Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Travel Teams - use of "Gold" Label

by GoldElite » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 pm

bucketboy wrote:I have no idea why I even logged on today as when you miss a couple years you miss alot.

Slapperdad with another epic string of masterful wordsmithing had me rolling as always....

Thanks for the laughs and I'm about ready to get that 10u gold team started.........

Not even funny!!!! We didn't choose the name of our team.

Signed,

Parents of:
10u Indiana Magic Gold
12u Indiana Magic Gold
14u Indiana Magic Gold
14u Indy's Most Wanted Gold
GoldElite

by Magic01 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:06 pm

My understanding is that Gold adds status to your name. Especially if you also use the same name of another org in front of it. Works like a charm ;)
Everyone has a plan untill they get punched in the mouth- Mike Tyson
Magic01

by softballfriendly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Well ... trypouts have come and gone and the casual use of "gold" was common again in the try out posts. Seems there are some teams that do play the highest level of competition and so aptly deserve the added moniker of a Gold label to infer whom they are. Then you have teams that use the added inference to suggest a level of play or plays a schedule that suggests otherwise. Those teams would be more descript and accurate to add "iron pyrites" to their team name. I guess the suggestion that "there's gold in them thar hills", attracts the prospectors out in droves.

Interesting thing about Travel Sports in general (not just softball) , is that the turnover is about 25% each year from the knowledgeable people moving on and the new audience moving in. Its funny how short the memory is for most and how the new audiencee needs to be re-educated thru their own experiences (good and bad) Those with a rear view mirror move on. If your able to have stayed in the rodeo for 4-5 years, thats been longer than most. Seems unfortunate that history does not have a lasting effect for incoming enthusiasts. Few like Slapperdad and Bucketboy still look in from time to time to lend their views.... Lots of good memories from before, lots of good memories to come. Lots of good leadership has graduated and wish they still had stayed involved so that history does not always repeat itself .
softballfriendly

by SoftballKing71 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:42 am

Marketing! That is why some teams are using the label. There was a 10U gold team pop up. They were terribly coached as a regular team and we whooped them every time we saw them. Adding Gold will not change the coaching, but attract better players that will be poorly coached. Beware at 8/10 level of GOLD. :lol:
You can only control your attitude and effort.
SoftballKing71

by Here We Go » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:50 pm

I feel like I'm not doing everything possible to get my daughter the exposure she needs. I just saw a post for a 10U Gold team. Hey Slapperdad do you still have an opening for the Knawbone All-Stars Platinum Elite team. My 11 year old needs to start getting in front of college coaches ASAP.
Here We Go

by extiger » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 pm

:roll: :roll: Ok now I'm confused. Someone help me out here. My daughter is on an 18 Gold team. Are we elite or do we suck??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
extiger
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballKing71 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 am

Here We Go wrote:I feel like I'm not doing everything possible to get my daughter the exposure she needs. I just saw a post for a 10U Gold team. Hey Slapperdad do you still have an opening for the Knawbone All-Stars Platinum Elite team. My 11 year old needs to start getting in front of college coaches ASAP.

Bring her over. Lol! We are from the TP. Lol!
You can only control your attitude and effort.
SoftballKing71

by GoldElite » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:18 am

extiger wrote::roll: :roll: Ok now I'm confused. Someone help me out here. My daughter is on an 18 Gold team. Are we elite or do we suck??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The good teams are now using "Premier".

The great teams use "Gold Elite"

The term "Gold" is now just a distinguishing term for organizations that have multiple teams in the same age group
The "Gold" team is better than the "Silver" team. And the "Silver" team is better than the "Bronze" team.

:lol:
GoldElite

by Here We Go » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:32 pm

GoldElite wrote:
extiger wrote::roll: :roll: Ok now I'm confused. Someone help me out here. My daughter is on an 18 Gold team. Are we elite or do we suck??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The good teams are now using "Premier".

The great teams use "Gold Elite"

The term "Gold" is now just a distinguishing term for organizations that have multiple teams in the same age group
The "Gold" team is better than the "Silver" team. And the "Silver" team is better than the "Bronze" team.

:lol:

What happens if the Gold team scrimmages the Silver team and they lose :o :o ? Do they have to change names?
Here We Go

by GoldElite » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Here We Go wrote:
What happens if the Gold team scrimmages the Silver team and they lose :o :o ? Do they have to change names?

Nobody wins or loses in a 'scrimmage'. That is a coaching tool for both teams to work on weaknesses. And to discover what does and does not work.

Now, if the silver team wins over a gold team in tournament play, then the effects on the universe could be catastrophic!
GoldElite

PreviousNext

Return to IN