Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Getting Signed Up - Tournaments - Chicago - OCT 18-20

by Amish_TB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 am

Our team has made it one of our goals to go into the Chicago area more often. However, I must say getting signed up, finding solid tournaments and information is a struggle. Say what you want about softball in Indiana, but at least a few of the sanctioning bodies like NSA/USFA/USSSA have made the process fairly simple. ASA/PGF still make the process a lot more difficult than it needs to be. When I can go buy a car online with a credit card yet I cannot get signed up proficiently to a youth softball event that costs 1/100th of that transaction, something seems like it is messed up.

</RANT>

Bill Bollinger
HEAT Elite 99
Amish_TB

by brevercomb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:44 am

I have to agree with you, PGF and ASA are much more difficult to register and submit a roster. Especially when neither of them accept the others insurance. I understand they want the best of the best to play and those teams will go through the hoops to play ASA & PGF. It's a bit ridiculous though.

Does ASA perform a different background check than PGF?

Is the insurance that much better?

I do like the roster through PGF and how it is supposed to have pics of the girls on the roster. Kind of tough to get the roster going though......
brevercomb

by HoosierBBall » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 pm

PGF insurance covers all the other sanctioning bodies and it covers your team from September of current year to September of following year, basically the entire playing season, which means you don't have to re-register in January and in August when new players are added after tryouts. Our 12u team will be playing in the PGF sanctioned Pumpkin Bash that weekend in Romeoville. It will be our first PGF tourney and registering the team seems a little slower since we have to wait for our players to get registered by their parents. Once the original team registration process is finished, it's suppose to be a breeze to register for future tourneys. Anyone out there have any helpful info on this topic?
HoosierBBall

by brevercomb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:45 pm

@ Hoosier BBall - ASA does not accept PGF insurance. They only accept ASA insurance to my knowledge. That's the problem.
brevercomb

by HoosierBBall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:17 pm

I must have read it wrong. I'll copy and paste it.

Key facts about PGF Team/League Insurance :
•PGF insurance covers you for practice and play in any association. Insurance coverage follows the team, not the individual. If a player/coach leaves your team and joins a Non-PGF insured team, then they will no longer have coverage.
•Player/Coach will be covered for Excess Accident Medical Coverage in the amount of $250,000, with a $500 deductible (Underwritted by Nationwide Life Insurance Company)
•Teams will be covered for Comprehensive General Liability in the amount of $1,000,000 each occurrence, no aggregate (unlimited). (Underwritten by Scottsdale Indemnity Company or National Casualty Company)
•Additional insured certificates are available at no additional charge

You might be right, if ASA doesn't want accept it, they really don't have to. Sorry, I must have read it wrong. Any coaches out there with PGF experience?
HoosierBBall

by 10GatorCoach » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:05 pm

You can use ASA insurance for both ASA and PGF Qualifiers. If you wish to play in PGF Nationals, you will need PGF insurance.
Last edited by 10GatorCoach on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10GatorCoach

by PDad » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Any event that requires teams to be registered with ASA is essentially requiring you to buy ASA insurance because you can't register for ASA without buying ASA insurance.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to IN