Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Winter Sport Zone Tournaments

by 10GatorCoach » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 am

GoldElite wrote:First time watching indoor this winter and was impressed with a 12u team playing so well. Wondering how many pickup players each team had (14u Crush and 12u Gators). Do you think those players on either team had any effect on the outcome?

Congrats to all teams for their performances.

Assuming you are talking Gator team who played 14U. It was a last minute group thrown together to fill the final team slot. There were 8 from Gators 2000 and 2 or 3 from Gators 99 Whitaker.

Crush was all 99 team and 3 from Crush 2000.

You will see many pick ups all winter with bball/volleyball/now Spring Break/Injuries/ect.....
Great place to get some good live practice games through the cold month!!!!!!!
10GatorCoach

by Comegetsome » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 am

10GatorCoach wrote:
GoldElite wrote:First time watching indoor this winter and was impressed with a 12u team playing so well. Wondering how many pickup players each team had (14u Crush and 12u Gators). Do you think those players on either team had any effect on the outcome?

Congrats to all teams for their performances.

Assuming you are talking Gator team who played 14U. It was a last minute group thrown together to fill the final team slot. There were 8 from Gators 2000 and 2 or 3 from Gators 99 Whitaker.

Crush was all 99 team and 3 from Crush 2000.

You will see many pick ups all winter with bball/volleyball/now Spring Break/Injuries/ect.....
Great place to get some good live practice games through the cold month!!!!!!!

I agree! It's indoor!

I wouldn't think the 2 or 3 girls would make that much of a difference, but I have heard some bickering about the outcome. Hopefully, the complaining is about the Gators picking up some 14's and not the Crush who picked up 12's.. ;) ;) ;)
Last edited by Comegetsome on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

by GoldElite » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:56 am

Ahhh, there are 2 Gators 12u teams. I'm a little slow. I wondered how they would have played both age groups. Now that would have been impressive.

I have to admit, I had figured the Brats and Nitro teams to be fighting it out in 14s based on pool play. Although that Gators team put a pretty good hitting clinic on the last inning against Nitro. That was exciting. Man those girls were all kinds of excited. That's what I love about softball. All that entusiasm!

How do you copy the previous post and put in yours? I assume that is a feature for a paying member maybe?
GoldElite

by slapperdad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 am

GoldElite wrote:Ahhh, there are 2 Gators 12u teams. I'm a little slow. I wondered how they would have played both age groups. Now that would have been impressive.

I have to admit, I had figured the Brats and Nitro teams to be fighting it out in 14s based on pool play. Although that Gators team put a pretty good hitting clinic on the last inning against Nitro. That was exciting. Man those girls were all kinds of excited. That's what I love about softball. All that entusiasm!

How do you copy the previous post and put in yours? I assume that is a feature for a paying member maybe?

First of all GoldElite, GREAT NICK! To insert the previous post, just click the quote button.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by GoldElite » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am

slapperdad wrote:
First of all GoldElite, GREAT NICK! To insert the previous post, just click the quote button.

Thanks slapperdad. I did my research and thought the name would be a little comical. And it's amazing what I can see on a computer versus the dang smartphone. I didn't catch the quote button. Or the emojis :geek:

Regardless, based on the games I saw this weekend, mostly 14s but did see some 10s and 12s, I can't wait to get these teams on the same field outdoors.
GoldElite

by slapperdad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 am

GoldElite wrote:Thanks slapperdad. I did my research and thought the name would be a little comical.

A possible candidate to pass the torch to, time will tell young grasshopper. These 12U pissing contests where no one gets the jokes, just aren't entertaining to me.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by BackwardsK » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 am

slapperdad wrote:
GoldElite wrote:Thanks slapperdad. I did my research and thought the name would be a little comical.

A possible candidate to pass the torch to, time will tell young grasshopper. These 12U pissing contests where no one gets the jokes, just aren't entertaining to me.

Agreed...

GoldElite, someone once welcomed me from the sidelines to the daily blogs via PM. Let me extend that courtesy...welcome to the blogs...hope you have thick skin!
BackwardsK

by BackwardsK » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm

GoldElite wrote:Ahhh, there are 2 Gators 12u teams. I'm a little slow. I wondered how they would have played both age groups. Now that would have been impressive.

Actually, there are three (3) 12u Gators teams...Premier, Elite, and Gold (it's a joke people!)

GoldElite wrote:I have to admit, I had figured the Brats and Nitro teams to be fighting it out in 14s based on pool play. Although that Gators team put a pretty good hitting clinic on the last inning against Nitro.

I still can't figure out why they didn't pull the pitcher until 8 runs were scored (if I remember correctly). But you said it correctly...pool play. And I'm sure someone else will point out that it is "indoor".
BackwardsK

by slapperdad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

BackwardsK wrote:I still can't figure out why they didn't pull the pitcher until 8 runs were scored (if I remember correctly). But you said it correctly...pool play. And I'm sure someone else will point out that it is "indoor".

Allow me to retort, a conversation from many years ago after a catcher had like 137 passed balls in one game basically pissing the game away for her team:
Dad: Why didn't you pull her, she stunk it up.
Coach: Because I wanted to make damn sure she remembered why she would NEVER catch again.
Dad: Oh, OK.

Coaches always have a reason for doing what they do, it may not be a good one, but they have a reason.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by GoldElite » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:16 pm

BackwardsK wrote:
Agreed...

GoldElite, someone once welcomed me from the sidelines to the daily blogs via PM. Let me extend that courtesy...welcome to the blogs...hope you have thick skin!

Thanks BackwardsK. Looks like you might be one to stir the pot a bit on occasion? Rhetorical question.
GoldElite

PreviousNext

Return to IN