Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Who has gotten off to a good start this High School season

by Dark Angel Coach » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 pm

New Pal 2 HSE 0
New Pal should be in the top 5!
Dark Angel Coach

by Dark Angel Coach » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 am

New Pal looks like the real deal! Great team with very good coaching.
Penn, Crown Point, Lake Central, all have played well from the teams up North.
Central Indiana has quite a few strong teams with Avon, Center Grove, HSE, Carmel, Franklin Central, Cathedral, Noblesville, and Pendleton Heights who is always coached well and puts pressure on the D!
Tell us about the southern teams Slapperdad.
Dark Angel Coach

by sbad » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 pm

The favorites this year have to be Crown Point and New Palestine. Crown Point has a good offense and the best pitching in the state, hands down. New Palestine has maybe best offense and defense, but they have no pitching. We faced 2 blonde pitchers on JV , who are better than their varsity.
Portage, Penn, Shelbyville and Franklin Central should all be considered contenders, as well. Portage and Franklin Central have a good balance of hitting and pitching. It is hard to tell, lots of good high school ball this year.
Go Indiana high school fastpitch softball!!
Last edited by sbad on Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sbad

by slapperdad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:06 am

In 2A South Spencer is rolling. Henryville is playing well as is Mater Dei. Providence may be a bit of a surprise.

In 3A Greensburg has been a bit of a surprise to me. They are winning a lot of games. I think most thought South Dearborn would have a drop off after last year, but they continue to play well. Edgewood may be the sleeper in the south. Mick does a good job over there and they're always competitive.

In 4A, I realize Floyd has lost a few games, I'm still convinced they are a force to be reckoned with come tournament time. Not sure anyone's going to beat New Pal this year, but I'm focusing on southern teams. New Albany is as athletic of team as I've seen so far. We go to FC tonight, so I'll get a look at this first hand.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Dark Angel Coach » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Just when I and everyone thought New Pal was invincible. ......BOOM! Pendleton Heights beats them 5-4
Avon gets a win in a Pitcher's duel over Fishers 2-1 in 8 or 9 innings
Noblesville over Harrison in 8 innings 3-2

Lutheran in 1A is playing a tough schedule and should be ready tournament time.
Dark Angel Coach

by LeftyHitter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:44 pm

New Pal has now lost 3 in a row and it shows nobody is invincible this year. I believe 3A South Bend St. Joe is now the only undefeated team in the state. They have the toughest part of their schedule in the next 7 days. They are playing in a tourney up at Michigan's always tough Lakeshore this weekend, then have rival Mishawaka Marian and Penn next week. If they get through that, they could finish the regular season undefeated. In 4A, any of the top 15 can beat each other on any given day. They could put the names in a hat and draw them out and nobody could complain where they fell. It's been a great high school season so far and it is only the end of April.
LeftyHitter

Previous

Return to IN