Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!

by just a dad » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:01 am

What is the reason why the IHSAA doesn't move Softball to a 'fall' sport?

Someone plz edumacate me.
just a dad

by spectator14 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:23 am

Great question? Lets play softball an outside sport in March, April, and May when the weather sucks. While at the same time they play volleyball inside in August, September, and October when the weather is great!

Everyone just needs to have their A.D.'S keep pushing for this change. I know several who are.
spectator14

by slapperdad » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm

On the face of it, it would seem to make sense to move Softball to the fall and I know there are a few states that play in the fall. However I'm not sure it's a good idea.
1. Do we really want kids going into the grind of a high school season following what surely would be a much longer travel season?
2. A lot of really big showcases in October and early November. If your eye is on the next level, are you willing to miss those to play high school ball?
3. I don't really see much of a push by anyone to move Baseball/Softball to the fall.
4. If we move Softball/Baseball to the fall, everyone is going to bitch about the weather come tournament time in October.
5. And perhaps the most important, fall is Football season, and if push comes to shove, I'm sticking with my first love...Football.

It will not happen in Indiana, as long as the IHSAA is in charge.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

Return to IN