Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Thought on...........

by softball_fan13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:38 am

Anyone have any thoughts on the NWI Attitude team? Been checking them out but can't find to much info.
softball_fan13

by GoldElite » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:46 am

Something tells me you know quite a bit about this team. Tell us, what is on your mind? The floor is yours.
GoldElite

by TravelINDad99 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 am

They had a 8/19 NSA record and finished 13th in NSA North B State. Have seen them in a couple tournaments in the Spring and they looked ok. Depends on what you are looking for. There are not a whole lot of teams to choose from in NWI unless you cross the border into Illinois. I think they should have a better year this year because they are a bit more seasoned.

that's my 2cents ;)
A leader is not someone who will do good and look down at others; a leader is someone who will do good and help others who can't.
TravelINDad99

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:27 pm

GoldElite wrote:Something tells me you know quite a bit about this team. Tell us, what is on your mind? The floor is yours.

You are always so skeptical :lol:
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softball_fan13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:21 pm

TravelINDad99 wrote:They had a 8/19 NSA record and finished 13th in NSA North B State. Have seen them in a couple tournaments in the Spring and they looked ok. Depends on what you are looking for. There are not a whole lot of teams to choose from in NWI unless you cross the border into Illinois. I think they should have a better year this year because they are a bit more seasoned.

that's my 2cents ;)

Thank you TravelINDad99,
GoldElite...I know NOTHING about them. It was an honest question from a dad looking into teams.
softball_fan13

by TravelINDad99 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Not a problem! Not sure what age group your daughter is but my friends team the Indiana Venom is looking for girls in both the 14's & 16's. I know the CP Bulldog '99s are having tryouts tonight and tomorrow. The Dyer Fire teams are having tryouts as well. Good luck to you! My DD just finished up a gauntlet of tryouts and found a solid home...now I get to sit back enjoy Shark Week and have some cold beverages this weekend! :D
A leader is not someone who will do good and look down at others; a leader is someone who will do good and help others who can't.
TravelINDad99

by Iconic Wisdom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:23 am

They were a completely different team in the Spring of last year then they were in the summer of this year. They grew a lot and looked more "polished" in the summer and competed with some of the better teams at the tournament. My DD and I were watching one of their games at a tournament about 2 months ago and were really impressed with their coaches and the talent on the field. Every tournament they were in with us they finished top 4 or better in. So I agree with the earlier comment...I think they will only be better this year as a more "seasoned" second year team and I think they will be one of the better teams this side of the border. Just my opinion though..what do I know. :)
Iconic Wisdom

by dailyjoy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Iconic Wisdom wrote:They were a completely different team in the Spring of last year then they were in the summer of this year. They grew a lot and looked more "polished" in the summer and competed with some of the better teams at the tournament. My DD and I were watching one of their games at a tournament about 2 months ago and were really impressed with their coaches and the talent on the field. Every tournament they were in with us they finished top 4 or better in. So I agree with the earlier comment...I think they will only be better this year as a more "seasoned" second year team and I think they will be one of the better teams this side of the border. Just my opinion though..what do I know. :)

I will agree they were a totally different team in the summer then last fall. Last fall they placed third behind laporte lazers black and Harris heat 99 qualifying for the world series. If you look on playnsa results you will see during the summer they always finished in the lower half of the pack. I also agree they had a lot of talent but their record doesn't show the ability to capitalize on the talent. I am not sure which tournaments your daughter played them where they finished forth or higher unless they were non NSA tourneys.

I think the team will have talent next year my concern would be the promise the team will play A ball when they finished second to last at the B world series and are only looking to add a couple girls to the team. I know the really good third baseman ages up and six quit the team this year so maybe the coaches are actually taking more girls then they are advertising. The team will need to be completely different to go from second to last in world series to a competitive A team.

My advise to you and any one looking for a new team is do your research. Check out what coaches tell you don't just take their word. I have learned many coaches are great salesman but the product doesn't always end up to be what they are selling. Ask questions and talk to people who have played for the coaches taking into account the parents, players, and coaches may all see the same circumstances differently. Don't be naive but most importantly remember no team and no coach is perfect. Finally make sure the coached believe in open communication and acknowledge the team is as much you and your daughters team as it is theirs. Good luck on finding a team that is a perfect match for your daughter.
dailyjoy

by Iconic Wisdom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 pm

dailyjoy wrote:
Iconic Wisdom wrote:They were a completely different team in the Spring of last year then they were in the summer of this year. They grew a lot and looked more "polished" in the summer and competed with some of the better teams at the tournament. My DD and I were watching one of their games at a tournament about 2 months ago and were really impressed with their coaches and the talent on the field. Every tournament they were in with us they finished top 4 or better in. So I agree with the earlier comment...I think they will only be better this year as a more "seasoned" second year team and I think they will be one of the better teams this side of the border. Just my opinion though..what do I know. :)

I will agree they were a totally different team in the summer then last fall. Last fall they placed third behind laporte lazers black and Harris heat 99 qualifying for the world series. If you look on playnsa results you will see during the summer they always finished in the lower half of the pack. I also agree they had a lot of talent but their record doesn't show the ability to capitalize on the talent. I am not sure which tournaments your daughter played them where they finished forth or higher unless they were non NSA tourneys.

I think the team will have talent next year my concern would be the promise the team will play A ball when they finished second to last at the B world series and are only looking to add a couple girls to the team. I know the really good third baseman ages up and six quit the team this year so maybe the coaches are actually taking more girls then they are advertising. The team will need to be completely different to go from second to last in world series to a competitive A team.

Wow. Well lets just say that the softball community is a small world and we all basically know each other. So being that I am from the "region" I know most teams in this area and know the girls on most of those teams. I have watched this team play and they are very competitive, I saw them play 1 game at the World Series and it was a nail biter until the last inning, and going from what one parent told me that was how all their games had went that week. All that I can speak on is what MY THOUGHTS on them are and I gave them. I have met the coaches a few times and they are extremely nice and knowledgeable and none of the parents seemed to have any issues with them. I'm neither here nor there on this but in regards to 6 people quitting the team, it happens...my DD's team will have some years where they have 0 people drop then others where 8 will drop...its the nature of this travel beast...so the number of drops is irrelevant in my opinion. Like I have said I have seen this team ALOT in the tournaments we were in this past year and have nothing bad to say about their coaching or their kids or their parents. They represented our "region" well and that's really all I can say.
Iconic Wisdom

by dailyjoy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:09 pm

I will agree, from my limited interaction with the team, the parents and girls are very nice.
dailyjoy

Next

Return to IN