Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Travel Teams - use of "Gold" Label

by GoldElite » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:50 pm

How much time before C77 creates a new identity?
GoldElite

by blackwidow » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Slapperdad..never mind the softball teams, your posts are pure gold! :lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by fanof2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 pm

I kinda liked slapperdad's response, it made me chuckle. one of the reasons I like to read these posts.
fanof2

by slapperdad » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:You actually read that tirate? Talk about your quality time! Do you guys actually know anything about softball! Talk softball! By the way Slappers dad, your religious comment is outrageous!!!! OUTRAGEOUS! :evil: This is my final post, I've have nothing more to say to you, or anyone else that shares your opinions!!! :idea:

I'm really sorry, you must be a Robert Johnson fan. I really didn't mean to besmirch the man's memory, all that stuff is could just be a myth. I've never looked it up on snopes.com. You know there's a reference to it in the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou. I really love John Goodman's character in that movie, I never really thought Goodman got his due as a comedic actor. He seems to be a regular with the Coen brothers. My personal favorite of course is The Big Lebowski, that rug tied the room together, did it not? I'm planning on a trip to Lebowskifest next summer, you interested in joining me, I plan on dressing up as a Walter Sobchak, who would you like to go as? I think you'd be a great Donny or Liam O'Brien. If you're a good bowler, you could go as Jesus Quintana, but that creep can roll man. Plus you'd need the hairnet and the purple jumpsuit.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by vdubya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:30 pm

I read Goliath's tirate. It seems kosher enough, except for the soccer reference. I did skip over some of the big words though.
vdubya

by Softball_Parent_72 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:28 am

For those of you using the word "tirate" here's the word's definition from the urban dictionary:

tirate - When you're cranky because you're tired. Hangriness and tirateness end many a couple's relationship when they go on holiday together or generally spend so much time together that the other becomes the target of anger stemming from biological cycles. While tirate or hangry the afflicted person won't accept the fact that the tantrum is unjustified, so trying to play it down like this, won't usually end well.

Website - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tirate

I think the word y'all are looking to use here is "tirade". Hopefully your (not you're) softball knowledge is better than....well you get my point.

Now onto the use of "Gold" after team names.....I think personally there should be some creative colors use like Crush-Chartreuse or Prospects-Lavender or maybe even Dreams-Aquamarine (BTW...I am not singling out any other organizations). I love these kinds of conversations which in the end are meaningless but great fun to read.

I got to run now so I can take my 8U kid to the US National Team tryouts as she was extended an invitation while playing on the 16U Central Indiana Racers Platinum Premier Gold "AAA" team. Hey wait, didn't they already announce the US team? Goes to show you what I know! Finally, from the words of Jim Rome, Slapper Dad you're Epic, Classic and a real contender for the annual Smackdown call in show.

Relax people, let teams call themselves whatever they want. It's up to you parents and players to investigate those teams and decide if it is what you want as a player and family.
Softball_Parent_72

by exD1dad » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Dear Abbey Dear Abbey C77 brain leaks
my wife hollers at me & thinks I'm a freak
every ballfield I go to I can't get a seat
If I drank like spazzdad it'd defiantly be neat

siiiiiigned whats a gold team

Dear Abbey Dear Abbey you wont believe this
slapper dad's hilarious & I love his diss
I may be an imbecile but 1 thing I know
If it wasn't for Uno we wouldn't have this show

Siiiiigned Hey Bucket
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:19 pm

ExD1, I love it, and don't think the John Prine call back was lost on me!
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by exD1dad » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Prime Prine Slapper dad :D

no one ever got my 3 stooges references, I felt like Dennis Miller @ Young Democrats convention
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bucketboy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:56 am

I have no idea why I even logged on today as when you miss a couple years you miss alot.

Slapperdad with another epic string of masterful wordsmithing had me rolling as always....

Thanks for the laughs and I'm about ready to get that 10u gold team started.........
bucketboy

PreviousNext

Return to IN