Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Values Based Coaching

by Dark Angel Coach » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Great post C77!

I hope the Coaches that read this will take this and apply it in their coaching.
Dark Angel Coach

by fastec27 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:06 am

fastec27
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GoldElite » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:34 pm

fastec27 wrote:http://www.softball.org.nz/site/softballnz/images/Development/Coaching/Sport%20NZ%20Conference/Values%20based%20coaching-%20Andy%20Rogers.pdf

Here is a link to this.

Great link fastec27. Thanks for sharing.

C77, I'm curious as to what your "edit" was on your first post. Was it adding the credits to the original article after the link was provided by another poster?

:lol: :shock: :D :oops:
GoldElite

by slapperdad » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:26 am

I believe you've got Gold Elite all wrong, I believe he's taking a poke at the the gold, or elite teams, rather than patting himself on the back.

I can appreciate your education, undergrad, grad school, law degree and all, but geez quit taking yourself so seriously. Learn to laugh a little, be able to laugh at yourself, have some fun. And if you're going to post someone else's work, make damn sure you give them the credit.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:58 am

C77, I don't care where you're posting it, posting something that you didn't write and not giving the credit to the original author is plagiarism, Surely you learned about that in your education at some point? Furthermore, in my opinion not giving credit when you quote someone else, doesn't do much for your credibility in my eyes.

For the record, I wouldn't know GoldElite if he walked up to me and punched me in the nose. I don't even think he coaches, I think he's a parent. How would I know that? I actually read the posts here, you'd be amazed at what you can find out if you do that.

I can also appreciate that you played, you coach, and you love to talk about it. And you post some good stuff, there is much to be learned by coaches and parents with this thread. But if you go back and read my original post, I think I'm posting in the spirit of what you posted. I'm trying to help you be a better person. Learn to laugh, learn to laugh at yourself, this is life, no one gets out alive, may as well have some fun.

To quote Sergeant Hulka, "lighten up Francis".
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 am

"Some people you just can't reach..."

Hopefully C77 isn't one of those.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kidcanhit02 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:59 am

C77, plagiarized or not it is a great article and I thank you for posting. I also appreciate fastec’s posting of the website for everyone to look at.

Your effort to bring thoughtful dialog to Indiana Heybucket is appreciated.

I think the most thought provoking part of the article, for me as a coach, was coaching the un-coachable.

We all want a roster of girls who are hyper-competitors. Girls that figuratively want to tear their opponents heart out. We want girls who are loud, proud and fight to their last breath. However not every girl has a natural fire to be this way. Too many times we might overlook this as they don’t care or are not vested in the outcome. The bottom line is they do care. They would not sacrifice the time requires to play at the level many of our girls do if they weren't vested. Athlete centered development is a great notion. The one solution fixes all of saying get up and cheer will not put a “fire” in each players belly but they all have a fire we need to get out.

I will put thought into this. Teaching the game technically is not the only coach responsibility and that is easily overlooked. One thing we as coaches ponder is how to put that “killer instinct” into each player when the question is really, how do we pull it out of each player.

Great article, keep them coming. I will say the article is a lot to expect from anyone volunteering their time, but we would not do it if we did not love it.
Kidcanhit02
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Yep. He's one of those.

Sigh... :roll:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:52 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Fastpitch dad, HE is one of those? You sure know me!

Your gender makes no difference. Your actions speak for themselves.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:54 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:Fastpitch dad, HE is one of those? You sure know me!

Your gender makes no difference. Your actions speak for themselves.

And for what it's worth, the post you plagiarized has value, but I find little value in the rest of your ignorant belligerence. Just my opinion of course. Please carry on...
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to IN