Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

In the 12u's who will have the best pitching in 2013

by pitcher2000dad » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Looks alittle thin is that light?
pitcher2000dad

by WalkOffHomer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

cpbulldogfan wrote:WalkOffHomer - Why don't you bring your GREAT team up here in the spring and play the Bulldogs, Sox, and Aftermath...

CP, I'm pretty sure my "GREAT" team handled the '00 and the '99 Bulldogs pretty handily last year. And they are even stronger this year with a few good additions to the roster. That's not to say that any of the 3 aforementioned (that means previously referenced :P ) teams wouldn't be a good challenge...and we need that for sure. I'm sure we will see you this year. Besides, why do you always suggest other teams travel "up here"? I'm sure I-65 has a southbound lane. Just don't get confused and stop in Lafayette. There is nothing good to be found there except traffic jams and an occasional robotic science type convention!

And I'm sure you do realize that my previous comment was all in good fun?

But I do enjoy you getting your dander up!
WalkOffHomer

by I Love Fastpitch » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

cpbulldogfan wrote:WalkOffHomer - Why don't you bring your GREAT team up here in the spring and play the Bulldogs, Sox, and Aftermath and show the NWI teams how the game is played? Or are you scared to travel outside of your comfort zone? My guess is that these NWI teams may never see yours. My guess is that the Sox are playing an ASA schedule, from the way Bake feels about NSA B. My beloved Bulldogs are hopefully playing the same type of schedule as the Sox. I don't know about the Aftermath's (or Phoenix Elite or whatever name they come up with next week) schedule. When they were the Phoenix, they played all NSA B and didn't challenge their girls much. So being that Indiana is primarily a NSA state, I'm sure you'll see the Phoenix (sorry, Aftermath) in a lot of tourneys.

Bulldog, it looks like your words are proving to be quite prophetic, as the Aftermath has registered for NSA B North State in Warsaw. Wow!!! Some of the heybucketheads have dubbed them as one of the teams to watch for 2013, and they are going NSA B AGAIN!!! Why challenge the kids with tough competition when you have the opportunity to dominate the glorified townball allstar teams? :lol:
I Love Fastpitch

by cpbulldogfan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 pm

I Love Fastpitch wrote:
cpbulldogfan wrote:WalkOffHomer - Why don't you bring your GREAT team up here in the spring and play the Bulldogs, Sox, and Aftermath and show the NWI teams how the game is played? Or are you scared to travel outside of your comfort zone? My guess is that these NWI teams may never see yours. My guess is that the Sox are playing an ASA schedule, from the way Bake feels about NSA B. My beloved Bulldogs are hopefully playing the same type of schedule as the Sox. I don't know about the Aftermath's (or Phoenix Elite or whatever name they come up with next week) schedule. When they were the Phoenix, they played all NSA B and didn't challenge their girls much. So being that Indiana is primarily a NSA state, I'm sure you'll see the Phoenix (sorry, Aftermath) in a lot of tourneys.

Bulldog, it looks like your words are proving to be quite prophetic, as the Aftermath has registered for NSA B North State in Warsaw. Wow!!! Some of the heybucketheads have dubbed them as one of the teams to watch for 2013, and they are going NSA B AGAIN!!! Why challenge the kids with tough competition when you have the opportunity to dominate the glorified townball allstar teams? :lol:

Hey I Love Fast Pitch - Just remember that the Aftermath beat the great NWI White Sox pretty easily in that tournament. And from what I've been hearing, the Sox are still considered to be one of the best teams in the state (which is up for a huge debate). So MAYBE they should be considered one of the top teams. Now here's the big question, why in the world would they play NSA B again? Are they still trophy hunting like they did from 10u? And they have NEVER beaten the Bulldogs 00! Let me repeat, NEVER!!!! I think they are scared to play the Bulldogs 00! The Bulldogs 00 are an awesome team that is by far the best team in NWI. So lets see what happens if the Aftermath ever decide to challenge their players and play a real team!
cpbulldogfan

by I Love Fastpitch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 am

Bulldogfan, you make some interesting points. I am anxious to see what your team has planned for this season, and I am looking forward to hearing your trip report from Georgia if you are going with the team. I also see that they are registered for a 14U tourney in February and I think that's great that they want to step things up, unlike last year when they played an NSA B schedule all year yet somehow were awarded a berth to ASA Nationals without earning it on the field. They played in one qualifier and finished 4th out of 8. Would they have played in any ASA qualifiers had there not been one on their home field? A lot of people were left scratching their heads as to how they managed to pull that off. So tell us Bulldogfan, is 2013 going to be more B-ball like 2012, or are these February tournaments a preview of what lies ahead?
Inquiring minds want to know!

I agree with you that the Aftermath is afraid to play the Bulldogs. That's a matchup that we unfortunatley won't see. It's funny how when teams list World Series and State tournaments that they leave off the Class B part. Maybe the "Killer B's" would have been a better name change?
I Love Fastpitch

by WalkOffHomer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Regarding posts above:

There is a thread already started by Magic01 titled "Thems Fightn Words". It's on page 2.

Maybe y'all should check it out, lol.

It amazed me how many teams register themselves as "B" when they really shouldn't. I wish all sanctions would change the requirements for this.

