Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Mike Sirbas Memorial WSQ

by madwhit » Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

Fast ... FYI you can only paper roster that player as long as they will not be playing any NSA after high school ball. I know this because I let 2 of my players play on a team last weekend. After run ruling the Astros they paid 75$ to protest that 2 players are from my team. The team got kicked out of the tourney. Shirley said that the paper roster is not being used properly. The player you put on that paper roster can not go back to their team and play any NSA ... This is crazy because so many 14u teams have to do this but have no idea of this rule. They are finding out after it is too late. I know some will get away with it but we had no idea since everyone does it. However since the Astros got creamed they paid the money and that is how we found out. Shirley said she is going through the paper rosters now to mark players.

Just an FYI... I don't want another team to get ejected from a tourney for picking up 2 players...
madwhit

by fastec27 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:06 pm

madwhit,
I guess my question is why have a paper roster then? I as well as another coach asked about this before we did it. We wanted to make sure that the players wouldn't have any problems once the Freshmen returned. I have saved the emails detailing this. I believe the problem with your two players is that they are basically playing for two teams right now. The Gators and the team they played on a paper roster with. The teams our other kids will play for are not playing right now. From my understanding this is what Shirley means by the paper roster is not being used properly.

Edit: just read the email again. It says" A paper roster does not make players illegal. They may return to their teams. They can be on a paper roster as long as they meet the age requirements for that division"
Again I think that the players basically playing for 2 teams at the same time is where the problem is.
FYI
I will have a copy of that email with me this weekend. :D
Last edited by fastec27 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastec27
Premium Member
Premium Member

by WalkOffHomer » Thu May 09, 2013 12:24 pm

madwhit wrote:...After run ruling the Astros they paid 75$ to protest that 2 players are from my team. The team got kicked out of the tourney...

Seems to me that the 14u Noblesville Flames owes the 14u IN Astros $37.50. The $75 Astros protest advanced the Flames one more game into the elimination bracket!

:)
WalkOffHomer

by dailyjoy » Thu May 09, 2013 3:38 pm

It seems the explanations need to be clearer. My understanding was the ASA teams with older girls in high school were playing NSA because they are different organizations and to prevent any problems. The way it was explained to me is you are not allowed to be registered with two NSA teams at the same time so to play on a "spring" team the player would have to be released from their team and registered with the other team and once you were "released" from a team NSA will not allow you to register for the team again.

Also I thought you were allowed guest players so wouldn't the girls playing the Astros be guest players?

Next year my player will be in high school so it is probably best to find a team with older 14u girls so it is not even an issue.

Though at the moment I am having a hard time trying to explain to her that even if she runs track and doesn't play school ball she still can't play travel during the spring season. She just thinks, in her words, "that is silly". LOL
dailyjoy

by BackwardsK » Sat May 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Any updates on this tourney?

Updates with scores would be appreciated!
BackwardsK

by Likeitornot » Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 am

what is everyones thoughts on picking up an older pitcher strictly for one tournament when a team decides to play up like CP Bulldogs 00 did this weekend? They brought back their pitcher from last year( who had to move up to 14"s) for this one tournament even though she clearly plays for the Orland A's 13u the rest of the season( they don't play anymore NSA tounreys this year so it is legal) .. I mean talk about manipulating the game.
Likeitornot

by WalkOffHomer » Sun May 12, 2013 7:55 am

I'm guessing the Bulldogs 2000 team is playing up to further develop the team. I don't think they have any pitchers that could keep the ball in the park (so to speak) in this tournament. So, by bringing in a pitcher (legally, as you pointed out), the rest of the team has a better opportunity to work on defense...

Hahahaha, what am I saying...I'm trying to justify it....but it's just not working. Why not stay in 12s and let your pitchers get more work too.

On a side note, I really don't recall their '99 pitcher from last year being that dominating. Is she creating havoc in the tournament? I doubt it.
WalkOffHomer

by Border Fan » Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 am

What about results, who looks good, how did pools play out yesterday
Border Fan

by dailyjoy » Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 am

I know Edge Chaos won over Gators 11-1(I think) for the championship. Magic Thunder was taken out early and put in the losers bracket by CP 99. I didn't see the game but I heard Magic played really poorly and pretty much beat themselves. Though Thunder won the rest of their games you could tell their hearts, and focus, wasn't what it was in the beginning. As one of the parents mentioned to me "What is the point of playing if there is not a chance of winning" (The tourney was set up that you could not climb out of the losers bracket and win)

Lazers Black and CP 2000 had an exciting game where CP2000 won in an international tie breaker when the first base was overthrown by LaPorte. I llike watching LaPorte. They are a well coached team which plays well together....just a solid team.

Gators had a exciting comeback against Team Oak Stars in the semi finals. They were down 4 to 0......time expired..home team last at bat...and came back to win.

I heard Magic thunder and CP99 played again in loser bracket with a much different score. Can anyone verify this?? Does anyone know the score?

It was a fun weekend of softball....I just wish it was not soooooooooooo Cold.
dailyjoy

by Region Diamond Mom » Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 am

Magic Thunder was supposed to play CP99 for third place but for whatever reason decided not to play the last game.
Region Diamond Mom

PreviousNext

Return to IN