Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

18U GOLD NATIONALS

by softballisourlife » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:01 pm

:( Well. What can we say. The Dreams did very well in Gold Nationals but it has came to an end. They went 1 and 1 in pool play and 1 and 2 in bracket play for a total of 3 and 3. Way to go Dreams. We are so proud of you young ladies for going out there and playing with the best in the nation. All be safe traveling home.
Last edited by softballisourlife on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
softballisourlife

by hsballer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Way to represent Indiana! I believe Bell's roster was entirely comprised of Indiana kids. If memory serves correct, the magic gold had always had girls from Michigan, Ohio and Ill. Please advise if incorrect.
Anyways, great accomplishment! Whats in store for next season?
hsballer

by softballisourlife » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Yes. All players were from Indiana. What a great representation of our state.
softballisourlife

by hardtohit » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 am

33.) Sorcerer Gold-Pete 1-2 Volcano, CA
33.) Finesse 1-2 Commerce, MI
33.) Texas Eclipse Gold 1-2 Hockley, TX
33.) Texas Glory Gold (Beard) 1-2 Mesquite, TX
33.) Indy Dreams 1-2 Indianapolis, IN
33.) Beverly Bandits 1-2 Orland Park, IL
33.) Fury Fastpitch 1-2Chattanooga,TN
33.) San Diego Renegades 1-2 San Diego, CA
33.) New Jersey Breakers 1-2Wilmington,DE
33.) Texas Hawks Gold 1-2 Conroe, TX
33.) Atlanta Vipers Seamon 1-2 Marietta, GA
33.) NorCal Shockers 1-2 Martinez, CA
33.) Oregon Reign 1-2 Eugene, OR
33.) So Cal Breakers 1-2 Encinitas, CA
33.) Louisiana Blazers 1-2 Walker, LA
33.) MN Irish Gold 1-2Rosemount,MN
hardtohit

by bucketboy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:58 am

A job well done by the entire team especially since every kid on the roster is from Indiana.

Congrats!!!!!
bucketboy

by killerbee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:08 am

For those who have followed us through our journey... Thanks! Even to the haters, this should be something to put on your "bucket list", even if it's only as a spectator. You won't regret it. Spectators are treated with royalty!

Even when we were not playing, I was at the fields experiencing the best softball I've ever seen.
This was by far the greatest experience of my coaching career.

Just to be able to take kids that will play in the "small mids"(for the most part) such as the OVC, Horizon, Mac etc... To just compete against kids already playing or about to play in the PAC10, WAC, SEC and so on!
Starting with opening game of beating incoming freshman pitcher to UCLA with her being pulled in the 4th inning only to be replaced by incoming Cal pitcher(I'm thinking to myself, this just aint fair), to our final loss against against Illinois pitcher Monica Perry.

From opening game to the end, it seemed every major D1 college was in the stands including the King himself (Candrea).

If there is ever a chance to pick up on a team for your daughter to play in Oklahoma City for Gold Nationals, it will be worth every penny you spend and have memories of a lifetime!
killerbee

by sballfan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 am

I'm anxious to hear the local coaches opinion of the new Premier tournament being organized for 2010. The info on the hey bucket boards is quite interesting and I can certainly appreciate the logic behind it. I think we all have our varying opinions on ASA and their faults. It certainly sounds like a valid idea to me. What do you coaches think?
sballfan

by killerbee » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:32 am

I think this is a great idea. If anyone can pull it off, it will be Gary Haning. He is bigger than ASA Gold itself. I did enjoy playing ASA Gold for the past few years and encourage those that will play in college to participate or pick up with a team for Gold. However, all teams will be on a more equal playing field at the Premier Tournament. Plus his plans are to complete the tournament in 4-5 days.
My dd's current team has accepted one of 24 invitations. The remaining 40 will be decided through regional berths. Should be interesting!
killerbee

by Stratos » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Midwest Sports Complex is going to host one of the qualifing tournaments in the summer for the PFT.
Stratos

by sballfan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:46 am

Actually there are more than 24 teams that have accepted invitations to the Premiere tournament according to their website. Very impressive list of teams for sure. It should be an awesome experience for the girls that are lucky enough to participate.
sballfan

PreviousNext

Return to IN