Example: if a teams participates and finishes in top 15 of Natuonal "B" tournament AND then returns over 50% of their roster the following year, they must register as "A". Maybe the finish and % is modified. But geeze Loise, let the "B" tournaments be left for teams who just can't compete at a high level...

(Steps down from soapbox)
WalkOffHomer

by roundingthird » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:54 pm

I Love Fastpitch wrote:Bulldogfan, you make some interesting points. I am anxious to see what your team has planned for this season, and I am looking forward to hearing your trip report from Georgia if you are going with the team. I also see that they are registered for a 14U tourney in February and I think that's great that they want to step things up, unlike last year when they played an NSA B schedule all year yet somehow were awarded a berth to ASA Nationals without earning it on the field. They played in one qualifier and finished 4th out of 8. Would they have played in any ASA qualifiers had there not been one on their home field? A lot of people were left scratching their heads as to how they managed to pull that off. So tell us Bulldogfan, is 2013 going to be more B-ball like 2012, or are these February tournaments a preview of what lies ahead?

I agree with you that the Aftermath is afraid to play the Bulldogs. That's a matchup that we unfortunatley won't see. It's funny how when teams list World Series and State tournaments that they leave off the Class B part. Maybe the "Killer B's" would have been a better name change?

I'm sure cpbulldogfan can answer the first part of your statement "I Love Fastpitch." But the last part I can educate you from what I know and have heard. The Killer B comment is awesome by the way! This is a perfect name for this team for sure. All this team has ever really played is NSA B. The coaches don't seem to have a clue about how to advance these girls. They would rather dominate teams in B than challenge the girls by playing a predominately NSA A or ASA schedule. Trophy hunting at its finest! I'll tell you what's entertaining. The Aftermath have registered to play in the ASA North tournament. Here's a question for anyone associated with this Killer B team: IF they qualify to go to ASA Nationals, would they go? Just because they beat the NWI Sox in a meaningless fall tournament, doesn't necessarily mean they can play ASA ball. That tournament was living proof that even mediocre teams can beat some of the best teams on any given day. So Aftermath, why are you only playing in ASA north and not the other two state qualifiers? I'm sure you'll travel to Indy to play NSA B state or whatever they call it.
roundingthird

by WalkOffHomer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't know anything about Aftermath. But they are registered in the NSA A State tournament...It's in Columbus, IN this year...not Indy

http://www.playnsa.com/TournamentView.a ... 86112&rt=0

They are also registered to play in the HSE Cancer Awareness April 12th thru 14th.

http://www.playnsa.com/TournamentView.a ... 86156&rt=0

But they are registered in the NSA B North State in Warsaw June 21st thru 23rd

http://www.playnsa.com/TournamentView.a ... 86110&rt=0

WHY DON'T WE ALL JUST POST OUR SCHEDULES HERE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO CONTINUOUSLY SEARCH THE TOURNAMENT SITES? IT SURE WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR US GROWN UPS TO MAKE FUN OF EACH OTHER!
WalkOffHomer

by I Love Fastpitch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 am

I'm glad the Aftermath signed up for A state. I do find it odd for a team to play in NSA B North state and NSA A State though. From all counts they should be classified as A, so that brings my next question.

Why would n$a allow teams that $hould be playing A ball to play in both cla$$ B and cla$$ A for the $tate tournament$ ? I wa$ under the impre$$ion that mo$t n$a tournament$ were open to both cla$$ A and cla$$ B, but they needed to $tay within their cla$$ification for $tate tournament$ and for the World $erie$. I noticed that now their i$ a Northwe$t $tate tournament for both cla$$ A and B. How many $tate champion$ do we have to crown? We already have a North B $tate, a $outh B $tate, a Central B $tate, and an A $tate.
I Love Fastpitch

by cpbulldogfan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I Love Fastpitch wrote:Bulldogfan, you make some interesting points. I am anxious to see what your team has planned for this season, and I am looking forward to hearing your trip report from Georgia if you are going with the team. I also see that they are registered for a 14U tourney in February and I think that's great that they want to step things up, unlike last year when they played an NSA B schedule all year yet somehow were awarded a berth to ASA Nationals without earning it on the field. They played in one qualifier and finished 4th out of 8. Would they have played in any ASA qualifiers had there not been one on their home field? A lot of people were left scratching their heads as to how they managed to pull that off. So tell us Bulldogfan, is 2013 going to be more B-ball like 2012, or are these February tournaments a preview of what lies ahead?

I Love Fastpitch - You will have to continue to be anxious cause I'm telling you anything about the schedule. You will just have to be surprised when the BIG BAD Bulldogs00 roll up to your tourneys and knock your team around. As far as qualifying for Nationals, does it really matter? The awesome coaching staff was somehow able to weasel their way into nationals with only playing in the one qualifier. Kudos to them! To this day, I still don't know how they were able to do that for being a NSA B team and playing NSA ball all year. Not going to Georgia to watch the Bulldogs00 play the games. Those same awesome coaches are foolish for even thinking they have a chance to compete with the majority of the southern teams. It should, and probably will, be a blood bath that I couldn't stand to watch. They are better off creating their own blood bath here by destroying the Killer B's (as you call them) or the NWI White Sox 2000 like they have in the past.
cpbulldogfan

PreviousNext

Return to IN