of them. Of course I was never a college pitcher, so...I realize I can't refute your opinion with my numbers and data and silly stuff like that. Perhaps since you're a college coach you could share the NCAA's findings from their ball experiment this past fall. I for one would love to know.

I can assure of one thing, at least in the case of the A9011, they are NOT longer lasting, and at about 75 bucks a dozen this year, they ain't any cheaper either.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:54 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Refute my opinion with fact! You should read Plato, and "Analogy of the Cave".Only the philosopher
leader can really understands the truth. Although, Slapperdad, your one sided "Fox News" type argument is a thing of beauty. I think you have an attorney type brain. To paraphrase Henry Fonda in, "12 Angry Men"," its not possible you wrong"?
Facts:
1) Increase bat speed
2) More home runs, a lot more
3) More serious injuries
Opinion:
1) Listen to the sound of the ball off the bat
2) Notice the speed of the ball off the bat
3) The length of the home runs

C77... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbVn9Xx3YM
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:04 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Refute my opinion with fact! You should read Plato, and "Analogy of the Cave".Only the philosopher
leader can really understands the truth. Although, Slapperdad, your one sided "Fox News" type argument is a thing of beauty. I think you have an attorney type brain. To paraphrase Henry Fonda in, "12 Angry Men"," its not possible you wrong"?
Facts:
1) Increase bat speed
2) More home runs, a lot more
3) More serious injuries
Opinion:
1) Listen to the sound of the ball off the bat
2) Notice the speed of the ball off the bat
3) The length of the home runs

I know I'm going to regret this but, how do bat speeds increase? Can you point us to the studies that show "more serious injuries"?
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Hurricane » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:11 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:....your one sided "Fox News" type argument is a thing of beauty.....

I think you just lost your own argument right here C77. This ignorant comment tells everyone you watch the "alphabet" networks to get your information. The lamestream media only presents the liberal point of view and only allows its viewers to know what's going on if it fits the liberal agenda.

At least Fox News gives BOTH sides of an issue and let's you decide. Fox News gives ALL stories whether it fits a liberal or conservative point of view. The reason libs like you take jabs at Fox News is because it gives traditional American values a voice. Your knocking the network just lets people know you're not a fair-minded person.

State your facts to prove your case, then let others opine. You might not agree with your opinion, but refute the facts then, don't show your lack of common sense by letting everyone know you only get your news from the far left liberal media outlets. People might make fun of you. Hey, I'm just looking out for you, C77.
Hurricane

by Hurricane » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Just because Fox News supports all opinions, even traditional American views, all of sudden it's a branch of the Republican Party? Conservative?

I guess if you are comparing it to the alphabet news networks, Media Matters, CNN, then...yes...it is conservative because ANYTHING to the right of those Far Left news sources must be conservative...ha....you are too funny CC77.

I was just trying to help you out. That's all. But stop BSing the BSers. Anyone who makes fun of Fox News is known to be a kool-aid drinker of the Far Left liberal agenda. Fox News presents both sides of an issue. One of their best commentators is Kirsten Powers....and she's a liberal! There are many Democrats that watch Fox News because they know the alphabets only give them what they want to hear. For crying out loud, CC, it took the liberal lamestream media 9 days to mention Jonathon Gruber's outing of the rollout legislation on ObamaCare.

But, let's leave it as we agree to disagree. But you should keep your comments on Fox News then to yourself, otherwise, no one will listen to your argument. They will realize you are a far left zealot who is intolerant of listening to other viewpoints.

As I had mentioned earlier, CC77, I"m just trying to help you out. Don't kill the messenger.
Hurricane

by slapperdad » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:27 am

Sadly C77, you just made yourself irrelevant on this forum. Good luck with the marriage and new job.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Safebyahare » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:45 pm

What I know about softball,,,

Softballs are not soft. If playing defense you should wear a glove.
If you can hit, they'll find a spot for you. (from 8u through college).
Egos are never in short supply.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to IN