Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

USFA Rant

by FPDad00 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Once again we all face a change of plans due to teams dropping out of a a tournament. Fall State this weekend in Shelbyville is no exception. If they legitimately paid for the tournament and then decided not to come then OK. But, more often than not, it seems that teams are extended the opportunity to throw their name in the hat without paying and then decide last minute that they are not going to participate. This screws the teams that are already in and paid and have been given game times only to find out the schedule has to be changed. Some parents have to make changes to work schedules to attend their daughter's games and this totally screws them. Personally I am getting tired of the USFA having to change schedules because they have gone against a rule that they themselves made. Make them pay or don't schedule them!!!

Since I am on the rant, why does the USFA traditionally penalize winning teams when setting up brackets? It seems that every tournament has teams playing in the morning and the ones who lose will play early afternoon while the winners get screwed and wait 6 to 10 hours to play at night. I don't get it. Hoping our coaches decide to play in the other sanctioning body tournaments.
FPDad00

Return to IN