Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

o

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 pm

There's something about C77's posts that look eerily familiar and make me believe that "he" is actually "she".

This is good. HeyBucket is sorely lacking in perspective from the female standpoint. At least as far as I can tell.

C77, please continue. I'll get my popcorn and beer...
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Crap,,after surviving the SB/RB/HS/TB gauntlet I now have CBPP.
You can call me Vanilla, I have been called worse.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 pm

slapperdad wrote:
softballfriendly wrote:With the exception of David Lauck who is very transparent, we all mostly hide behind the curtain of disclosure. Therefore, history of the actual author and that author's past experience whether successful or unsuccessful will also remain unknown. Credibility of statements will always have added reservations and continue to be challenged. I seem to pay attention to those respondents who might hint at coaching travel/HS ball, having a player who played HS ball, hint at that same player who played on a high level travel team and hinted about having added expereince playing in college. Sorry "DD" does not do enough for me. While I understand staying anonymous , its too bad there is not some added credentilas of the writer included such as...

HSC (high school coach)
TC (travel coach)
HSPP (high school player parent)
CBPP (college ball player parent)
16UYPP ( youth player parent)
14UYPP
12UYPP
PC (pitching coach)
HC (hitting coach)
RPP (retried player parent)

Otherwise, most of these comments stay vanilla.... I could be entirely wrong here and maybe all of you seem to know each other already...

I get your point, but who I am is probably the worst kept secret on this board. In case anyone missed it, I'll say it again.
Brian Personett
HSC Seymour High School
CBPP

You know it's funny, I've told everyone here who I am a number of times, but no one cares. In fact I'm pretty sure they're trying to forget. :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 pm

softballfriendly wrote:With the exception of David Lauck who is very transparent, we all mostly hide behind the curtain of disclosure. Therefore, history of the actual author and that author's past experience whether successful or unsuccessful will also remain unknown. Credibility of statements will always have added reservations and continue to be challenged. I seem to pay attention to those respondents who might hint at coaching travel/HS ball, having a player who played HS ball, hint at that same player who played on a high level travel team and hinted about having added expereince playing in college. Sorry "DD" does not do enough for me. While I understand staying anonymous , its too bad there is not some added credentilas of the writer included such as...

HSC (high school coach)
TC (travel coach)
HSPP (high school player parent)
CBPP (college ball player parent)
16UYPP ( youth player parent)
14UYPP
12UYPP
PC (pitching coach)
HC (hitting coach)
RPP (retried player parent)

Otherwise, most of these comments stay vanilla.... I could be entirely wrong here and maybe all of you seem to know each other already...

I am a RC16U12UPPTNTBARC.

Hope that helps!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GoldElite » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:55 pm

How in the hell did I miss out on all this? I can't remember the last time I read through a thread that had posts by so many of the "Legends" of Heybucket. When you have slapperdad, Spazsdad, aromatic, Safebyahare, PDad, and fastpitchdad05 all chiming in, man, ya gotta pay attention. Because you would otherwise spend hours thumbing through the old Dewey Decimal card catalog to find so much info all in one place.

I think the OP hits on a very good topic. But maybe it is taken a little over the top. Several responses danced around the point that a trained eye might be needed for periodic evaluation and correction. And nobody mentioned the possibility that the paid instruction business might be a little watered down.

So, why not a mix of on-line/video/book instruction combined with personal instruction?

77, most things said on HeyBucket are said in jest. But I don't believe there is ever any intent of things being said as an insult (like my opening paragraph). Most of these 'legends' have been around long enough that they no longer (if they ever did) need anyone's approval or admiration. So, a lyrical battle of the wits isn't gonna get anyone anywhere.

I would like for you to expand on your original post. Give us some links for video instruction you find to be particularly useful. There are many of us that could use additional instruction.

By the way, can someone tell me what DD means?
GoldElite

by slapperdad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by artomatic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 pm

C77, you are literally too stupid to insult.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:06 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Artomatic, what kind of jackass are you! What the crap are you talking about! You idiot! I have no more to post, idiots are coming out of the woodwork!

Well Arto, she's no Mrs. Teflon! :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bucketboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:02 am

Well slap glad to know the torch has been passed and you're the biggest smartass in the state and my reign has ended.

You're correct in one thing in that your wife is the final say....don't choke on your lunch laughing at that sentence as I know you will.

They say retro is in and this thread is like the good old days when this board was dominated by the best 12u team out there

On to the post ironically I still see teams doing drills in practices and warm ups that were being used in the late 90's. Yes technology is great but at the end of the day the coach be a private instructor or any coach must be able to instill confidence, motivation and getting the player to take ownership of their skill set and that can't be done from the internet.

Thanks for the smiles and the walk down memory lane and is it June yet....no offense Dave
bucketboy

by PDad » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Don't try to talk common sense with Slapperdad and his," band of renouns"!

Hey, you sound like a Les Brown fan - that's my dad's kind of music. Gonna take a sentimental journey, Gonna set my heart at ease, Gonna make a sentimental journey, To renew old memories...

Sarcasm is really all they're good at. You'll never read one thread of softball knowledge come from any of them, just bashing, and ridicule.

slapperdad provided some links to show that's not true for him. The rest of us recall the epic threads on hitting/pitching mechanics and aren't interested in starting new ones. That shouldn't stop you though - HeyBucket needs new blood to hold those discussions. Seems like it should be in a main forum though, unless you're focused on local instructors,

When I read some of of Slapperdad's posts I almost think he's human, and I could really like the guy. However, that thought is quickly dashed by his very next unthoughtful and disrespectful post! It's really hard to believe, I can't figure him out! I know I got caught up in the sarcasm, but what is one to do, take that crap without a response!

A quick review of this thread shows YOU were the one that disrespected the initial posters that shared their opinion on the subject. Seriously, go back and read your responses. slapperdad's responses have been much more civil and respectful than yours - he's clearly having some fun with it and providing some entertainment.

PS. The best tapes for my money are the ones put out by the US Womens National team and their coaches. These are the best of the best, true softball stars!!

Atta boy/girl! FWIW, I recall announcers saying Blaire Luna used instructional videos to learn how to pitch (e.g. rise ball).

I agree with slapperdad's initial response that people would rather pay an instructor than learn on their own. I also think it goes a lot further than that - people rely too much on weekly private lessons without the player working on it in between lessons. Players need to take more responsibility to master what they're being taught so lessons aren't spent on the same things week after week. Unless money is no object, players should be weaned off private lessons being their primary workouts. At some point, semi-private and/or less frequent lessons should be sufficient.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to IN