Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Pitching

by Clay » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:21 am

We have our first tourney this weekend, if its not rained out.I was wondering if we should track era on my 9 yearold or is it really just a waste? Can someone please tell me the steps for calculating era in 10U?

Thanks Clay C
Clay

by GoldElite » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:54 am

Clay wrote:We have our first tourney this weekend, if its not rained out.I was wondering if we should track era on my 9 yearold or is it really just a waste? Can someone please tell me the steps for calculating era in 10U?

Thanks Clay C

Using GameChanger (free app) or iScore ($13.99 I think) will do this for you.

But it seems that 10u is all about the strikeouts. If she isn't getting 60 k's per weekend, then you should probably contact John Feld.

Seriously, just Google "how is ERA calculated".
GoldElite

by spleenINfishers » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 am

I wouldn't focus on ERA at all. I would pay attention to walks and if she is throwing strikes. If you are playing a team that's not very good, a good indicator would be strikeouts. If she is playing a team like the Gators and they hit the ball, then I think that is a good sign. She's a least throwing strikes, pitches they want to hit. They'll swing at the first strike they see in most cases to.

ERA is a bad stat because her team won't play a full 7 inning game. They'll only play 3-4 innings, if that in some cases.
spleenINfishers

by Clay » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:07 am

Thanks Guys. I did install gameghanger on my phone. I will count strikes but who knows, she is 9. Hasnt seen many batters, looks ok when its me and her. I will post her stats after tourney and I would like feedback if you would. WARNING, it probably wont be pretty.

Thanks again
Clay

by 02BlazeCoach » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:49 am

Where are you playing this weekend, Clay?
02BlazeCoach

by WalkOffHomer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 am

Clay wrote:Thanks Guys. I did install gameghanger on my phone.

GameChanger will drain your battery if you have the settings to stream live. So, either set your phone to not stream, or take your charger. I have GC installed on iPhone, iPad, and iPod. So, I always have one available to use during a 5-6 game Saturday. You can sync them all back with wifi once you get home.

On another note, I agree with 02BlazeCoach!
WalkOffHomer

Previous

Return to IN