Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

This could get messy!

by just a dad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 am

HoosierBBall wrote: Skip the blow job game that half theses parents play with their school coaches

:o Thatta boy HoosierBigBaller, call it like you see it. :!:
just a dad

by slapperdad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

HoosierBBall wrote:The two people they mention are violators of this. Qualizza sent her kid to Andrean instead of Merrillville to play football and Rhea is probably the reason they pushed this. Funny out of all the Gary schools, all those kids he coached in AAU when they were 9 and 10 ended up at Bowman. Honestly, I think other than football, high school sports are becoming irrelevant. Skip the blow job game that half theses parents play with their school coaches and just hit softball travel ball and the exposure tourneys and for bball, go AAU. If you're a recruiter on limited funds, do you waste your time at a high school to see 1 or 2 good players or do you go to these exposure and AAU tourneys where you see 100 studs. Anyone wanna add to it?

The purpose of high schools sports is not about getting kids to the next level. High school sports are becoming irrelevant and that's a shame in my opinion. High school sports are an extension of the education process. From a purely selfish standpoint, I live in south central Indiana, on any given Friday night, I can drive easily within an hour and see a quality game, be it Football, Basketball, and yes even Softball for four or five bucks. That's a lot of bang for your buck if you like athletics.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by HoosierBBall » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 am

I can agree with that. My daughter and I go to many of the area's high school basketball and softball games. Not only is it enjoyable watching local talent play, it's the best time for me as a coach and a parent to sit there and disect the game with her. As being a former college athlete and the father and coach of a Blue Chip basketball player and pretty darn good softball player, I know how "dirty" youth sports are and how the recruiting game works. I'm not trying to knock any high school players, but you probably know yourself, that elite athletes are a breed of their own. That's why most of them play travel sports and want to compete at the highest level. Maybe my previous post came off the wrong way. That wasn't my intention.
HoosierBBall

by T1UP4ME » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 am

This is stupid. Hope we ok I have had my first garde wrestler in new pal, greenfield, warren, and mt Vernon clubs
T1UP4ME

by DLauck » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 am

Well said slapper. The more you share on here, the more I realize we think very much alike.
DLauck

by slapperdad » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:20 am

Tie1up4me, in simple terms the rule means this:
You kid lives in Pluto's school district and is currently enrolled in Pluto's School system. He can go play in Jupiter's club, Saturn's club, Venus's club, where ever you choose. If you go wrestle at Uranus, and a member of the Uranus High School coaching staff talks to you, and/or woos your kid to Uranus, since he's talking to a kid from Pluto's school system, you're all in deep shit!

As a HC, I can only talk to/recruit kids from my designated feeder schools or open enrollment/ non-designated feeder schools. I have six designated elementary schools, one designated MS, and four open enrollment K-8 schools.

I don't necessarily recruit. My philosophy is to get kids in our facilities, see what we do, see the schedule we play, show them the whole deal, and let them decide for themselves. In three years I've lost one kid who would have helped us.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by BackwardsK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am

Can you change from Uranus to Neptune or Mars? I just don't think anyone should be woo'ing kids to Uranus...
BackwardsK

by slapperdad » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am

Come on dude, that's funny, I don't care who you are!
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by ejnine » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:24 pm

slapperdad wrote:Come on dude, that's funny, I don't care who you are!

What's even funnier is that it's under a topic labelled "This could get messy" :twisted:
ejnine

by slapperdad » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 pm

CONGRATS EJNINE, you got it!
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

PreviousNext

Return to IN