Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

2014 Crush Classic

by Yobucket » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:22 pm

fastec27 wrote:My bad. This is the Indiana Magic gold 14u Spring team. Put together for the non-freshmen. I wasn't aware they were in this tourney. :oops:

Brian

Typical - goofy dude that thinks he can coach. I'm sure the Crush are happy you aren't there patroling the sidelines.
Yobucket

by SheWasSafe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Yobucket wrote:
fastec27 wrote:My bad. This is the Indiana Magic gold 14u Spring team. Put together for the non-freshmen. I wasn't aware they were in this tourney. :oops:

Brian

Typical - goofy dude that thinks he can coach. I'm sure the Crush are happy you aren't there patroling the sidelines.

The 3 Crush teams putting on this tournament were seeking the best competition they could find for this tournament. With or without Brian and his summer team we believe the spring team has a lot to offer.

Thank you for correcting your statement Brian. I was just about to start making phone calls.
SheWasSafe

by spartansd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Looking forward to coming down this weekend.

My wife coaches the Compuware 12U and I have a DD on the Compuware 14U also.

Should be a great weekend.

Now if the wet stuff would stay away until late Sunday we will be all set.
spartansd

by fastec27 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:52 pm

SheWasSafe wrote:
Yobucket wrote:

Brian

The 3 Crush teams putting on this tournament were seeking the best competition they could find for this tournament. With or without Brian and his summer team we believe the spring team has a lot to offer.

Thank you for correcting your statement Brian. I was just about to start making phone calls.

Yes they will be a team you will want there. Our spring team goes by IMG 14U not what was listed so that was what threw me off. I expected someone to take a shot at me because of the mistake, Unfortunately thats how Heybucket works and why I rarely post on here.
fastec27
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fanof2 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Looks like some great teams for the 12U this coming weekend - any projections on the outcome?
fanof2

by fireball101 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:54 am

From the list I have seen of the 12U teams, anyone of them could win it. I believe there are some clear favorites: Mafia 01 and Edge 01 (who looked solid this past weekend). The out-of-state teams are good; how good is yet to be seen. They rarely play the competition that we here in Ind face.
The young teams are all good, it will just be a matter of which of their teams will show-up. I have seen these young teams play with the best of them and also fall apart in key moments. Being a single elimination will surely hurt many of these young teams.
Weather appears to be good. Should be a lot of great softball at the Center Grove diamonds.
fireball101

by Beast_30 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

I don't know much about the 14U teams, but looks like the best 12U teams minus the 02 Gators are at this tournament, the 10U field is stacked with at least 4 teams capable of winning it.

Appreciate the Crush hosting...should be a fun weekend.
Beast_30

by SheWasSafe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:10 pm

All pool play and bracket play results are on line at http://www.IndyCrush2000.com

Our goal was to provide a tournament filled with the best teams available. We had 38 teams representing the following states: Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, and Ohio.

All 3 age groups were as competitive as we had hoped.

Congratulations 14u Lasers Orange, 12u Mafia '01, and 10u IN Gators '03 on their championships!

If you were there, give us some feedback.
SheWasSafe

by fanof2 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:16 pm

It was a great weekend and great tournament, which drew in most of the top teams. A joy to see so many competitive teams and great girls in such perfect softball weather. The way the pool games were spread out, made for a long day though. For example playing 3 games Saturday spread out over 9 hours (930a, 2p and then 630p) was tough, would have been nice to have the pool games closer together even if some pools finished a lot sooner than others. All in all, great tournament though that was fairly close to actually staying on time - which is a feat in and of itself.
fanof2

by spartansd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:51 am

We came down from Michigan.

I had DDs in both 12U and 14U for the tourney.

I was impressed with the level of teams in both brackets. The Crush did a great job with everything. Especially updating the scores on line and through twitter.

Since I had 8 games to watch Saturday I was not able to notice an issue with the schedules. I was going from game to game to game.

We really liked the 5 gg. When you are coming 5 hours it is nice to know you are going to get a good amount of games. Our 12s got 7 games for the weekend which was great.
spartansd

PreviousNext

Return to IN