Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

2013 Monster Mash (10/19 and 10/20)

by FPDad00 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 am

Kidcanhit02 wrote:Midwest did a great job with the fields in spite of the weather on Saturday and the officiating was very good. Only real complaint would be the 30 minute to 1 hour wait at the concession stands.

I agree it was a great tournament and there were some very talented teams that played. I would agree that the wait in concession lines was excessive and hurt those that did not bring food for their player to munch on between games as you spent your entire break standing in line.

The other issue I heard many complain about is that the fields were not relined for each game. I can say that we only played on lined fields 20% of our games but did not really question any of the calls. The umpires did take the time to back off girls who were almost standing on the plate so no issue for the most part there either. All in all a good tournament.
FPDad00

by brevercomb » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I know that the Champaign Select and Wizards 190 were playing in the finals at Midwest, but does anyone know who won? I can seem to find it on the PGF or Mash website. They were both very good teams. The Diamond Chix looked very good as well. They beat us in bracket play but it was good to compete against Gary's team finally. I believe they finished 3rd which, with the field of 10 that were there, is a very good finish. I believe Indy Crush-Hutchinson finished 4th.

Crappy weekend of weather but some very good softball was played among 10 teams from Illinois, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky!
brevercomb

by GoldElite » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:43 pm

brevercomb wrote:I know that the Champaign Select and Wizards 190 were playing in the finals at Midwest, but does anyone know who won?!

You mean Indy Crush 2000 didn't win this one? I saw 2 14u Crush teams listed and assumed it was them and Hutchinson...figured they had it in the bag!
GoldElite

by brevercomb » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:00 pm

@ Gold Elite - The Crush '00 were entered in the NSA event in which I believe they won the winners bracket. The two Crush teams entered in the PGF event was an admin mistake. There was only one and it was Scott's team. It would have been an awesome tournament if all teams were in one tournament. Would have been 25 or so teams in the 14s. Would have been tough to play with the rain though......
brevercomb

Previous

Return to IN