Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

16u catcher ...great hitter....looking 4 great team @ tryout

by danaewing » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 am

Haven't played travel ball just rec and all stars. My 14 yr old (15 in October) looking for a great team to try out for in August. Aggressive catcher. Currently taking hitting lessons. Solid athlete. Any suggestions.???. Live in shelby county
danaewing

by Doesitreallymatter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:42 am

Concentrate on her education. Softball really gets you nowhere. Maybe a $3,000 scholarship if you are REALLY good. But why waste the time in college? Hit the books!
Doesitreallymatter

by fanof2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Most teams offering tryouts will post their dates on the following website

http://community.active.com/community/s ... ts/indiana
fanof2

by slapperdad » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:53 am

Doesitreallymatter wrote:Concentrate on her education. Softball really gets you nowhere. Maybe a $3,000 scholarship if you are REALLY good. But why waste the time in college? Hit the books!

Did the OP say ANYTHING about even going to college?

I'll let my kid know she's "wasting her time in college" playing a game that she loves to play.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by coachrandy66 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 am

Who's to say she isn't hitting the books? Most travel ball teams want girls with balance. They don't want girls to have the minimum requirement GPA,they want a minimum 3.0 and higher. I know girls who have received FULL rides to college and even the ones that are not getting full athletic scholarship are getting a portion covered by the sports and the rest in academics.
coachrandy66
Premium Member
Premium Member

by feedman1971 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:46 am

I am from Texas, but we just got through playing the Indiana Magic, solid team with good coaching. The girls were the kind of young ladies that I would have wanted my daughter with & the coaches conducted themselves with class during our games.

By the way, to the poster from earlier, my daughter's softball along with her academics (3.5 +) will get ALL of her college paid for. Individually, academically or athletically, we could not get more than about 70% paid for, but with the combination, she will have a full ride!
feedman1971

by LeftyHitter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 pm

feedman1971 wrote:I am from Texas, but we just got through playing the Indiana Magic, solid team with good coaching. The girls were the kind of young ladies that I would have wanted my daughter with & the coaches conducted themselves with class during our games.

By the way, to the poster from earlier, my daughter's softball along with her academics (3.5 +) will get ALL of her college paid for. Individually, academically or athletically, we could not get more than about 70% paid for, but with the combination, she will have a full ride!

feedman, how did the game turn out? Assume your daughter plays on Louisiana Pride? I've been trying to find out info on the game since it wasn't on PointStreak for some reason.
LeftyHitter

Return to IN