Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Top 14U Teams

by SftbllLifer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:43 pm

So now that tryouts have pretty much rapped up, who will be the top teams in the state this year?
SftbllLifer

by slapperdad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:01 pm

SftbllLifer wrote:So now that tryouts have pretty much rapped up, who will be the top teams in the state this year?

Awesome first post. Welcome. Now, Abide.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GoldElite » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:15 pm

SftbllLifer wrote:So now that tryouts have pretty much rapped up, who will be the top teams in the state this year?

This topic is only appropriate in 12u. Now, I'm guessing your a parent of a 2001 player/team. So, how about you just tell us how great they were last year...and how they will be even stronger this year because of a couple of pickups.

And when your done with that, step back 3 more feet, relax, and enjoy the show.
GoldElite

by Kidcanhit02 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:50 am

Even more than 12U I was hoping to discuss which 6 and 8U teams are going to be strong this season.
Kidcanhit02
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SftbllLifer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:00 am

Well you are wrong I am not a parent. I have younger sisters who play softball religiously and this is one of the divisions I don't know anything about. I was always into following them whenever I could despite my own sports commitments and last time I checked this is a message board. The fact that some of you think you are "veterans" of a message board is hilarious to me. If you don't want to answer the question then fine. MOVE ALONG. Now I do know A LOT of people who play in the age group but not a lot of teams. See nowadays all you parents who think "my child is a SUPERSTAR" have watered down the associations so bad because you leave teams at the first sign of discomfort or the mere fact that you aren't the star of the team. If your first child is just now getting to this age group then you are the parents I'm talking to and probably the same ones who responded to this. You can't handle rejection and so you play for no name associations, who in the end have ZERO experience with colleges and can't get your daughter signed unless it's D-2(Maybe) but most likely NAIA. Now before you start making assumptions about how young I am. I promise I'm not so don't try to play that card, but again if you don't want to answer the question then go to another post where I'm sure your needless comments will be irrelevant there as well. Have a nice day!
SftbllLifer

by BAM2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 am

SftbllLifer wrote:Well you are wrong I am not a parent. I have younger sisters who play softball religiously and this is one of the divisions I don't know anything about. I was always into following them whenever I could despite my own sports commitments and last time I checked this is a message board. The fact that some of you think you are "veterans" of a message board is hilarious to me. If you don't want to answer the question then fine. MOVE ALONG. Now I do know A LOT of people who play in the age group but not a lot of teams. See nowadays all you parents who think "my child is a SUPERSTAR" have watered down the associations so bad because you leave teams at the first sign of discomfort or the mere fact that you aren't the star of the team. If your first child is just now getting to this age group then you are the parents I'm talking to and probably the same ones who responded to this. You can't handle rejection and so you play for no name associations, who in the end have ZERO experience with colleges and can't get your daughter signed unless it's D-2(Maybe) but most likely NAIA. Now before you start making assumptions about how young I am. I promise I'm not so don't try to play that card, but again if you don't want to answer the question then go to another post where I'm sure your needless comments will be irrelevant there as well. Have a nice day!

Sftblllifer, jumped right in with both feet i see. Been there done that. Good luck with not getting worked up after you post, just a reiminder, lashing out just fuels the fire. With that being said.
Look at the PGF Finishing order for 14u and 12u. Those will be your top teams headed into the New season. I just left 14u with my oldest and have a 1st year 14u entering the mix. You have strong 01's entering the frey. From Mercado, Brashere/Thornburg, BB Teams. Second year 14's, CA of course winning it with a first year 14 team was amazing. So Cal TO will be there at the end.
So do a little research use PGF and ASA to draw your con-conclusion of which teams to watch out for. You can win all year long but the only thing that matters is how well you play on the last day. Been there done that too.
By the way, their are a lot of superstar kids out there, but usually there the ones keeping quiet.
Also look at previous post on the top 14 teams and who was picked to win it all. The ones that are at the top, won't toot there own horn, so to say.
Good luck in watching your sisters play.. Be a great supportive sister, sometimes they just need support, everything will work out relax and enjoy the game, it'll be over as soon as you know it.
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kidcanhit02 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 am

SftbllLifer wrote:ZERO experience with colleges and can't get your daughter signed unless it's D-2(Maybe) but most likely NAIA

I am sure others will have more to say but this quote caught my eye. Since when is getting signed in some fashion to a Div 2 or NAIA school an insult? As a dad to a younger child I will be in seventh heaven if...

1. My daughter continues to love softball at 18 (I am sure boys and a driver's liscense could easily sway her love of softball)
2. My daughter gets into the college she wants
3. My daughter has a chance to play softball in college (if she wants to) at the college she wants

BONUS
4. That college agrees to help with some % of the financial burden of college.

Regarding the best 14U team, since you are just a older sibling wanting information...

Start with the big names (Dreams, Gators, Magic Gold, etc). There is/was a Crush 2000 team that was VERY good but I have no idea what is going on with that org anymore.
Kidcanhit02
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 am

Kidcanhit02 wrote:
SftbllLifer wrote:ZERO experience with colleges and can't get your daughter signed unless it's D-2(Maybe) but most likely NAIA

I am sure others will have more to say but this quote caught my eye. Since when is getting signed in some fashion to a Div 2 or NAIA school an insult? As a dad to a younger child I will be in seventh heaven if...

1. My daughter continues to love softball at 18 (I am sure boys and a driver's liscense could easily sway her love of softball)
2. My daughter gets into the college she wants
3. My daughter has a chance to play softball in college (if she wants to) at the college she wants

BONUS
4. That college agrees to help with some % of the financial burden of college.

Regarding the best 14U team, since you are just a older sibling wanting information...

Start with the big names (Dreams, Gators, Magic Gold, etc). There is/was a Crush 2000 team that was VERY good but I have no idea what is going on with that org anymore.

Who the heck are those teams you mentioned? Never heard of them...
tbjd33

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:51 am

Damn it's early... A state if Indiana post. No disrespect to those teams. I'm sure they can play... You know us So Cal people. LOL.

Softball Lifer don't try and win over the masses here. Just state your points and move on. There is a definite "veteran" thing going on here and I routinely feel most of these posters no longer have DD's and should move the hell on!
tbjd33

Next

Return to IN