Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Blue Chip

by Gator02Coach » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 pm

My apologies gentlemen. I certainly meant no disrespect. We play up to test ourselves and push ourselves to higher levels and its teams like yours that help us achieve that goal - win or lose. Things broke our way that game but we certainly realize the caliber of competition we faced. We appreciate the competition and wish nothing but luck to your team this season.
Gator02Coach

by WalkOffHomer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Gator02Coach wrote:...we certainly realize the caliber of competition we faced. We appreciate the competition....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that one of those "double meaning" things? Probably not. But wouldn't it be fun if it was?
WalkOffHomer

by Gator02Coach » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 am

BackwardsK wrote:Isn't Blue Chip a soccer field? Coming home from a weekend up there with no injuries is a feat in itself.

#NeverGoBack

#OccupationalHazardMyAss

#CanYouSayLawsuitWaitingToHappen

BackwardsK – I know that it’s pretty easy to joke about Blue Chip but given all things we’ve always had good experiences at Blue Chip. I’ve always thought that you get a lot of bang for you buck. My team played at Blue Chip last year 3 times (did the 3 for $750) and by the end of this indoor season we will have played there 6 times. We did the preseason deal that Blue Chip offered where you get a nice discount by committing to tourneys, and then the 10u and 12u team appreciation 1 day tourneys in November and December.

Being on a budget like we are and like most teams, it’s always been important to me to get a lot out of every dollar. Teams get a 4 game minimum – 65 minute pool games and 70 minute bracket games at Blue Chip tourneys. I like that because it feels like a tourney. At some of other places, its 60 minute – 3 games minimum and the cost is $400+ which hurts.

Just recently the lighting system has been replaced so it’s nice and bright and I heard they’ll being replacing the turf on field 1 next year. Now I’ll give you that the field turf is bad and needs replacing and of course there’s not much of a right field but all things being considered I still think you get a lot for your money.

I also like the fact that we get to travel and spend some overnights in Lafayette. You can get rooms for $50 per night at 3+ star hotels on Priceline which by the way my parents have gotten really good at and the kids get to spend some time being kids while the parents get to kick back and enjoy a few cold adult beverages after some games. It’s good bonding time for everyone.

Last year we came out of the indoor season ready to go and the improvement was obvious. This year once again my team is starting to click and we’re getting a lot of good experience as we learn from our mistakes and grow as a team. Dollar for dollar while other teams are just trying to stay active and not get stale we’re growing and improving.

I certainly respect your opinion and anyone else’s but all in all I like what Brian offers.
Gator02Coach

by mrshelbling » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Starting catcher and cleanup hitter for Mafia 10U Red team looking to sub for a 12U team this weekend at Blue Chip or Sportzone. She is comfortable playing catcher, 3rd, and outfield. Strong arm, good glove and exceptional bat.

Please contact mrshelbling@hotmail.com if interested.
mrshelbling

by BackwardsK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for the lesson. Here is a simple one in economics:

Lets see, $750 for 3 tournaments. That's $250/tournament...hmmm, sounds good, right? Wrong.

Add to that 2 nights in hotel ($100) x 10 rooms = $1,000
Add to that food and gas. Lets just say $100/ family (very cheap) = $1,000

Now your tournament cost is $2,250 divided by 10 families = $225 per family per tournament. That's pretty costly.

Assuming 2 pool and 4 bracket games that's 410 minutes...$5.50 per minute or $300 per hour...assuming playing to championship

Sport Zone - 2 pool and 1 bracket...185 minutes...$2.70 per minute or $162 per hour...assuming 1st round elimination. It gets cheaper if you win 1st round.

So, it really appears that you are more interested in quantity of games...not quality (of games/competition/what ever).

The point of my post was simple and direct. It's not a safe place to play. You cannot argue against that. Even with new lights.
BackwardsK

by Hereforthegirls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 am

As far as the gators02 looking for quantity of games vs quality of competition that's going a little too far. I have nothing to do with the gators. What I see is a very good 10U team playing in 12U tournaments against teams that they can compete with meaning winning some and losing some. That's what gets these girls better. If they are happy going to blue chip good for them. Obviously what they are doing to make this team a success is working!
Hereforthegirls

by WalkOffHomer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 am

This thread is titled "Blue Chip", not "10u Gators". I don't see anyone arguing that team's abilities. I did see a pretty good argument against tournaments at Blue Chip being economical for a team traveling from Indy.
WalkOffHomer

by river rat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 am

is the legacy sports complex in lafayette alot nicer than blue chip? i sure hope so
river rat

by Hereforthegirls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 am

WalkOffHomer wrote:This thread is titled "Blue Chip", not "10u Gators". I don't see anyone arguing that team's abilities. I did see a pretty good argument against tournaments at Blue Chip being economical for a team traveling from Indy.

I know what the title is! 10u gator posted why they go to blue chip. Someone else posted that they are going for quantity of games rather than quality teams. My post was to say that they are getting what their team needs out of playing at blue chip. If they want to go there that their business and you others can just stay away then. Maybe the facility isn't the greatest but to each his/her own.
Hereforthegirls

by honestabe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 am

BackwardsK, when was the last time your team played at Blue Chip? My DD's teams has not had one injury playing there due to Blue Chip itself and has played there multiple times. Sounds a little slanderous. I think it is a very functional facility and ran well. Especially with all the improvements the last couple of years. Has this become a Crush vs gator and/or Blue Chip thread. I think the thread was asking about scores last week not opinions
honestabe

PreviousNext

Return to IN