Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

by 02BlazeCoach » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Sounds like a rule to validate your existence. This will keep some people at the IHSAA employed.

How will they ever enforce this?
02BlazeCoach

by slapperdad » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Shot across the bow of AAU BB? I had a lawyer explain to me that this by-law is written so vaguely the IHSAA doesn't have a prayer of enforcing it. And they need to be prepared to defend themselves in court.

It should also be pointed out that Jasaitis has basically turned eligibility cases against the IHSAA into a sport in itself.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by insoftballnut » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 am

So now lil Bobby or lil Suzzie's parents decide to move from 1 county to the next county, The IHSA can say that they know lil B & S were good athletes because of this or that, that someone said or seen them perform last year or so ,and some jealous parent or coach says ,I know they moved here for sports, That school is strong in their sport,then what.

Does the IHSA drill the kid on the stand,,Honestly now,, What a bunch of idiots they are to vote on something like this. Well i guess that more and more parents will just say take your IHSA and shove it,because i will take my kid to a private school with better learning standards and drag the rest of the team with.

And besides, i'm sure some kids don't need high school sports for college recruitment,giving the fact that many top tier travel teams go to big reruiting tournaments anyway, some of these tournaments are designed for this only. Go ask teams like the Beverly Bandits & Indy Dreams. and see how many of their girls got very good scholorships without the help from some IHSA's rules and some sub par high school coach,

So the bottom line is '' TAKE YOUR IHSA AND SHOVE IT''
insoftballnut

by bucketboy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 am

Dear IHSAA,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's next? You going to tell a kid they can't play basketball because they are too tall or tell a pitcher they can't pitch because they throw it too fast?

Bring back a single class basketball tournament so you can at least do something right. Ask the athletes and the coaches for input for a change instead of trying to impart your wisdom from your offices. Now there's a novel idea....... :o

What a joke and good luck enforcing this one.
bucketboy

by DLauck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 am

First and foremost, I support the IHSAA. But, I agree with all of you that policing this issue will be a daunting task. For every 10 y/o "caught" for illegally being recruited, or seeking out their "best fit", there will be 500 who get by.
DLauck

by clayface74 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 am

this is Insanity Hindering Special Athletic Attributes

I may try to come up with something better later...
clayface74

by slapperdad » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:32 am

First of all, before everyone starts bashing the IHSAA, and god knows I'm the biggest duck in the puddle, having dealt with them for over 30 years, I can tell you it's the last place to look for common sense. This change was voted on by your local principal. Ultimately they write the by-laws, so if you want something changed, or you want to voice your opposition, your local principal is a good place to start.

We on this board obviously have an interest in Softball and for many that's our sole focus. Keep in mind the IHSAA covers (OK most) all high school sports, I think the root of this is Basketball. The IHSAA's holy grail. There have been several high profile situations where AAU coaches have been perceived as diverting players from one school to another. The two glaring examples right off the top of my head are Bowman Academy where the AAU coach gets the HC and low and behold the whole team ends up there. The other being Daryl Baker who moved in with his AAU coach in order to change schools without sitting out a year, then ultimately moved back home to his previous school. At least in Baker's case the situation was all about his Basketball career and nothing whatsoever to do with his academic career. This poor kid was getting tugged in 15 different directions by ADULTS who couldn't care less about him if he weren't a gifted Basketball player. That to me is the truly sad part of this story.

It is my opinion that the high school sports landscape is going to rapidly evolve over the next 20-25 years. Possibly to the point of extinction. As money becomes an increasing pressure, concussions, and club sports, etc. Things are going to be changing, and I don't think that's necessarily good for the "high school" athlete.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by DLauck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 pm

DLauck

by HoosierBBall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 pm

The two people they mention are violators of this. Qualizza sent her kid to Andrean instead of Merrillville to play football and Rhea is probably the reason they pushed this. Funny out of all the Gary schools, all those kids he coached in AAU when they were 9 and 10 ended up at Bowman. Honestly, I think other than football, high school sports are becoming irrelevant. Skip the blow job game that half theses parents play with their school coaches and just hit softball travel ball and the exposure tourneys and for bball, go AAU. If you're a recruiter on limited funds, do you waste your time at a high school to see 1 or 2 good players or do you go to these exposure and AAU tourneys where you see 100 studs. Anyone wanna add to it?
HoosierBBall

Next

Return to IN