IN

Who has gotten off to a good start this High School season

by Dark Angel Coach » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:28 am

1A - Lutheran looks to be strong!
4A- Has anyone seen Avon play?
They knocked off HSE 9-6
Dark Angel Coach

by slapperdad » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Floyd Central went 6-0 vs. some pretty decent competition in TN. I think they dropped a close one this week to Holy Cross.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 am

We're a few weeks in, everybody has finally been on the field a few times, who's hot?
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Magic01 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 pm

Harrison looking strong 6-1. The loss coming from a split with Portage. Good Pitching staff in Moody, Revord and Fodrea
Everyone has a plan untill they get punched in the mouth- Mike Tyson
Magic01

by Dark Angel Coach » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:13 pm

The rankings have come out, and Penn has jumped over Crown Point for the top spot in 4A! Not so sure about that!

New Pal has had a hot start! And they face a strong HSE team in their next game.

And what about Seymour at 4-0? :D
Dark Angel Coach

by slapperdad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:02 am

Nice to get some love, but it's really early DA. Great bunch of kids who've worked really hard this winter, I'm anxious to see where this season takes us. We have a brutal stretch starting tonight with 3A #3 Henryville. Hopefully we get to play.

Down south, I think the real surprise is Clarksville, 5-0, they didn't have a coach until either late January or early February, getting some love in the polls.

In 4A, even though Floyd Central has stumbled a couple of times, I still think they're a contender for the tournament. The rest of our conference looks like the usual suspects, FC, New Albany, and Jennings County.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Dark Angel Coach » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:21 am

Keep it rolling Coach!

Noblesville is the surprise up here, they've beaten 4 teams ranked above them and they still haven't played their best ball.
They beat Carmel last night even though they gave up 4 unearned runs in a 6-5 win!
They have a great group of hitters that are crushing the ball!
Z.S. has 5HR in 6 games, and A.C. is batting 742 with 8 doubles!
And they're not in the top #27 in 4A.

They have a tough stretch in the next 8-9 games to see how good they really are.

Avon has a strong team and also has some strong hitters!
HSE won a Pitcher's duel against Fishers 3-0 in 8 innings.
Dark Angel Coach

by LeftyHitter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:48 am

Penn is good, but I'm not sure why they jumped Crown Point. I'm guessing Center Grove will fall a few spots after giving Carmel their only win so far. Lake Central is a little higher than they should be though their only losses are to Penn and Crown Point (they did tie Munster but that doesn't count per IHSAA rules on ties). Sounds like Noblesville should jump up after this week. New Pal should be in the top spot talk at this point as they are off to a great start. You have to remember that this is a coaches poll and many don't see most of the teams in other parts of the state But, it's still very early and a lot will change in the next few weeks.
LeftyHitter

by slapperdad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:08 am

FWIW, I'm on the BOD of the ICGSA, I know member coaches vote, I have no idea who they are, where they are, or anything about the voting process. I was asked a couple of years ago to be a pollster, and declined, based on the fact I could give two $hits about polls. This time of year, the LAST thing I need is another thing to do.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by fastec27 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 am

I agree Penn should not have jumped Crown Point. Those two will play later in the season. Carmel is a good team and will be a factor in their loaded sectional. It will be fun to see who makes it out of that sectional. Carmel,Nobelsville,HSE,Fishers, any of the four could win that. I'd love to see that New Pal Vs HSE game tonight. One of the top hitting teams VS a dominate pitching team. I've seen Lake Central play and I don't believe they are overrated. I believe LC and Portage could push Crown Point out of that region. I have not seen Floyd Central play but I'm familiar with that group of kids and they have always been tough to beat. I know nothing about Avon but it looks like they may be for real. It's somewhat early but it's going to be a fun season to watch. Good luck to all.
fastec27
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to IN