Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Dreams 14u round robin

by spectator14 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:55 am

Fastpitch fanatic in your 3 paragraph rant you failed to respond to the actual topic of the thead. That being the false advertising of your round robin. Lets hear your take on that!
spectator14

by Comegetsome » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Curious..... What 14U teams will be there and what was the cost to play??
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

by afastpitchfanatic » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:23 pm

spectator14 wrote:Fastpitch fanatic in your 3 paragraph rant you failed to respond to the actual topic of the thead. That being the false advertising of your round robin. Lets hear your take on that!

If I wanted to comment about the round robin, originally, I would have. I didn't fail anything, except the ability to get my point across, apparently.
It's not my round robin, nor is our team participating in it. I clearly stated that my DD plays on Dreams 98. 98's are 16u. :roll:

I was off topic? I was addressing two comments:
1- Said by 2001-2Dad, "Seems aLot of negativity pointed towards that organization. Wonder what's going on. At least some of it has to be true?"
2- Said by sftballguru, "Misleading seems to be his way. Seems he is also listed as "head coach" for 3 or 4 of his Dreams teams." (in reference to Montgomery)
afastpitchfanatic

by sftballguru » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Comegetsome wrote:Curious..... What 14U teams will be there and what was the cost to play??

Indy Crush 14u
Shockwaves 14u
NWI Sox 2000
Dreams 14u
Crush 2000
Gators 14u

Not exactly 4-5 out of state teams as advertised!!!
sftballguru

by DoubleB » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Answer to the question: What 14U teams will be there and what was the cost to play??

Indy Dreams 14u, Crush 2000, Indy Crush 14u, Shockwaves 14u, NWI Sox 2000(Saturday only), and Gators 2000(Sunday only). Prospects 14u backed out as goal was to focus on playing up more. A couple of additional teams could not attend due to prior commitments.
The cost is $350 for 6 games with an 80 minute time limit finish the inning. Each game is scheduled to have 2 umpires if at all possible. Since this is the fall, the idea is to provide game time for each team to work on improving skills of each player. There is no bid to be earned and no trophy to be won. Games played in the fall have no bearing on the results a team will have in summer when one might be playing for a berth to a national championship. All teams will be able to work on the items that will make that team better as they progress thru this season. The idea of the round robin was to provide an opportunity for a team’s coaching staff to prepare and develop each player they have in a positive environment without the worry of win or go home as in a tourney. This concept is nothing new to any of the West Coast teams who play few tourneys, but do play several “friendlies” similar to this round robin.

The teams participating in the 12u division are given in another thread. The teams are Indy Dreams Red (’01), Indy Dreams Blue (’02), Indy Edge 01, Beverly Bandits 12u, Lady Lasers 12u, Compuware 12u, St. Charles Comets 12u, Shockwaves 12u – Davis, and Smash 12u. The teams from Prospects 12u, Mafia 12u, Gators 01 were unable to play due to player conflicts and/or other commitments.

Regarding the false advertising accusation: It was never the intention of the Indy Dreams organization to deceive anyone with the original post. The original poster was asked to put something out looking for any other teams that would want to play some games in the round robin. Information that the round robin had both a 12u and 14u division was not relayed to the original poster before the post was made, so the original poster was not aware of what age division a team was as the poster only had the organization name of some teams. All teams that inquired about the round robin were willing told who had verbally committed to the tourney. Any payments by a team are only being held to cover the cost of the umpires for each game and game balls. As previously stated above, the idea of the round robin is to provide each team with game experience against quality opponents to develop the hardworking young ladies into great softball players, who may one day play at the next level.
If anyone feels misled, the Indy Dreams apologize for giving that impression.

The Indy Dreams was founded in 2001 by Brad Lewis and Craig Bell, who have done an excellent job of developing and improving the skills of numerous players over the years since the beginning. The organization had developed into only having teams in the upper divisions the last couple of years. For this season, the organization is going back to having some teams in the younger divisions by having two 12u teams, a 14u team, three 16u teams, and an 18u team. Both Craig Bell and Tony Montgomery have the same goal as coaches, which is to provide an environment for players to showcase their skills and help identify opportunities to play softball at any collegiate level they may desire. I for one am looking forward to a great weekend of softball that should provide some excellent showing of talent in Indiana and the surrounding area.
DoubleB

by cpbulldogfan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:49 am

Glad the Bulldogs 00 weren't involved with this fiasco. The only team worth a crap is the Crush 2000.
cpbulldogfan

by Dark Angel Coach » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 am

Who was the best teams at the different age groups?
Dark Angel Coach

by Clay » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 am

Congrats to the 12U Edge, going 6-0. Well rounded team.
Clay

by SheWasSafe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Dark Angel Coach wrote:Who was the best teams at the different age groups?

