by HoosierBBall » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Results for the NSA A & B North State Tournament in Warsaw
1st - Phoenix Softball 6-0
2nd - Indiana Lady Spiders
3rd - Liberty Legacy
4th - Shockwaves
HoosierBBall

by FPDad00 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Is this the same Phoenix team that played in the ASA South tournament?
Were these the only four teams in the North tournament? If so, I can not understand why only 7 teams participated in the entire state for ASA. Baffled
FPDad00

by HoosierBBall » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:56 pm

If you're referring to the Diamond of the South tourney that was held in Jasper, it is the same team. There were only 4 teams in that tourney, Gators 02, Gators 03, NWI White Sox, and Phoenix. There were 14 in the NSA North State tourney. It looks like there's a bit more teams signed up for the Central and South NSA State tourney. I'm sure every softball junkie would agree that ASA is "where it's at". It seems the 10's in Indiana aren't playing it. They're either loaded up in NSA or USFA tourneys......
HoosierBBall

by FPDad00 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:46 pm

I have heard that ASA is the place to be and I misunderstood that there were more teams in the North tournament. I thought there were only four at the North and four in Jasper and two of those were crossovers so I could not understand why more teams are not playing. Sounds like Central and South teams need to step up to the plate. Thanks for the clarification.
FPDad00

by spectator14 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:46 pm

FPDAD00,

The problem with ASA Indiana is that they run tournaments in random places! Jasper, Warsaw, Terre Haute, Portage. They do not have any presence in the Indy area, where there is large complexes and hotels.
They also require you to purchase their insurance, pay for coach background checks, pay for coach training, ect..
ASA also only lets you play nine without courtesy runners. At the younger ages where getting everyone playing time is important ASA does not let it happen!
Don't get me wrong NSA and USFA are not perfect, but they do seem to draw better and I think it is for some of the above reasons!

Basically they are just not team friendly!
spectator14

by FPDad00 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks all for the info. Understanding how things work a little better.
FPDad00

Return to IN