Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Thought on...........

by Iconic Wisdom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 pm

My point is there are to many teams that come and go in this area....it's hard to find good teams doing the right things for the girls, and doing it for the right reasons. In our area we have some teams doing that... Lazers, Heat, Bulldogs, Region Rockers, Phoenix, Attitude, Raiders... Those are all organizations that I have either been a part of or know someone who has and they say they share in the same philosophy. So instead of nit picking over records or how many drops a team has lets focus on building these teams up so they can keep helping these young ladies out and giving them options to play. Just because YOU may have had an issue with a coach doesn't mean their intentions are bad, remember that.
Iconic Wisdom

by dailyjoy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 pm

I do not think I addressed the intentions of any coach. Though we were asked our opinion on one particular team, my advise is the same no matter the team. Yes, I believe we should encourage teams but I also think advising parents to research a team is sound advise. Most individuals are not going to talk poorly about a team in public, which is understandable, and I agree ; therefore, the only real information a parent has about a team is what the team itself has posted and their public record. When a gator team promotes themselves as an established organization I can see online they have several teams spanning from 10u to 18u. When Harris claims they are a highly competitive team I can look up their record and verify the claim is true. My point...no matter which team you join...parents need to compare what the coaches say to the facts available. Please note I am in no way directing my comments toward NWI attitude, i have no comment about the team in particular, but am offering advice to parents looking for a team. Go read the try out boards, see what the coaches are selling, and then do your research to try and minimize the suprises.
dailyjoy

by Iconic Wisdom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Agreed DJ! Isn't it amazing how many GOLD teams are popping up and how many "College" coaches each travel coach can guarantee to get to watch your DD. I 100% agree for everyone to do their research...whether it's for the Attitude, Gators, Bulldogs or any team. But I do not like when (and I'm not saying anyone here is doing this just speaking in generalities ;) ) people use this forum as a ...well....open forum to bash teams that are doing it for the right reasons. Trust me I know that for every 1 team doing it for the right reasons there are 5 that are not...which is why I try to speak up for those teams. Going back to our previous point I was thinking of starting a team and putting "Platinum" after it's name...that gives it instant credibility doesn't it? :D :D
Iconic Wisdom

Previous

Return to IN