Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Winter Sport Zone Tournaments

by WalkOffHomer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Someone is not happy. No soup for you!
WalkOffHomer

by 10GatorCoach » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

BackwardsK wrote:SMH...

I am sure you could have found 10-12 from your own organization that could use the extra practice to fill that spot.

By bringing in girls from 3 or 4 organizations you made it more about you winning than your own organization improving.

But, to the other teams that were in that tournament, all they did that weekend was improve as a team. So, I guess maybe they should thank you for bringing the challenge.

You figured it out!!! I was asked to help coach a team of girls to fill a spot and would do it again tomorrow if asked. I really didn't care who it was. I am willing to help any girl from any team on any weekend as long as it doesn't conflict with my team. I coach to teach and love girls who want to learn!!!! My team played in our age group that weekend and 4 of mine also played 14U. Was a great experience!!!! Hope to do it again soon!!!! It is the same reason your Crush team is playing up all Winter. Not about winning, but getting better.

I have taken my dd down to Mississippi, Georgia, and Tennessee in past couple years to fill in for teams from those states in some of the bigger tournaments. Not to win, but to play with different girls against different teams and in different atmospheres. All to make her better!!!! She loves every minute of it!!! If you think any part of what I do is "about winning" you have no idea. Although winning is more fun. LMAO Good luck to your Crush this weekend and all year. Don't lose sight of the endgame!!!!!
10GatorCoach

by BackwardsK » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 am

I digress...
Last edited by BackwardsK on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BackwardsK

by 10GatorCoach » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 am

Come on I expected more!! Maybe something with your 2nd user name "Walkoffhomer.!

Yes, we all know.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and those girls are not there because of me, but because of years of their hard work, but you can try and spin it anyway you want!!!
Last edited by 10GatorCoach on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
10GatorCoach

by BackwardsK » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 am

Wow!!!

I have never made it a secret as to the fun I have on here for my sake.

It's more about protecting my DD and the friends she has made throughout her time playing softball.

There is absolutely no reason to bring her into this forum...which, in my opinion, you have just done.

I would have sent you a PM but I know you would just copy and post it. So, out of respect for my DD and her privacy, I am asking you to remove that last post.
BackwardsK

by 10GatorCoach » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 am

:roll:
10GatorCoach

by BackwardsK » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 am

Close enough. Thank you.

I'll man up and admit I got a little carried away with the 2nd and 3rd post. But the first post was funny...you have to admit...and all in good fun...and I would imagine that only a select few people even knew what I was referencing.
BackwardsK

by roundingthird » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:31 am

WalkOffHomer wrote:
10GatorCoach wrote:10U:
Indy Crush over Edge 02 in Champ

12U:

IL Slauter over Gators 2001 in Semi

CP 2000 vs CP 2000 in other semi

Not sure of winner or winner of champ.

I heard the almighty CP Bulldogs 2000 were in town this weekend. Why wouldn't they showcase their team in 14's instead of 12's?

What happened to all the great Indy area teams? They all get really scared and stay home when they found out Bulldogs 00 & Bulldogs Mike were both entered into the tourney? The great Indy teams must have known that they were going to get embarrassed by not only one, but possibly two awesome bulldog teams.
roundingthird

by Comegetsome » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 am

Congrats to the winners this past weekend at Sportzone

1 - 10U Speedway Horsepower - good championship game with the '03 gators. A good back and forth game. I think Speedway's pitching was the difference.

2 - 12U Gators '01 - Looked like the coach was playing girls in different positions. A couple close games, but hey.. It's indoors.

2 - 14U Indy Crush - unlike the other two (which were #1 seeds) this #5 seed came together and played tough on Saturday. Looked like they picked up a few other Crush players to sub also looked like the Gators '00 picked up some subs too.
Comegetsome

by GoldElite » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:01 am

First time watching indoor this winter and was impressed with a 12u team playing so well. Wondering how many pickup players each team had (14u Crush and 12u Gators). Do you think those players on either team had any effect on the outcome?

Congrats to all teams for their performances.
GoldElite

PreviousNext

Return to IN