I heard one of the teams backed out of a game in the 14U division.

My guess is NWI Whitesox and Indy Crush 2000 looked good. Wondering how the new Indy Dreams team looked.
SheWasSafe

by RetiredDI » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm

afastpitchfanatic wrote:My DD is on Dreams 98 (Montgomery-Hackerd). The reason, to my knowledge, that we use Montgomery's name is to differentiate as to what branch of the Dreams we are associated with. Apparently, Bell has called our "branch" of the Dreams a fake ---He says this because Montgomery didn't go through HIS franchise before using the Dream name, wouldn't you be upset if someone took something of yours without permission?--- . Instead of embracing the talent on the Montgomery side, he has cast shade on us by directing digs at us on Eteamz. Saying we aren't the real deal, etc and that we "fly the Dreams flag" without proper authorization ---I believe he isn't saying your team isn't the real deal when it comes to talent, he's stating that your "branch" is not with the original Dream organization, the organization that has been around much longer than Montgomery has been a Dream coach--.
Tony Montgomery is the manager of our team, and the new 14u. We have our own head coach...I don't think that's unusual in large organizations.

I do not wish to get into the entire Lewis/Bell dispute about who really "owns" the Dreams. I do not care. I know my daughter isn't a knock off and I resent that Craig Bell is stirring trouble for/about our team in public forums. I do not know if the insults were directed at Benefiel's team or ours ---Benefiel went through Montgomery to become a "Dream" team, so either way both took on a name without proper franchise fees etc. As I am sure MANY other organizations would be VERY upset about the SAME situation, Beverly Bandits, Indy Crush, Southern Force, and Indiana Magic Gold would all be upset if someone was using THEIR name.-----, but either way it's indicative of YOUR character, not ours. Killerbee, if you're so Christian, ---every christian is guilty of doing something that God would not support, let's not be hypocritical lol, I'm guilty of it myself! ;)---as you were trying to sell yourself to be to my husband and I over 5 years ago when bashing Cara Johnson to us, then why do you perpetuate the division? You came off as even more arrogant than we had heard that you were. In the years since, your actions have continually backed up that "I am better than thou" attitudeIn my opinion, and it is JUST that, an opinion... when you've won as much as he has, gotten girls signed to SEC, Big 10's, and multiple D1 schools... You can be some what arrogant---. What makes me personally sad is that I think Craig has a lot of knowledge. It's the delivery that spoils it. My DD looks up to his DD's........we would love to have unity. Why aren't you embracing the growth of the organization? You can not embrace something or someone who has gone behind your back, well... maybe you can! but I know many individuals who wouldn't---

Also, my daughter played for Hackerd, our head coach, before we were the Dreams. He is a good man and I do not believe that Craig Bell even knows who he is. We had a decent season last year, it's not like we are terrible and aren't worthy of the Dreams name. Humbly, in fact, we have several girls who have been scouted by and are being recruited by top D1 programs
When I think to myself, what can I do to better this, I think maybe the entire Dreams could all get together and be one. Have a cookout. Realisticly, it's not going to happen. Not because of what the Montgomery side has done.....but because of what Craig Bell has said/done. He doesn't want to be associated with us.

That is why we label ourselves Montgomery.

& No this is not me, kissing some ass, or stirring up trouble or what not. This is me, defending someone I do know personally. Both as a former player and worked professionally together at one point. I know Craig, I know his personality, and I'll tell you exactly what I've told everyone else... with Craig it is black & white, no in between. Very few individuals can handle his honestly and how blunt he is, but those who can, will agree that he is a GREAT coach. I personally have never played for anyone who had as much knowledge about the game and recruiting as Craig does and I did go on to play D1 so that's saying something! Yes girls come and go from his team but the tough ones stick it out. Craig took me from some NSA "B" player to a D1 softball player and I thank him for that. While his "ways" seem bizarre and unnecessary, that's his coaching style and if you don't like it, then don't play for him... but don't bash a coach because their style differs from what you consider to be okay.

I've been guilty of saying a negative thing or 2 about other coaches before I realized this myself. Everyone coaches differently, that's why certain girls click with certain coaches. This is why girls tryout for more than one team.
RetiredDI

PreviousNext

Return to IN