Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Values Based Coaching

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Fastpitch dad- Your beyond contempt. I don't care about your opinion, or what you think of me. However, I always have an anwser for those who try to hurt. You are the very essence of stupidity. The Jerry Springer like poster who just likes to be rude. No real reason, just can't say anything intelligent. You don't add anything to the discussion about softball, you don't know anything, so you just rattle off insults because in your way of thinking thats cute. Your not cute, your a dope! Thats just my opinion! Carry on brainless.

My actions? What a complete idiot.

No intent to hurt, but I see I struck a nerve...that's a lot of angry insults there.

And I'll have you know I'm extremely cute in a Mr. Clean sort of way. Carry on with the entertainment by all means. I'll just sit back and watch because I'm far too brainless too match wits with you. I don't want to get "hurt" trying.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 pm

I appreciate the information and the dialog, C77.

You hit the nail on the head about the paradigm shift in coaching. Too bad some of the "big name" coaches and organizations in SoCal don't heed the advice. I've seen these "big name" coaches ridicule children (yes, 13 year old girls) to the point of them not liking softball anymore. Grown men thinking they were "preparing young ladies" for their future softball careers - all the while holding the "thought" of getting a college scholarship over their heads. It was pathetic. The sad part is that no one stepped to tell them they were being a**holes.

There are way too many bystanders who enable these "big name" coaches/organizations to continue with their bullying. Parents, assistant coaches, and opponent's coaches, all sit idly by while children are being verbally abused.

So, it's just not in Indiana. It happens in the hotbed of softball here in Southern California. The sad part is most of the children (and their parents) are afraid to speak up because it just might cost their daughter a chance at a college scholarship.

Great topic!
Hurricane

by slapperdad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:31 am

"]Gosh! Slapperdad you sure are swell to help me become a better person!

Thanks, I do what I can.

I think Mrs Bowmen's high school english class confused you a bit.

I have no idea who Mrs. Bowmen is, I certainly never had her for high school English, to be honest I slept through most of high school, I couldn't tell you who any of my English teachers were.

You say this stuff with such conviction, as if there is absolutely no other way to think, amazing!

If you don't believe it, why say it? You want to go through life with your panties in a bunch, knock yourself out, it's your life. Me..... if it ain't fun, screw it I ain't doing it.

You must be a boss somewhere...

Yes.

where underlings hang on every word.

Nope, I hire people to do a job, leave them alone and let them do it. I like self motivated types who will take charge of a situation. If they screw up, we'll talk about it later and learn from it. It may come as a shock to you, but I myself screw up occasionally.

Not trying to start a war here!

Nor am I. I'm obviously not the smartest dude/dudette in the room, but I've been around, lived a little, and seen some things.

Instead of debating the pro and cons of the information I tried sharing on this forum, which I believe is very important, posters would rather debate it's authenticity.

Geez.....I'm not debating the information being valid, I think I was pretty clear when I stated: "And you post some good stuff, there is much to be learned by coaches and parents with this thread". All I'm saying is if you post someone else's work, give them the credit for it, not after you've been busted.

I gave credit to the authors, so lets move on,

See above, I agree, I said what I wanted to say and I've moved on, why do you keep bringing it back up?

Do we have any coaches that believe researched, values based coaching is not the wave of the future?

This may come as a shock to you, but the people who participate in this forum are a VERY SMALL fraction of the people who coach Softball in this state. I am an old Football guy, I played Football, coached Football, and have officiated Football for probably longer than you've been alive. The coaches I respect the most that I played for were yellers. I was a yeller and screamer. I've had to learn to do things differently. I helped a female high school VB coach with a elementary Basketball team many years ago, and learned a great deal about dealing with female athletes from her. This may also come as a shock to you, coaching boys, (which is my background) and coaching girls are two completely different animals, and I'm still learning EVERYDAY. More to the point of your question, I don't know that I've read any peer reviewed research on values based coaching, if I run across any, I'll let you know if it's the wave of the future or not.

By the way, that other post, what does that suppose to mean. You guys sure are deep?

I have no idea, can you post a link?

Slapperdad, are you attorney? You can't lead during direct examination.

:lol: attorney.......but I try to play one, every time I get a speeding ticket.
Sorry I was late the party, DD's game had a lightening delay in the bottom of the 6th of the first game. It was a late night last night, but man I'm glad we stayed and finished them both. Ain't going to be much work getting done today, lol
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by fastec27 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 am

C77fastpitch, Where is it that you coach?
fastec27
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:43 am

BTW....just to clarify:

I don't mind coaches who yell/scream etc....neither does my DD! As long as the Head Coach is also at the practices teaching/coaching the children to get better and to follow his program/techniques so that when games are played the children are prepared.

The problem I have is when the Head Coach mostly just shows up for the games and then screams/yells and demeans the children during the game for all to hear. Verbally abusing children while they are still playing the game - now, that is just plain bullying. Here in SoCal there are many fine organizations with "big name" coaches who are allowed to get away with it. Too many parents/asst. coaches are the bystanders who enable this type of behavior from people who are suppose to be "looking out for the best interests" of children.
Hurricane

by slapperdad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 pm

It was April 9, 2015 3:57pm. C77 I agree with everything you just said. Especially the part about me being a good guy.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:42 pm

slapperdad wrote:It was April 9, 2015 3:57pm. C77 I agree with everything you just said. Especially the part about me being a good guy.

I do, too!

Uh, so what are the chances C77 tells me I'm a good guy? I won't hold my breath... :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GoldElite » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:31 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Gold elite your a real pip! This was a web sight with important information. I have always been an advocate of values based coaching, read my post before this. Instead of trying to find fault with me, learn something. What do you believe, only thing I ever read from you is sarcastic and meaningless. Are you an elite "GOLD" coach, well than pro let me read something with substance. A got my Masters Degree witing about values based coaching, that's one reason I knew about this article. How much research base material do you have to share, or for that matter any information? You love to criticize others, here is your opportunity to write something important, in fact I challenge you! (Something coaches might be able to use that is not sarcastic or critical). I don't think you can do it!

(By the way) I added the three names because they wrote the article. I hope to show others that I wasn't the only person who believes this type of coaching is the future of softball. The counrty of New Zealand has adopted this program to train coaches.

PS. I'm curious too, you are so modest using gold and elite in your user name. That way when someone reads your post they'll know what a very special coach you are. Goldelite, Wow! that is so impressive!

C77, I'm not a coach. I have never coached. I started to coach several years ago. But I recognized very quickly that my DD deserved better. She work(ed/s) way too hard for me to hold her back. For the record, I have stated this in previous posts.

I chose GoldElite as my username to mock the teams/organizations that have stolen the honor of such recognition and made it their own. Oh, and GoldElite also happens to be a character in the Halo XBox game...coincidence...but it made for a cool avatar for me to use. The only thing better would have been GoldElitePremier.

I will readily admit that a large majority of my posts can be offensive to some. But generally only to those who take themselves, and this forum, and life way too seriously. It's a dark sense of humor, yes. But it's fun once you get it.

For the record, I'm male..and single...just sayin' :D
GoldElite

Previous

Return to IN