Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

High School Scoring Question

by slapperdad » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 am

We use iScore for our scorebook. My question is how many other schools use electronic means, i.e., iScore/GameChanger to score their games. iScore will upload to MaxPreps. I have contacted both Varvee as well as iScore regarding this issue. I am hopeful that it will happen prior to this season. I think at this point, the issue is primarily on Varvee's end hooking up with iScore's API. If this is a feature that any of you want, I would encourage you to contact Varvee and let them know your wishes. support@varvee.com

I still don't know why I report to MaxPreps, other than Backstop says I have to.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by backstop13 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 am

I never said you HAD to...just that I had to do it for football.

I know it's tough bringing dang electronic stuff to Seymour.
backstop13

by softball65 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Our district and in fact most of the state uses VarVee. I personally like VarVee better.

I use iScore on a personal basis because I find that particularly as it relates to hits, scorers are very liberal....like the major leagues....unless it is so obvious a 3 year old could score it an error, MLB calls everything a hit. Anyway, I want what I consider to be an accurate representation of what really occurred. I can even add a note if it is marginal call in either direction. iScore has improved alot over the past year. Great app. Can also use the database function so I can sync up games I score on my fon or ipad. It would be nice if iScore could sync up with MaxPrep and Varvee.

Also like the pitch location feature and the hit location feature.
softball65

by slapperdad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

iScore already synchs with MaxPreps.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm

backstop13 wrote:I never said you HAD to...just that I had to do it for football.

I know it's tough bringing dang electronic stuff to Seymour.

Yea Backstop, that's exactly what you said, "you HAVE to report to MaxPreps"

Personally, if I coached Football, or had a high profile BB player, I'd see the point of MaxPreps, for high school Softball, not so much.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

Return to IN